Anti-Conspiracy Theories #7 Google told me, so it must be true. Sheeep!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a bizarre story the Alex Batty situation has turned out to be. Pair of conspiracy theorists who think the world owes them a living kidnap a young boy and drag him all over Europe and North Africa because they don’t want to live in “the system” and pay their electricity bills. What a sad and messed up childhood he’s had, he is very brave!

• Sad
Reactions: 8
The home educated groups have become completely overrun by nasty, rude CTs who tell you that you have no business being a home educator if you believe in vaccinations or science. It’s unbelievable that all of these people accuse you of being ‘rude’ for believing in science and yet they are THE most spiteful, insulting people in how they talk to others.

I HE because my child has needs incompatible with MS. It is horrifying to be suddenly surrounded by people who think that satanic pedophiles rule the world.
My husband's family is from an area of the Bible Belt where there are so many people like this :( and they won't send their children to school because they don't want the kids to learn about evolution, civil rights, etc. Often the parents are barely literate or numerate themselves, and/or they have so many children that the mother just doesn't have time to educate them and the kids are effectively left to get on with it

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Funny how a lot of conspiracy theorists think lockdown and the covid era is to blame for pretty much all of western society's ills. Did they think life pre 2020 was perfect? They must have done considering lockdown and covid jabs get the blame for everything. :D

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Funny how a lot of conspiracy theorists think lockdown and the covid era is to blame for pretty much all of western society's ills. Did they think life pre 2020 was perfect? They must have done considering lockdown and covid jabs get the blame for everything. :D
I think it's reasonable to conclude that the covid lockdiwns and associated fear dud have a lot of negative effects on society, I've seen it in my iwn family and the isolation definitely impacted close family members it's also reasonable to be angry and the UK government fir how they behaved. I don't however feel that they arevremiteky competent enough to plan and inact it all on purpose, yhey just aren't that clever.

Reactions: 3
I think it's reasonable to conclude that the covid lockdiwns and associated fear dud have a lot of negative effects on society, I've seen it in my iwn family and the isolation definitely impacted close family members it's also reasonable to be angry and the UK government fir how they behaved. I don't however feel that they arevremiteky competent enough to plan and inact it all on purpose, yhey just aren't that clever.
I think it's massively overstated, though. And it's not like they say it because they're concerned about society, it's just so they can say: "See, we said we should have never locked down and we were right!"

There are lots of things wrong with society in my opinion, but most of it started long before lockdowns. They say it caused all the economic problems - but have they never heard of the 'credit crunch' as it was called in 2008? It's just too simplistic to pin it all on that.

Also comes back to the whole idea of "they don't want you to have community and family" which is almost always linked to far-right rhetoric about good white Christians being "replaced" by Jews and/or people of colour

Reactions: 7
I think it's massively overstated, though. And it's not like they say it because they're concerned about society, it's just so they can say: "See, we said we should have never locked down and we were right!"

There are lots of things wrong with society in my opinion, but most of it started long before lockdowns. They say it caused all the economic problems - but have they never heard of the 'credit crunch' as it was called in 2008? It's just too simplistic to pin it all on that.
It is massively overstated imo and a very simplistic way of looking at things. Obviously shutting the country down caused issues, but it’s not solely responsible for the current state of the UK economy. Other countries had lockdowns too (which were far more severe and went on for far longer) and their standards of living haven’t fallen nearly as much as it has in the UK.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the tory government must absolutely love these goons. We’re now at the point where quite literally everything they’ve done to mess up the UK just gets blamed on lockdown/jabs.
Oh, the whole economy is fucked and your job pays you an absolute pittance so you have to choose between eating and heating your home? Yeah? That was caused entirely by lockdown. It’s nothing to do with the fact that the tories have spent the past 13 years cutting public services down to the bone, allowing wages to stagnate and doing absolutely nothing to stop businesses exploiting their employees. Oh and definitely nothing to with the economic disaster class known as brexit which they absolutely embarrassed the nation with a few years ago either. That definitely didn’t introduce massive economic uncertainty leading to a huge reduction in business investment in the country, tank sterling exchange rates and cause mass inflation. Oh no no no, please look the other way! Distract yourselves and blame lockdown for that instead 🤪.

Sorry, but it’s ridiculous. All of the problems which get blamed on “lockdown” already existed way before covid did. A global pandemic may have exacerbated things, but the government has been running the standard of living in the UK into the ground for well over a decade now. I don’t get how people can’t see that.

Reactions: 17
It is massively overstated imo and a very simplistic way of looking at things. Obviously shutting the country down caused issues, but it’s not solely responsible for the current state of the UK economy. Other countries had lockdowns too (which were far more severe and went on for far longer) and their standards of living haven’t fallen nearly as much as it has in the UK.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the tory government must absolutely love these goons. We’re now at the point where quite literally everything they’ve done to mess up the UK just gets blamed on lockdown/jabs.
Oh, the whole economy is fucked and your job pays you an absolute pittance so you have to choose between eating and heating your home? Yeah? That was caused entirely by lockdown. It’s nothing to do with the fact that the tories have spent the past 13 years cutting public services down to the bone, allowing wages to stagnate and doing absolutely nothing to stop businesses exploiting their employees. Oh and definitely nothing to with the economic disaster class known as brexit which they absolutely embarrassed the nation with a few years ago either. That definitely didn’t introduce massive economic uncertainty leading to a huge reduction in business investment in the country, tank sterling exchange rates and cause mass inflation. Oh no no no, please look the other way! Distract yourselves and blame lockdown for that instead 🤪.

Sorry, but it’s ridiculous. All of the problems which get blamed on “lockdown” already existed way before covid did. A global pandemic may have exacerbated things, but the government has been running the standard of living in the UK into the ground for well over a decade now. I don’t get how people can’t see that.
Yeah I was going to talk about the Tories but I didn't want to make it too political. However, you can't get away from their failures of the last 13 years. Lockdowns are a cog in a very big wheel, not the whole wheel.

Another thing they bang on about is lockdown causing a lack of speech development in children. Lockdowns did have an effect on child speech development but in some cases I think that showed how many parents clearly don't interact with or speak to their children all that much...

One of my nephews is 5 so was born less than two years before lockdowns and would have been impacted by them. However, he's a bright child and speaks very well. Just the other day I was having a conversation with him about the planets as he'd been learning about them at school. His parents keep his screen time to a minimum and they spend time with him, interacting, reading, playing games, etc. Could that have had an impact? Obviously we can't know for sure, but it likely helped.

I bolded 'some cases' earlier because I recognise it's a complex issue and not a 'one size fits all' scenario.

Reactions: 5

I absolutely love this thread and I’ve been reading it for ages but I thought I’d finally make a contribution!
I’m convinced the people who still blame lockdown for everything had never engaged in politics before then, and probably haven’t since. So their entire political agenda and understanding is based on 12 months. I see it all the time here in wales. They keep shouting about ‘Getting Drakeford out’ (unfortunately he’s retiring, I really like the guy) but fail to acknowledge that we actually had an election here in 2021, where him and his party absolutely stormed it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11

I have issues with the way that the lockdowns were implemented - too little support and way too slow to act- but that doesn’t mean that they weren’t needed. Like you said I can only assume they were living fairly insular privileged lives beforehand if they really think that it caused all of societies ills. Other countries haven’t experience the same level of economic difficulty we had since 2020, perhaps they haven’t just experienced a decade of austerity!

In a similar vein I’ve seen many of them talk about sudden deaths as though they have only just started happening (post vaccine) which is just wrong and they completely dismiss covid as “just a cold” too which I find beyond infuriating.
---

So well said! I couldn’t agree more. Also if they actually listened to the covid inquiry (or paid attention at the time) it’s blindingly obvious that Boris just wanted to let people die and not take any action at all. When they say that it was all some massive orchestrated thing to get us to take vaccines or become subservient I’m thinking the government quite clearly did not want to impose any restrictions whatsoever!

Reactions: 9

Apologies if people have already seen this but it did make me laugh. It’s a sketch showing how silly the idea that Diana, PoW was murdered. ‘Because she’s so popular’ ‘yes, if we kill her everyone will forget about her in a week’.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Apologies if people have already seen this but it did make me laugh. It’s a sketch showing how silly the idea that Diana, PoW was murdered. ‘Because she’s so popular’ ‘yes, if we kill her everyone will forget about her in a week’.
Omg that’s brilliant! The way it ended, haha!

• Haha
Can you believe that Callum Hudson-Odoi, a 23 year old premier league player, has actually had to put out a statement to let people know that he obviously wasn’t noncing people on Epstein Island when he was like 6 years old? The documents have been released now and yet some morons seriously still believe that this list is real 💀
F8FC798A-8023-4C67-8777-F97BC8EE3BE0.png

6481E3A0-9E8D-45F8-82A4-394BD993FAC3.png

• Wow
Can you believe that Callum Hudson-Odoi, a 23 year old premier league player, has actually had to put out a statement to let people know that he obviously wasn’t noncing people on Epstein Island when he was like 6 years old? The documents have been released now and yet some morons seriously still believe that this list is real 💀
View attachment 2669592
View attachment 2669593
It's a mixture of funny and depressing.

Funny because it shows how dense these people are, but depressing because it also shows how common it is for people to do little to no research. It becomes about cancelling/attacking anyone to them - it doesn't matter if they're right or wrong.

Don't they care about libel laws as well? Making incredibly serious allegations about a very wealthy person without any evidence is so stupid.

Reactions: 6
It's a mixture of funny and depressing.

Funny because it shows how dense these people are, but depressing because it also shows how common it is for people to do little to no research. It becomes about cancelling/attacking anyone to them - it doesn't matter if they're right or wrong.

Don't they care about libel laws as well? Making incredibly serious allegations about a very wealthy person without any evidence is so stupid.
It’s mind blowing. Some of the names on there are so stupid, like how do people genuinely believe that Mikel Arteta, Miley Cyrus and Nadine flipping Dorries were on Epstein island? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Someone made an obvious "joke" with a mock screencap from the documents saying Stephen Hawking was there and requested midgets on ladders solving equations or something. It has now been taken as fact that he was involved, when there is no confirmation of that ...

• Haha
So, not sure how many of you have been seeing what the bang average ex-footballer, failed manager, woman/child batterer and all round violent thug Joey Barton has been tweeting lately (spoiler: a lot of misogyny and hatred against female footballers and pundits), but it seems like he’s finally moving into his antivax / CT era 😍😍😍!
67B8C641-7ABD-47BF-8FF3-954E33E02BFD.jpeg

9CF895D4-5DED-4422-8C76-F7613F999B7D.jpeg
Now that he’s well and truly destroyed any chances of any future work as a pundit on any media network, I suppose there’s not much left to do except link-up with Matt Le Tissier and become a shill for the far right 💀. He’ll be selling you CBD gummies before you know it!

• Haha
So, not sure how many of you have been seeing what the bang average ex-footballer, failed manager, woman/child batterer and all round violent thug Joey Barton has been tweeting lately (spoiler: a lot of misogyny and hatred against female footballers and pundits), but it seems like he’s finally moving into his antivax / CT era 😍😍😍!
View attachment 2671725
View attachment 2671727Now that he’s well and truly destroyed any chances of any future work as a pundit on any media network, I suppose there’s not much left to do except link-up with Matt Le Tissier and become a shill for the far right 💀. He’ll be selling you CBD gummies before you know it!
It's amazing how many CT men are highly misogynistic. I'm not tarring them all with the same brush but I've noticed a lot on social media with off putting views on women,

Also, not CT related but if anyone needs a laugh and a break from reality for a while, read the Amazon reviews for sugar-free gummi bears. Wild.

View attachment 2671725
View attachment 2671727Now that he’s well and truly destroyed any chances of any future work as a pundit on any media network, I suppose there’s not much left to do except link-up with Matt Le Tissier and become a shill for the far right 💀. He’ll be selling you CBD gummies before you know it!
So cringe and also incredibly transparent. I have no doubt his misogyny is genuine but the fact he keeps banging that drum despite getting major pushback showed for me that he was also in it for the attention and engagement.

This cringeworthy teaming up with Matt Le Tissier now cements that. No doubt he had a few DMs along the lines of: "Don't let them silence you, mate! Well done on speaking your mind. The establishment is against us brave white men who give our views... They made us take the covid vaccine. Say Joey how about you join me as a mega head and stick it to the man?"

It makes me shudder with second hand embarrassment because it's so obvious. 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 4