Anti-Conspiracy Theories #5 We the Sheeple…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I recently read this article about conspiracy theorists who don't believe the Sandy Hook massacre was real. It's quite long, but also quite eye opening about the type of people who believe and spread those kind of conspiracy theories:

I thought this part was interesting:

People who embrace and defend “antisocial” conspiracy theories like Sandy Hook and QAnon often exhibit traits that psychologists call the “Dark Triad”: narcissism, psychopathy, and Machiavellianism, meaning the willingness to manipulate others to gain a certain result. Once isolated, now they bond online, deriving enhanced status and self-esteem as social media rewards them with likes, shares, and more conspiracy content. The survival of these virtual communities depends on their members’ defending these falsehoods, sometimes with confrontation and violence.

Ultimately it seems they live for being proved right and will never change their mind regardless of how much evidence they're presented with.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I recently read this article about conspiracy theorists who don't believe the Sandy Hook massacre was real. It's quite long, but also quite eye opening about the type of people who believe and spread those kind of conspiracy theories:

I thought this part was interesting:

People who embrace and defend “antisocial” conspiracy theories like Sandy Hook and QAnon often exhibit traits that psychologists call the “Dark Triad”: narcissism, psychopathy, and Machiavellianism, meaning the willingness to manipulate others to gain a certain result. Once isolated, now they bond online, deriving enhanced status and self-esteem as social media rewards them with likes, shares, and more conspiracy content. The survival of these virtual communities depends on their members’ defending these falsehoods, sometimes with confrontation and violence.

Ultimately it seems they live for being proved right and will never change their mind regardless of how much evidence they're presented with.
It definitely has to do with feeling superior and getting reinforcement from so many likes. They think they must be right because they got all these likes. A lot of people with these types of personality also couldn’t get validation the usual way when we were all quarantined so they turned to online.

Reactions: 5
It definitely has to do with feeling superior and getting reinforcement from so many likes. They think they must be right because they got all these likes. A lot of people with these types of personality also couldn’t get validation the usual way when we were all quarantined so they turned to online.
Yeah and it's one thing to just have an opinion, but when people like the woman in the article actually contact those who lost children in the massacre with messages like: "Prove to the world you've lost your son", it's pretty obvious they must have a screw loose.

And there's no evidence they'd accept. If the child's coffin was exhumed and you showed them the remains they'd just say it was a fake skeleton. If you showed them Birth and Death Certificates, again they'd say those were faked, etc.

• Sad
I find the 9/11 CTs to be in pretty bad taste. No matter what you think happened it was a massive human tragedy. All those people who died had loved ones who must feel outraged and upset when they see possibly the worst day of their lives being dissected by internet mouth breathers.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yeah and it's one thing to just have an opinion, but when people like the woman in the article actually contact those who lost children in the massacre with messages like: "Prove to the world you've lost your son", it's pretty obvious they must have a screw loose.

And there's no evidence they'd accept. If the child's coffin was exhumed and you showed them the remains they'd just say it was a fake skeleton. If you showed them Birth and Death Certificates, again they'd say those were faked, etc.
It’s sickening, I agree.

Reactions: 1
What I find intriguing / annoying is the assumption by many CT-ists that because I don't believe the nonsense they spout that by definition I must believe that the mainstream media tells me the truth, that the government and big corporations have my best interests at heart etc. I don't believe any of those things but somehow I still have the 'bandwidth' not to believe that Bill Gates is the devil incarnate, the moon landings were faked, Covid was a hoax, chemtrails, 'The Great Reset' and on and on and on. Actually I believe that there are conspiracies involving politics, money and power that shape our lives but they are much more insidious and ingrained than the clumsy fantasies that CT-ists promote. If anything the CT-ists are providing cover for the real conspirators.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
If anything the CT-ists are providing cover for the real conspirators.
There's a school of thought (arguably a conspiracy theory in itself...) that some conspiracy theories are intentionally pushed to cover other things up. The famous example being UFOs¹, where there's actually some amount of evidence of that, iirc.

¹or UAPs, for "Unexplained Aerial Phenomena" as they prefer to call them now.

Reactions: 4
There's a school of thought (arguably a conspiracy theory in itself...) that some conspiracy theories are intentionally pushed to cover other things up.
IIRC this is the job of the 77th brigade, the officially unofficially desginated/denied government mis-dis-information fake false flag gaslighting department, of which we all in this thread are by accident or by design, participatory lawn ornaments.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
What I find intriguing / annoying is the assumption by many CT-ists that because I don't believe the nonsense they spout that by definition I must believe that the mainstream media tells me the truth, that the government and big corporations have my best interests at heart etc. I don't believe any of those things but somehow I still have the 'bandwidth' not to believe that Bill Gates is the devil incarnate, the moon landings were faked, Covid was a hoax, chemtrails, 'The Great Reset' and on and on and on. Actually I believe that there are conspiracies involving politics, money and power that shape our lives but they are much more insidious and ingrained than the clumsy fantasies that CT-ists promote. If anything the CT-ists are providing cover for the real conspirators.
Oh God, this! I had a CT tell me yesterday during a debate about Covid that I had been “taken in by the MSM” because I didn’t believe the bollocks he was spouting, even though I’d actually just been speaking about how I felt the MSM should be held to account for the nation’s MH decline during Covid. If you’re not with them you’re against them.

Reactions: 9
There's a school of thought (arguably a conspiracy theory in itself...) that some conspiracy theories are intentionally pushed to cover other things up. The famous example being UFOs¹, where there's actually some amount of evidence of that, iirc.

¹or UAPs, for "Unexplained Aerial Phenomena" as they prefer to call them now.
Definitely. Area 51 being a prime example. Obviously there are no aliens there, but the US government is happy for people to think there are.

Oh God, this! I had a CT tell me yesterday during a debate about Covid that I had been “taken in by the MSM” because I didn’t believe the bollocks he was spouting, even though I’d actually just been speaking about how I felt the MSM should be held to account for the nation’s MH decline during Covid. If you’re not with them you’re against them.
Definitely. It's like they have a checklist. If you don't tick them all you're the enemy. :D

They're an angry mob, aren't they. I'm open to alien ideas, my husband is right into it. That doesn't mean I believe any old shite I see and frankly what I've been presented with so far is yet to convince me. Some of the stories I hear I think 'wow' then the narrator will say something so obviously untrue it puts me off.

Reactions: 3
If you are looking for the type of conspiracy that I do believe in, this story was published tin the early edition. of The Times and The Mail online but has since disappeared from both ....

If you are looking for the type of conspiracy that I do believe in, this story was published tin the early edition. of The Times and The Mail online but has since disappeared from both ....

As advised by one of the replies there I did a search for "Boris Johnson accused of trying to appoint wife Carrie to £100k taxpayer funded role in 2018" and got no shortage of results so it's not going away :)

Reactions: 2

Here‘s a screenshot from the tweet in case that also disappears.

Its weird that the story vanished though, all the details in it were taken from a book that’s already been published.

AE28DCB5-41E5-4B1F-B4CB-55C1F59DD0B1.jpeg

Its weird that the story vanished though, all the details in it were taken from a book that’s already been published.

View attachment 1354229
Perhaps there was pressure from the book's author/publisher (trying to cling to some notion of being primary source)?

Or (theory time!) a bit of manufacturedintrigue and faked cover-up by means of something intended to only appear in the early edition, to stoke interest in the book - I would love it if the sales figures bore this out!

Last edited:
  • Heart

View attachment 1354229
Ooh, the Powers That Be have covered it up. All books will be destroyed and anyone holding a copy will strangely disappear. Their families will be forcibly injected and made to emigrate to Australia. If you can't see this is true, I'm sorry but you're brainwashed and I just pray the scales fall from your eyes before the Great ReShit.

Just kidding, you know I love you Sidey B.

• Haha
They're an angry mob, aren't they. I'm open to alien ideas, my husband is right into it. That doesn't mean I believe any old shite I see and frankly what I've been presented with so far is yet to convince me. Some of the stories I hear I think 'wow' then the narrator will say something so obviously untrue it puts me off.
Yeah angry mob is right! I'm choosing to distance myself from most of it now as it's toxic, frustrating and pointless. Some are so entrenched in their views that they can't discuss their opinions reasonably.

I think aliens exist in the universe (I find it hard to believe we're the only life) but I don't think they've ever come here. Most UFOs can be explained as optical illusions or experimental aircraft being tested. And I say that as someone who loved The X-Files. :D

• Heart
Ooh, the Powers That Be have covered it up. All books will be destroyed and anyone holding a copy will strangely disappear. Their families will be forcibly injected and made to emigrate to Australia. If you can't see this is true, I'm sorry but you're brainwashed and I just pray the scales fall from your eyes before the Great ReShit.

Just kidding, you know I love you Sidey B.
S’cuse me, we all know “Australia” doesn’t exist…

• Haha
Reactions: 6
S’cuse me, we all know “Australia” doesn’t exist…
But that means the letter to the expose-news editor from an alleged Australian about chemtrails must be fake 🙃
So if the letter is fake then maybe chemtrails are fake too, have they been holograms this whole time :eek: :eek: :eek: the ultimate false flag to make us look up instead of watching where we're going...

• Haha
I always used to think the chemtrails thing was a pisstake to mock conspiracy theories.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.