Anti-Conspiracy Theories #7 Google told me, so it must be true. Sheeep!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One I vaguely know through work (a well educated, intelligent professional individual who works in a science based industry) thinks vets are all on the make and just peddling drugs for profit. To be fair there may well be some that are but I’ve never felt the one we take our pets to has anything but their best interests at heart and is an advocate of good diet to prevent the need for medical interventions.
BIB: There are people who think the same about doctors and nurses who work for the NHS 🤣 as if they’re not currently striking because they get paid an absolute pittance…
This is totally off topic, but I’ve noticed that a lot of the “raw feeder” crowd tend to get a bit conspiracy theoryish about vets too. Many seem to have this idea that the reason vets don’t want people to give their dogs raw food is so that they can get them hooked on crappy expensive dry food instead (although in the absence of some really specific health condition, do many people even buy dog food from their vet regularly?), rather than the true reason which is that feeding your dog raw food massively increases your chance of getting a nasty bacterial infection.

Reactions: 5
To be fair, I titer test my dogs (test for vaccine antibodies) because yearly vaccines for rabies, etc seems like overkill, no pun intended. The difference is, people aren't getting MMR or other major vaccines each year. And you should be able ask for a titer for yourself (more costly of course unfortunately) if you are unsure if you still have antibodies for any vaccines you've taken previously.

Reactions: 6
I was watching a piece on the news the other day about the MMR vaccine and they interviewed two mothers - one who had got her child vaccinated and one who hadn't.

When it came to the latter, it was like a tweet coming to life on the TV; all the usual lines trotted out about how we don't really know what's in it (I think her words were: "you can't just look up the list of ingredients!") and how she therefore didn't trust it. I bet she takes to Twitter and Facebook with her theories, too.

I think a lot of people still don't realise how dangerous measles can be and that it can't really be treated directly once someone has it; only the symptoms can. We'd eradicated it in this country and now it's seeping back mostly because of anti vaccine/conspiracy theory propaganda.

Reactions: 10
To be fair, I titer test my dogs (test for vaccine antibodies) because yearly vaccines for rabies, etc seems like overkill, no pun intended. The difference is, people aren't getting MMR or other major vaccines each year. And you should be able ask for a titer for yourself (more costly of course unfortunately) if you are unsure if you still have antibodies for any vaccines you've taken previously.
I actually didn’t realize it was every single year you have to get them vaccinated for rabies tbf. That’s a lot. Yeah titer testing is defo something which should be done more imo, my friend recently had a titer test for Hep B antibodies and it came back that she didn’t have them despite being vaccinated. Which was quite scary considering that she’s a nurse!
---
I think her words were: "you can't just look up the list of ingredients!"
Just not even true 😩. You can easily look up the ingredients on the European Medicines Agency website. Then they wonder why they’re not taken seriously…

Reactions: 8
I think a lot of people still don't realise how dangerous measles can be and that it can't really be treated directly once someone has it; only the symptoms can. We'd eradicated it in this country and now it's seeping back mostly because of anti vaccine/conspiracy theory propaganda.
And not only that but measles causes your immune system to crash and basically be erased. So it's like starting from scratch and like any virus or vaccine you've ever had didn't happen. And that is extremely scary.
---
I actually didn’t realize it was every single year you have to get them vaccinated for rabies tbf. That’s a lot. Yeah titer testing is defo something which should be done more imo, my friend recently had a titer test for Hep B antibodies and it came back that she didn’t have them despite being vaccinated. Which was quite scary considering that she’s a nurse!
Sorry I should have been more clear, the rabies vaccine isn't required for dogs in the UK (which seems crazy to me, but 🤷🏼‍♀️). But if you ever need to board your dogs, or travel with them anywhere, there are sometimes requirements for vaccinations and how recent, etc. Above, I was specifically speaking about my experience when I lived in California and needed to board my dogs. I had to either show proof of yearly rabies vaccinations or recent titers that prove they have met the threshold of antibodies.

Last edited:
And not only that but measles causes your immune system to crash and basically be erased. So it's like starting from scratch and like any virus or vaccine you've ever had didn't happen. And that is extremely scary.
---
Sorry I should have been more clear, the rabies vaccine isn't required for dogs in the UK (which seems crazy to me, but 🤷🏼‍♀️). But if you ever need to board your dogs, or travel with them anywhere, there are sometimes requirements for vaccinations and how recent, etc. Above, I was specifically speaking about my experience when I lived in California and needed to board my dogs. I had to either show proof of yearly rabies vaccinations or recent titers that prove they have met the threshold of antibodies.
Ahhh ok, my family and I moved away from the UK a very long time ago so I have no idea about the rules there 😂. I just looked it up out of curiosity for where I live and apparently it’s actually still obligatory to vaccinate them every year in certain areas of the country. Which is weird bc it’s considered to be eradicated here and has been for a while.
---
---
Ahhh ok, my family and I moved away from the UK a very long time ago so I have no idea about the rules there 😂. I just looked it up out of curiosity for where I live and apparently it’s actually still obligatory to vaccinate them every year in certain areas of the country. Which is weird bc it’s considered to be eradicated here and has been for a while.

Last edited:
I was watching a piece on the news the other day about the MMR vaccine and they interviewed two mothers - one who had got her child vaccinated and one who hadn't.

When it came to the latter, it was like a tweet coming to life on the TV; all the usual lines trotted out about how we don't really know what's in it (I think her words were: "you can't just look up the list of ingredients!") and how she therefore didn't trust it. I bet she takes to Twitter and Facebook with her theories, too.

Interestingly a family member just shared a post on Facebook about MMR. Apparently measles is protective against some cancers and therefore everyone should aim to get it (measles party anyone?), mumps can be easily treated with rest and fluids and has no side effects and rubella is very rare and very mild 🧐 A quick Google shows it's categorically untrue, why do people believe this rubbish?!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
One I vaguely know through work (a well educated, intelligent professional individual who works in a science based industry) thinks vets are all on the make and just peddling drugs for profit. To be fair there may well be some that are but I’ve never felt the one we take our pets to has anything but their best interests at heart and is an advocate of good diet to prevent the need for medical interventions.
I remember as a nursing student having a conversation with a parent who was a vet, and she was surprised that almost all of the drugs she used in her job were the same ones we were using to look after her son!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I remember as a nursing student having a conversation with a parent who was a vet, and she was surprised that almost all of the drugs she used in her job were the same ones we were using to look after her son!
An elderly dog of ours had a problem one evening - her back legs suddenly gave way and she couldn't get back up. I rang the vet who said "it sounds like arthritis. Give her paracetamol and bring her down in the morning".

I was so surprised - and a little apprehensive - to give the dog "human medication" but followed her instructions. Sure enough, the dog was soon able to get up and walk around.

(And in case you're wondering, the vet put her on a low dose of steroids and she (the dog) lived to be a very old lady).
---
An elderly dog of ours had a problem one evening - her back legs suddenly gave way and she couldn't get back up. I rang the vet who said "it sounds like arthritis. Give her paracetamol and bring her down in the morning".

I was so surprised - and a little apprehensive - to give the dog "human medication" but followed her instructions. Sure enough, the dog was soon able to get up and walk around.

(And in case you're wondering, the vet put her on a low dose of steroids and she (the dog) lived to be a very old lady).

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I had a dog whose eyes would be red raw in the spring/summer, I gave her a non-drowsy hayfever tablet every morning and she was fine.

• Heart
Not sure if we talked about this at the time, but Neil Oliver used his platform on GB News to advance a conspiracy theory about the covid vaccines being linked to an aggressive form of cancer in children. The claims were baseless and some people complained to Ofcom about his comments.

However, they rejected the complaints with the following:
“In line with freedom of expression, our rules allow broadcasters to cover controversial themes and topics. We recognise that these brief comments were the presenter’s personal view and did not materially mislead the audience, we therefore will not be pursuing this further.”

It seems crazy to me that they could categorically say that it wouldn't mislead the audience, given a parent could potentially have heard that and taken it as fact. It just fuels the increased anti vaccination theme we've been seeing recently - especially around the MMR vaccine.

Though if there's one 'positive' around all this it shows that there isn't some government directive to silence all debate on the vaccines. If there had been, Ofcom would have come down on GB News like a ton of bricks!

Here's a link to a Times article that gives more info. It's an archived version because the original is behind a paywall:

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Though if there's one 'positive' around all this it shows that there isn't some government directive to silence all debate on the vaccines. If there had been, Ofcom would have come down on GB News like a ton of bricks!
Perhaps it's superseded by a 'government directive' to Ofcom not to 'come down' on GB News for anything. They have been found to be in breach of Ofcom rules on plenty of occasions but nothing seems to happen to them and they now have the actual Prime Minister presenting on there.

Perhaps it's superseded by a 'government directive' to Ofcom not to 'come down' on GB News for anything. They have been found to be in breach of Ofcom rules on plenty of occasions but nothing seems to happen to them and they now have the actual Prime Minister presenting on there.
Oh I know and Patrick Christys only seems to interview Tory MPs and agrees with them. Esther McVey and Lee Anderson being two from this week alone. I'm not sure how they get away with it.

Reactions: 4
just been watching a fascinating report about 'biolabs'... whose reporter I initially mistook for Lee Mack :eek: where there's claims that they can't find the results of anything referenced in the reports they found in the basement of a building in Mariupol...

Maybe it's just me (the dangers of boredom plus curiosity!)... I couldn't help but stick the easiy-readable report reference numbers into a web search and immediately with no difficulty found they all relate to documented registered controlled trials primarily relating to pain relief with a particular emphasis on rheumatoid arthritis.

Monoclonal antibody stuff mostly with names ending with '-umab'.
Anyway, loads of papers picked up and pointed at and we are to take these as being as described instead of actually looking at what we are being shown.

Allegations of illegal trials carefully mixed into information about real trials to make it sound like there were countlessless thousands of illegal trials.

Anyway, "RT tours secretive former Ukrainian medical research lab" presumably available on Rumble and it seems various other places too, posted on RT 12/2/24 at 0015

Only a few minutes but to save wasting th time : while there's a real person looking at real boxes of real paper in what might even be (if the sign is real) the correct building, the allegations and conclusions based on this 'discovery' are all bollocks :cool:

• Wow