Anti-Conspiracy Theories #5 We the Sheeple…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Keep on with the myth busting dear Tattlers! Thank you to whoever suggested the title, I can’t find your name to give you the credit you deserve so please feel free to identify yourself and bask in the glory 😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Keep on with the myth busting dear Tattlers! Thank you to whoever suggested the title, I can’t find your name to give you the credit you deserve so please feel free to identify yourself and bask in the glory 😂😂
It was me! What an honour…🤩

Conspiracy theorists:

“Don’t believe anything the MSM says, it’s all lies! Wake up sheeple!”

Also conspiracy theorists:

“Read this New York Post article on Hunter Biden”📰
“Watch this Fox News piece on Ukraine”📺
“The Oscars!”🎬

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I think I maybe shared this last year when it was first made, but thought it worth sharing again as the thread begins. It's interactive now!

Thanks for starting a new thread @caroleffinbaskin

It’s interesting to see how many of these are American. I know it’s probably an American site, American politics are generally more followed, and QAnon has had an impact also. But it’s interesting to reflect on the seeming lack of localised conspiracies about British politics or issues

I’m sure there are reasons for that, but you’d think with how independent conspiracy theorists are we wouldn’t just be limited to Meghan Markle’s children being dolls and the royals being lizards

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It’s interesting to see how many of these are American. I know it’s probably an American site, American politics are generally more followed, and QAnon has had an impact also. But it’s interesting to reflect on the seeming lack of localised conspiracies about British politics or issues

I’m sure there are reasons for that, but you’d think with how independent conspiracy theorists are we wouldn’t just be limited to Meghan Markle’s children being dolls and the royals being lizards
Oh yeah, the creator is American (from Boston I think) so there’s a US focus for sure.

I wonder if the internet (and it’s globalised nature) just means that localised conspiracies are just less common? Because the big ones (often from the states) overshadow everything else? Not sure.

Reactions: 4
Me waking up this morning and panicking when I couldn’t find the thread, only to realise a new one had been made.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I have recently heard about another conspiracy theory that I had been unaware of. Which is apparently, that people living in Canada have realised that their snow does not melt when someone puts fire to it, it actually burns instead. 🤔

Since I don’t live in Canada, myself, this is not one that I can test out. I have relatives in Canada but I can’t exactly ask them to - they will think I’m batshit. 🤣

Has anyone heard this one?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I have recently heard about another conspiracy theory that I had been unaware of. Which is apparently, that people living in Canada have realised that their snow does not melt when someone puts fire to it, it actually burns instead. 🤔

Since I don’t live in Canada, myself, this is not one that I can test out. I have relatives in Canada but I can’t exactly ask them to - they will think I’m batshit. 🤣

it was quite the thing for a little while

Reactions: 5

Ha, what? Are they getting mixed up with throwing boiling water and it freezes in mid-air? I've seen that happen. Seriously, a few videos were going around a while ago of people lighting snow with a lighter and it turning black. It's just an effect of using a lighter on it, nothing else. Just like a flame leaving black marks if it's too close to a wall.

Thank you for the clarifications. That makes sense. As we all know, CTs tend to be immune to scientific explanations. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 4
It was me! What an honour…🤩

Conspiracy theorists:

“Don’t believe anything the MSM says, it’s all lies! Wake up sheeple!”

Also conspiracy theorists:

“Read this New York Post article on Hunter Biden”📰
“Watch this Fox News piece on Ukraine”📺
“The Oscars!”🎬
Aww i was just going to comment about this! How can they claim to be "critical thinkers" and use fox news and Daily Mail as sources. Do they not see the irony in that?!
I did actually post something on there earlier on in the week as i couldnt believe what i was reading about drug addiction, and as i have both personal and professional experience of addiction and recovery i was able to get my point across; and although it seemed to go down well (i even got some heart reactions!!!) i noticed the poster i quoted didnt reply to me.... funny that isnt it!!! But what do i know when Taylor Hawkins looked so well!!!! lol. Sorry, im not laughing at his death or addiction issues, only at the idea of someone who claims to be above us all in terms of intelligence and critical thinking skills thinking that because someone looks well then they cant possibly be addicted to anything. The mind boggles :)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Aww i was just going to comment about this! How can they claim to be "critical thinkers" and use fox news and Daily Mail as sources. Do they not see the irony in that?!
I did actually post something on there earlier on in the week as i couldnt believe what i was reading about drug addiction, and as i have both personal and professional experience of addiction and recovery i was able to get my point across; and although it seemed to go down well (i even got some heart reactions!!!) i noticed the poster i quoted didnt reply to me.... funny that isnt it!!! But what do i know when Taylor Hawkins looked so well!!!! lol. Sorry, im not laughing at his death or addiction issues, only at the idea of someone who claims to be above us all in terms of intelligence and critical thinking skills thinking that because someone looks well then they cant possibly be addicted to anything. The mind boggles :)
Taylor Hawkins is old news to CT-ists, it's Will Smith and Bruce Willis for the next couple of days.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I dare say it's a matter of perspective but I don't think I'd describe predictions of the inevitable as overly specially insightful or 'calling it'.

Of course this might be the Muldela ;) effect but I seem to recall significant inflation was flagged as almost inevitable about three minutes after interest rates plummeted and then confirmed as definitely inevitable when it became clear they weren't going back up any time soon.
Massive pandemic borrowing increased the inevitability by no small margin and unsurprisingly shortened the timescale. The question there is whether the failure to adequately mitigate the damage is by accident or by design, which is further de-clarified by the 'monetary ambulance chasers' who don't need to plan anything, just wait for the inevitable and profit from everyone's misery.

Cynical pessimism seems to get claimed as some kind of exclusive skill when it's available to us all - though I do think the creators of the various title sequences for Have I Got News For You deserve more credit, not just for the bit with Putin turning off the gas.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
The clickable links thing is interesting. I hadn't even heard of half of these and now I feel ... weird

I saw something going around earlier about a "fact checking" site demonstrating that an alleged tweet by Klaus Schwab (sp?) claiming that home ownership was immoral is fake. I think of all CT the "Great Reset" is my least fave but it does kind of astound me how people have taken and run with that one

The clickable links thing is interesting. I hadn't even heard of half of these and now I feel ... weird

I saw something going around earlier about a "fact checking" site demonstrating that an alleged tweet by Klaus Schwab (sp?) claiming that home ownership was immoral is fake. I think of all CT the "Great Reset" is my least fave but it does kind of astound me how people have taken and run with that one
Fact checkers are not to be believed apparently because they are funded by Pfizer. 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Oh gawd ... of course they are! That must be why they denied that Pfizer funded the Oscars to promote alopecia drugs. Isn't that what someone in Pfizer's back pocket would say?
🤣 They’re saying the slap was staged to push the company’s alopecia drug.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.