Anti Conspiracy Theories #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you for the new thread!

Interestingly, the person who started the Birds aren’t real thing has finally admitted that it’s a hoax. I’ve been thinking / hoping that it was performance art, or a thought experiment on fake news, for ages, so I’m glad to be proven right but it doesn’t remove the fact that astonishingly, people fell for it.
Loads on the topic including an interesting profile of the creator on NYT

Reactions: 8
Thank you for the new thread!

Interestingly, the person who started the Birds aren’t real thing has finally admitted that it’s a hoax. I’ve been thinking / hoping that it was performance art, or a thought experiment on fake news, for ages, so I’m glad to be proven right but it doesn’t remove the fact that astonishingly, people fell for it.
Loads on the topic including an interesting profile of the creator on NYT
I cannot comprehend how people can actually fall for this. 😳 What even made them think that birds are not real. Madness.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
i am ‘friends’ with a couple (I’ve known them for years but we aren’t really friends, we’ve just got lots of friends in common) who’ve really gone off the deep end during covid. Massive antivaxxers, sometimes they don’t think it exists, sometimes it’s a cold, they’re all over the shop. Anyway, a mutual friend was telling me the other day, the man is now on one about nazis living under Antarctica (he’s a big flat earther too) and the woman is genuinely convinced she’s an alien. Got to admit, I’d never heard the Nazis under Antarctica one before.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
My little Robin friend is very real. I hope 👀 is he supposed to be some sort of spy?
Did enjoy Australia being under a dome though, feck knows how I flew there 😂
Enjoying the covid variants being named after islands really plays with the conspiracy theorists minds.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I have a hard time believing anyone really thinks the Earth is flat. I know some will by the law of probablities, but surely even most who say they believe that are actually joking/trolling?

Reactions: 7
i am ‘friends’ with a couple (I’ve known them for years but we aren’t really friends, we’ve just got lots of friends in common) who’ve really gone off the deep end during covid. Massive antivaxxers, sometimes they don’t think it exists, sometimes it’s a cold, they’re all over the shop. Anyway, a mutual friend was telling me the other day, the man is now on one about nazis living under Antarctica (he’s a big flat earther too) and the woman is genuinely convinced she’s an alien. Got to admit, I’d never heard the Nazis under Antarctica one before.
I didn’t think I would be more shocked than the ‘birds are fake’ but holy guacemole… Nazis living under Antarctica? 😮

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Oh and ref the conversation that was happening at the end of the last thread, part of me feels like keeping away from the vaccine 'bullies', as it's getting increasingly tiresome, but I also feel I should stay involved to add some balance.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I have a hard time believing anyone really thinks the Earth is flat. I know some will by the law of probablities, but surely even most who say they believe that are actually joking/trolling?
One of our big players in politics believes this, its linked to creationism and dinosaurs I believe.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
My little Robin friend is very real. I hope 👀 is he supposed to be some sort of spy?
Did enjoy Australia being under a dome though, feck knows how I flew there 😂
Enjoying the covid variants being named after islands really plays with the conspiracy theorists minds.
He’s probably a 5G robot watching you and reporting back to the Nazis living under Antarctica. The one that gets me is the anagram of Delta Omicron being ‘media control’…plenty more anagrams such as ‘a condom litre’ 🤭🤣

This is a really good watch - Flat Earthers VS Scientists.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
He’s probably a 5G robot watching you and reporting back to the Nazis living under Antarctica. The one that gets me is the anagram of Delta Omicron being ‘media control’…plenty more anagrams such as ‘a condom litre’ 🤭🤣
Must admit that anagram got me but the subsequent memes sorted me out. Please don't say this about my Robin, I'll ignore his shouts every morning now 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
There are actual Nazis all over the world. No need to bother antartica 😅
im really intrigued by it! Like are the nazis frozen there? Or are they all very old men? Do they just trawl Facebook and invite nazis to join them in Antarctica? I have so many questions!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Must admit that anagram got me but the subsequent memes sorted me out. Please don't say this about my Robin, I'll ignore his shouts every morning now 😂
His shouts are the 5G morse codes reporting back to base. 🤣

If your Robin rests on power lines, he’s charging!

Hello twin! I think you're the evil one 😂
You both have the same profile pic. 😳 I thought you were one user but you are two different users. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6

This is a really good watch - Flat Earthers VS Scientists.

Thanks, just finished it. I found it interesting, but also annoying. Especially when all the flat earthers called the scientists uneducated!

Reactions: 3
Thanks, just finished it. I found it interesting, but also annoying. Especially when all the flat earthers called the scientists uneducated!
You’re welcome. It is really interesting to see the two sides discussing this. That part annoyed me - scientists spent years studying and they are the uneducated ones?! I am sure the Facebook graduates are much more knowledgeable. 🥴

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.