Anti Conspiracy Theories #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rogan needs an audience so he always comes out with 'controversial' stuff.
Controversial stuff that can potentially misinform however many people tune in to listen/watch him. I am glad that some of the guests he’s had on his show have corrected him when he has been wrong.

Reactions: 5
Reactions: 9
It seems a lot of CTs don’t believe in climate change. I can’t think why they’d see it as a CT, though.

For argument’s sake let’s say climate change doesn’t exist, why would cutting carbon emissions be a bad thing? What would governments have to gain from it?

Reactions: 8
It seems a lot of CTs don’t believe in climate change. I can’t think why they’d see it as a CT, though.

For argument’s sake let’s say climate change doesn’t exist, why would cutting carbon emissions be a bad thing? What would governments have to gain from it?
That's an intersecting way to look at it, it's a very expensive way to keep us under control. If that's the agenda!

Reactions: 3

@MaineCoonMama is right, apparently it's all about controlling us. Some like to say it's the Chinese that are pushing the climate change agenda lol. Denialism becomes more and more difficult with the increase of uncontrolled weather events. So for some, the new approach is to say we can juste mitigate the impact of climate change. It will be even more expensive than taking the appropriate steps to decrease our carbon footprint but at last, "the american way of life" will be saved. So to prevent the costs of the green transition, we need to splurge even more money. Does that make sense? I let you appreciate it.

• Heart

As usual there are a wide variety of claims about the strategy behind the climate change 'hoax'. Some claim that it's a way for scientists to obtain more funding or simply to boost their careers. Then there is the allegation that it's perpetrated by 'anti-industrialist' environmental fanatics although others say it is actually intended to create a renewable energy industry or promote nuclear power. Then we have the political angle, the inevitable 'world government' bent on controlling people, radical liberal extremists undermining local sovereignty or a literal conspiracy by countries such as China, Japan and India to undermine 'the west' i.e. the USA.

Many CTs also claim that the govt are controlling the weather hence the reasoning for bizarre or different weather and temperatures

• Haha
As usual there are a wide variety of claims about the strategy behind the climate change 'hoax'. Some claim that it's a way for scientists to obtain more funding or simply to boost their careers. Then there is the allegation that it's perpetrated by 'anti-industrialist' environmental fanatics although others say it is actually intended to create a renewable energy industry or promote nuclear power. Then we have the political angle, the inevitable 'world government' bent on controlling people, radical liberal extremists undermining local sovereignty or a literal conspiracy by countries such as China, Japan and India to undermine 'the west' i.e. the USA.
All good points.

I do wonder if some of it is sheer laziness, too - i.e. if I believe climate change is fake, then I don't need to bother myself with trying to be more environmentally conscious.

I just finished an Environment Management qualification and our tutor started out in the 1980s by doing Environmental Health degree and moving from being an enforcement officer to working as a consultant and finally a tutor and he said when he first started teaching 15 years ago he’d ask people if they believed in climate change and he said it was generally like 50/50 60/40 for believing. He said to us ‘I’m not even going to ask you, because it is happening and if you can’t see that then honestly just leave my course now’

It’s actually such simple science when you look at it, yes the world has gone through very cyclical climate patterns for millennium however it’s only since the Industrial Age that we’ve really started to plough through our carbon reserves at a rate the earth could never expect. All carbon that exists has always existed…so you plant a tree and that takes 2-5 years to reach maturity and if you cut that tree down and burn it for fuel the energy it produces is the carbon it absorbed from our atmosphere. So you’re just putting back into the air what was there 5 years ago. Not a big deal.

Fossils fuels are hundred of millions of years old, it’s rotted, decaying prehistoric material that last saw earth hundreds of millions of years ago. We burn that and release it into our atmosphere now we cause a massive in balance. One that would never have existed in nature. Humans have already and will continue to destroy this world, one day we will be seen (if there would be anyone around to see) as less of an event than the dinosaurs were and that makes me feel quite ill.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Uri Geller, now there's a blast from the past.

Forgive me for not heeding the warnings of a man who pretends he can bend a spoon with his mind.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The author Johnny Mains wrote a short story where a sentient spoon kills Uri in revenge for him bending his parents out of shape. Now he's got aliens after him too? Oh dear :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
View attachment 1023890
I screenshot his excited tweet. Bless.
View attachment 1023893
This is actually a really interesting object, and a fantastic discovery. It's local (relatively speaking) and it's thought to be a specific type of neutron star, something which has been theorised but never directly observed, so astronomers are quite excited. It's behaviour doesn't fit the expected characteristics though, so it is rather intriguing.

I can guarantee that not a single astronomer is expecting hoardes of maurading aliens to arrive from there any time soon though. Sorry Uri! 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.