Anti-Conspiracy Theories #5 We the Sheeple…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always used to think the chemtrails thing was a pisstake to mock conspiracy theories.
I'll admit that's the one CT I've never really looked in to so I don't have an opinion either way on it.
The Illuminati was a pisstake which sucked in millions of people so you could be onto something there!

Reactions: 1
Sorry if this has been mentioned before!

Netflix has a documentary series 'Web of Make Believe: Death, Lies and the Internet' and it has an episode on the murder of Seth Rich, an employee of the Democratic National Committee which naturally led to conspiracy theories. There's a weird bit where the Russian intelligence services capitalised on that to put out fake information too which is interesting given that the conspiracy nuts believe anything blindly (not sure if this happened in this case, but I'd bet that it does) but could be being 'played' by other Governments to cause division and achieve some political aim. Quick edit - it just sort of goes through the whole “life cycle” of this particular conspiracy if anyone is interested in that

There's also some stuff about why people format conspiracies - people naturally look for patterns to explain why things are happening in the world, especially when it's hard to come to terms with those things which is why these conspiracies are often related to such heavy topics

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I've decided to look into chemtrails as I've always wondered what they're about. This is my first stop, although in the interests of balance I will be looking at the other side of the fence, but I'll leave that for tomorrow.
8095A14D-0C16-4A04-982E-B60EFD3E0D60.png

Sorry if this has been mentioned before!

Netflix has a documentary series 'Web of Make Believe: Death, Lies and the Internet' and it has an episode on the murder of Seth Rich, an employee of the Democratic National Committee which naturally led to conspiracy theories. There's a weird bit where the Russian intelligence services capitalised on that to put out fake information too which is interesting given that the conspiracy nuts believe anything blindly (not sure if this happened in this case, but I'd bet that it does) but could be being 'played' by other Governments to cause division and achieve some political aim. Quick edit - it just sort of goes through the whole “life cycle” of this particular conspiracy if anyone is interested in that

There's also some stuff about why people format conspiracies - people naturally look for patterns to explain why things are happening in the world, especially when it's hard to come to terms with those things which is why these conspiracies are often related to such heavy topics
I’ve started to watch that. Still on the episode with the idiots who call swat teams on people they don’t like. I’ll watch that episode as well.

Interesting point about them often relating to heavy topics. I suppose it’s a bit like religion in that regard.

Reactions: 3
Yeah and it's one thing to just have an opinion, but when people like the woman in the article actually contact those who lost children in the massacre with messages like: "Prove to the world you've lost your son", it's pretty obvious they must have a screw loose.

And there's no evidence they'd accept. If the child's coffin was exhumed and you showed them the remains they'd just say it was a fake skeleton. If you showed them Birth and Death Certificates, again they'd say those were faked, etc.
I remember reading an article about sandy hook a few years back where they spoke to a parent of a victim, and they said they never took the Christmas tree down and still have their presents underneath it. They also never changed the kids bedroom. That’s heartbreaking and for some weird neckbeard to try and dissect and dismiss such tragedy is hideous

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I never watch anything with Holly Willougby in, so she's not distracting me. 😂

I remember reading an article about sandy hook a few years back where they spoke to a parent of a victim, and they said they never took the Christmas tree down and still have their presents underneath it. They also never changed the kids bedroom. That’s heartbreaking and for some weird neckbeard to try and dissect and dismiss such tragedy is hideous
It is definitely hideous. But I suppose they're so convinced they're right, they don't think they're causing any upset.

They genuinely think all the Sandy Hook parents are "crisis actors" and the shootings are completely orchestrated to change gun laws.

They don't seem to ever reflect on the fact US gun laws don't seem to change and -- to be honest -- probably never will. They also must never think anyone with guns is insane enough to want to do a mass shooting... which again is very strange in itself.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I always used to think the chemtrails thing was a pisstake to mock conspiracy theories.
Speaking of chemtrails, when I saw my ex at handover of our child for contact time, I mentioned how it was a shame that the nice weather had gone away. His reply to this was that ‘they’ have been ‘spraying’ to make the weather bad at weekends only to make everyone miserable.

🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I am completely stunned that people prefer believe in conspiracy theories about weather control (coz apparently bad weather during the weekend is not a coincidence, no it an orchestrated plan to upset and manipulate people - my gov didn't get the memo - had a splendid and sunny (albeit hot) weekend) than looking at cases of blatant corruption in politics or why the Times retracted an article without any information. There are some infuriating things happening at the moment but no, the big dangers are chemtrails and rainy weekends.

Sometimes I cannot help to think that those crazy conspiracy theories are used to confuse and distract people.

• Heart
Speaking of chemtrails, when I saw my ex at handover of our child for contact time, I mentioned how it was a shame that the nice weather had gone away. His reply to this was that ‘they’ have been ‘spraying’ to make the weather bad at weekends only to make everyone miserable.

🤦🏻‍♀️
Haha. Is he unfamiliar with British weather?!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Haha. Is he unfamiliar with British weather?!
British weather is a psychic phenomenon anyway. When we all want it sunny e.g. on a bank holiday, then it rains. If we are stuck indoors then it's lovely out.

On a smaller scale, it will rain if you forget your umbrella.
It *knows* :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
British weather is a psychic phenomenon anyway. When we all want it sunny e.g. on a bank holiday, then it rains. If we are stuck indoors then it's lovely out.

On a smaller scale, it will rain if you forget your umbrella.
It *knows* :eek:
…and when it’s school pick-up time. It definitely knows!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Looks like another of those MSM hypocrisy memes is doing the rounds, this one of various undated Ukraine related headlines themed in a tasteful blue and yellow.

Would have ignored it but then spotted the Global Times stamp at the bottom right (actual creator tagged on tweet) and went looking...

Of course the western MSM is fickle and inconsistent, I'm just a tad wary of a subsidiary of the people's daily reminding us of that with these interestingly selected highlights.

Reactions: 2

🤦🏻‍♀️
this reminds me that someone in work, completely seriously, asked us all if we thought it was “weird” that the weather was so nice during the first lockdown “like they wanted to keep us happy”.

who is THEY?!

• Haha
this reminds me that someone in work, completely seriously, asked us all if we thought it was “weird” that the weather was so nice during the first lockdown “like they wanted to keep us happy”.

who is THEY?!
The Weather Girls, I believe…

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.