Anti Conspiracy Theories #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Or that those people are also making good money from this anti-vax crowd. David Icke, who would have been seen as a joke by many (as mentioned above), is probably making a fortune from whatever the hell he is doing. Looks like he has a 'news website' and does some shows, I also imagine he's selling silly things on the side too?

The majority of these other conspiracy theory figure heads probably wouldn't have been looked at by the majority of people either. I'd guess there's a good chance the majority of current people weren't even aware who these people are before COVID happened. Yet all of this has put their name on the map for the conspiracy crowd, or straight up expanded their audience which they may be able to keep by spouting whatever next conspiracy comes along

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they're making a lot more than the majority of scientists publishing work on COVID tbh
Yes, it’s ironic tbh. The anti vax people complain that everyone views them all the same way but the the fact is that all of their opinions and views consist of identical sound bites which many of them all repeat over and over. Why are they so mistrustful of science, yet they are perfectly happy to hand over money to pay for cures and treatments that come from dubious and unproven sources? 🧐

Reactions: 9
Years ago when I first moved to Glastonbury I had a job doing admin for an ‘educational’ organisation that put on talks and events about various woo-woo topics. David Icke was one of our clients, he was an absolute nightmare to deal with, and was also very letchy and gropey with any female staff he came in contact with.
In fact, that was a recurring theme with a lot of the speakers we had, the more ‘spiritual’ they reckoned they were, the more of a horrible old pervert they turned out to be.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Years ago when I first moved to Glastonbury I had a job doing admin for an ‘educational’ organisation that put on talks and events about various woo-woo topics. David Icke was one of our clients, he was an absolute nightmare to deal with, and was also very letchy and gropey with any female staff he came in contact with.
In fact, that was a recurring theme with a lot of the speakers we had, the more ‘spiritual’ they reckoned they were, the more of a horrible old pervert they turned out to be.
Omg. What a hypocrite he is?

Oh Glastonbury. I know someone who went to some kind of ‘conference’ there. He spent over £400 going to this nonsensical thing which in my view, is likely to have been a scam. One instruction was that he was supposed to turn up wearing all white. On his return, he became convinced that evil spirits were strangling him(!) Glastonbury certainly is a strange place for these kinds of events.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
To be fair there was a video from a London protest last year, and his son Gareth was over familiar with a woman who was trying to interview him and I got really bad vibes from him. I can quite believe his father is the same. I did wonder if it was learnt behaviour.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
To be fair there was a video from a London protest last year, and his son Gareth was over familiar with a woman who was trying to interview him and I got really bad vibes from him. I can quite believe his father is the same. I did wonder if it was learnt behaviour.
I’m quite shocked because they don’t come across that way online but I guess that means absolutely nothing! It’s even more concerning when you consider how outspoken they’ve been about people like Jimmy Savile.

Reactions: 3
I just add it wasn’t sexual so much as over familiar for a man to do to a woman who Is a stranger if that makes sense. Gareth is married with children and it definitely seemed he would cheat if given the chance based upon the body language he was giving off.

My ex partner got into the Flat Earth stuff from Youtube. He started off by watching ‘relatively’ innocuous stuff about ancient aliens and UFO’s but the unfortunate way the YouTube algorithm recommends stuff sent him right down the rabbit hole.
At one time he was phoning me up regularly ranting at me about stuff and how I should start preparing for ‘what’s going to happen’. Our sons just regard him with a mixture of embarrassment, hilarity and bafflement.
I’ve had similar from my daughter’s father. The moon was falling out of the sky, apparently. He sends me looooong emails that I don’t want to read. He only tells me because nobody else will listen to him and he’s become completely isolated.

The newest one with reference to Covid is that Obama designed the Covid virus together with the Chinese government. When Trump got into power, the funding was cut apparently(!)

It baffles me that people can’t even see that this stuff is rooted in racism.

• Sad
The last time my ex came round he started telling us about how the Sphinx monument has a little chamber behind it’s ear that acts as a portal to another universe.
At one point he kept telling me that I was an alien because ‘you don’t express human emotions’ and I’m ‘too rational’. I’ve got Aspergers, and I have got a bit of a blank and expressionless face, but no, apparently it’s because I’m ‘one of them’.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I’ve had similar from my daughter’s father. The moon was falling out of the sky, apparently. He sends me looooong emails that I don’t want to read. He only tells me because nobody else will listen to him and he’s become completely isolated.

The newest one with reference to Covid is that Obama designed the Covid virus together with the Chinese government. When Trump got into power, the funding was cut apparently(!)

It baffles me that people can’t even see that this stuff is rooted in racism.
I’m not sure people realise the racist links at the start. By the time they’re hooked in they either go with it because they’re a bit of a racist anyway, or have to dig deep to recover who they really are.

The last time my ex came round he started telling us about how the Sphinx monument has a little chamber behind it’s ear that acts as a portal to another universe.
At one point he kept telling me that I was an alien because ‘you don’t express human emotions’ and I’m ‘too rational’. I’ve got Aspergers, and I have got a bit of a blank and expressionless face, but no, apparently it’s because I’m ‘one of them’.
Someone’s been watching ancient aliens…

Reactions: 5
Well, at first he said that he didn’t believe Covid exists. Then he caught it so he had to come up with some other story. So he’s gone with the ‘Obama cooked it up in a lab’ theory 🙄 which no doubt was an idea conceived by some gun toting, right winger in the US who took part in the insurrection.

• Sad
I can't stand people like Aussie 'WAG' Taylor Winterstein. She's rabidly anti-vax, supposedly concerned re: children's health but will happily take people's money for her 'workshops' and sells purple rice which is some kind of panacea for ridiculous amounts of money. To me she doesn't give a duck about anything but lining her own pockets and getting her stupid head on social media.
I don't need to tell you she has not one medical qualification.
With these melts I bet if their kid was ill they’d be right up a&e, trusting in modern medicine

Drink urine to treat Covid-19.

If it wasn’t sad I’d find it funny

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
@wordzalad it doesn’t let me quote you. It’s worrying that they think they’re onto something and spreading mis information. 🤯 Sadly, there are people who will buy into all of this and so much more. 🙁

• Haha
Yep, the vulnerable are taken in all too easily by this kind of thing. I worry for them.

• Haha
Drink urine to treat Covid-19.

Whose going to be brave enough to go over to the Conspiracy / Covid threads and ask them what it tastes like? There must be at least one or two over there prepared to give it a go.

• Haha
  • Sick
Whose going to be brave enough to go over to the Conspiracy / Covid threads and ask them what it tastes like? There must be at least one or two over there prepared to give it a go.
It's been touted as a special cure/treatment for years, probably centuries. The great thing for the proponents is that there's no pesky ingredients to source, no questions about what's in it because the user knows where it came from as they made it themselves.
I have heard comment about the taste but that was from someone who had filtered it through dirt in a sock and the remark was not 'compliments to the chef' and there was a definite impression of it being extreme necessity only though as he didn't have a stick of celery in it I don't think this was a valid judgement.

I think there will have been a lot of people out there over the years who will know the answer, I dare say the responses will vary greatly between those using it medicinally, and those who are... 'sports aficionados' 😲

• Haha
It’s very popular just up the road from me (Glastonbury town), all the conspiraloons have been at it for as long as I’ve lived in this area. There’s this one woman who’s been drinking it for years, she also used to reckon she used menstrual blood in cooking and gave herself enemas with ‘aged’ urine. Currently, she’s supposedly in a relationship with Piers Corbyn - which explains a lot, really.

• Sick
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.