Anti Conspiracy Theories #2 when a YouTube video just won’t do!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have to strongly disagree with you regarding the masks.

Some of you will have seen some of my posts in the CT thread and will therefore know I'm not a conspiracy theorist.

I am an NHS worker who is being forced to wear a mask for hours on end while trying to do my job.
This has led to low morale amongst staff, skin problems, teeth and gum problems, throat problems and every night a lot of us feel sick as a dog because of the masks.
I keep hearing the argument "well surgeons have always worn a mask for long periods of time while doing surgery" and yes they have...in a lovely air conditioned theatre while standing still to concentrate.
However most of us NHS workers work in old hot and humid hospitals doing very physical work which is a very different experience altogether.
The mask wearing has now become so bad I will be handing in my notice if there is no end in sight to it soon as I can't continue suffering like this day in and day out at work.

I also hate the idea of children growing up only seeing half a face of people who are out and about.

It is time to get rid of the bloody things in my opinion.
That's a good point actually and one I hadn't taken into consideration - it is very easy for me to say about mask wearing when I don't work in a hospital setting.

In future I do think though if people are unwell it would be good if they wore a mask - especially in A&E etc, or if they want to wear a mask when out and about. I hope some people do continue on with that

I dont think it would be mandatory in the way it has been forever especially with how it's affecting some people as you've mentioned, just a bit more normalised to wear one should you want/if you're poorly!

Point definitely taken on board though!

Reactions: 6
That's a good point actually and one I hadn't taken into consideration - it is very easy for me to say about mask wearing when I don't work in a hospital setting.

In future I do think though if people are unwell it would be good if they wore a mask - especially in A&E etc, or if they want to wear a mask when out and about. I hope some people do continue on with that

I dont think it would be mandatory in the way it has been forever especially with how it's affecting some people as you've mentioned, just a bit more normalised to wear one should you want/if you're poorly!

Point definitely taken on board though!

I agree with you about being poorly.
I don't see it as a bad thing to wear a mask if poorly but it shouldn't be mandatory.

Honestly though I really can't wait for the day I'm free of them.

Reactions: 8
I don't see it as a bad thing to wear a mask if poorly but it shouldn't be mandatory.

I agree. If you’re poorly and visiting a doctors surgery then you should wear one, personal choice not mandated. You shouldn’t have to wear one to go to a doctors surgery for a pill check, depression review, In grown toenail etc.

Reactions: 3

It should definitely be personal choice.

I think my hopes for post pandemic attitudes, is essentially more respect for being unwell and people taking spreading illness a bit more seriously. Like wearing a mask if your sneezing and coughing and out in public, not visiting your elderly granny while your very unwell with the flu etc. None of this mandated obviously but it would be good if people were a bit more sensible but I'm skeptical.

Reactions: 12
It should definitely be personal choice.

I think my hopes for post pandemic attitudes, is essentially more respect for being unwell and people taking spreading illness a bit more seriously. Like wearing a mask if your sneezing and coughing and out in public, not visiting your elderly granny while your very unwell with the flu etc. None of this mandated obviously but it would be good if people were a bit more sensible but I'm skeptical.
Agree with your last point. I have a feeling it will be pretty much all or nothing with the masks.

Reactions: 1
dancing nurses.jpg
I think this picture that appeared on the CT thread earlier is just horrible. And shows a complete lack of understanding for what's going on in the world just now as well as a disgusting lack of respect for countless families.

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
100% the nurses and doctors don't care or have empathy for the fact that families cannot see their dying relatives :rolleyes:

It's a bit shocking to think the amount of conversations we've had as a society about NHS nurses and doctors - their hard work, working conditions, pay. And then a part of the community believes that the virus is fake and that these people are helping the government to cover it up. Realistically, they don't even have to say it because the implication is there no matter which way you look at it.

Reactions: 7
View attachment 569840I think this picture that appeared on the CT thread earlier is just horrible. And shows a complete lack of understanding for what's going on in the world just now as well as a disgusting lack of respect for countless families.
Jesus bleeping Christ whoever created that is so so far from the truth. All the medical staff I know have spent the last year burnt out, terrified, exhausted and heart broken. They have shown the most compassion for grieving families and they have held up iPads and held the hands of people who are never going to recover so that they don’t have to die alone, without hearing their family’s voices.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
my opinion is,
when people realise what they believe (and invest so much time into) is being discredited, and they struggle to admit some things might actually be lies,
they get angry and turn hostile.
not talking about any threads or people just something I see on social media in general, once they get upset they lash out and try to cut deep, the best way to do that is to try and hurt the people they’re “arguing“ with.

none of this should be an argument,
discussion I LOVE. Tit for tat comments for reactions, emojis for reactions, digs at people for no reason, it’s is childish, I’ve dipped out and stopped reading it all 😆

Reactions: 9
That picture is bleeping disgusting but even more so as it is well known that a poster on here lost their dad.

my brother is a paramedic and at the start of the pandemic (yes PAN not SCAM you bleeping imbeciles) he was separated from his family for 4 whole months as he had to stay in a hotel so he didn’t endanger them. He came back to a hotel room after long hard shifts - putting his own health at risk - to a microwave meal and a quick FaceTime call to family, before starting again.Many people have made so many sacrifices for the greater good and some people won’t even wear a bleeping mask for 20 mins in Tesco.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Jesus bleeping Christ whoever created that is so so far from the truth. All the medical staff I know have spent the last year burnt out, terrified, exhausted and heart broken. They have shown the most compassion for grieving families and they have held up iPads and held the hands of people who are never going to recover so that they don’t have to die alone, without hearing their family’s voices.

It's all fun and games for the nutter CT crowd till covid takes someone they love.

That picture is bleeping disgusting but even more so as it is well known that a poster on here lost their dad.

my brother is a paramedic and at the start of the pandemic (yes PAN not SCAM you bleeping imbeciles) he was separated from his family for 4 whole months as he had to stay in a hotel so he didn’t endanger them. He came back to a hotel room after long hard shifts - putting his own health at risk - to a microwave meal and a quick FaceTime call to family, before starting again.Many people have made so many sacrifices for the greater good and some people won’t even wear a bleeping mask for 20 mins in Tesco.
The negative remarks about the NHS/ care staff 'singing and dancing' are sickening. What the hell are they supposed to do for light relief in the middle of Hell? It's a perfectly human and positive thing to do when there is so much tragedy all around you. Morale needs to be kept up. My mum's in a care home and I can't describe how much the staff and residents have gone through across the last 15 months. It's been truly horrific. Personally, I welcome the staff, despite doing exhausting 12 hour shifts in PPE, doing anything they can to lighten the atmosphere, for their own well-being and that of the residents. The residents were for so long deprived of visual/ physical contact with their families and all of the usual entertainment that comes into the home. It's been heartbreaking. Not only have the staff had to do their jobs, they've had to take on board the distress and confusion of residents AND their families, not to mention keeping themselves safe and get their heads around multiple new rules and procedures. For crap pay.

The care home management and staff are burned out and exhausted. With Covid, the death rate accelerated ridiculously (it's a small home and a third of the residents passed away with Covid- in excess of the usual death rate). Many of the staff have been off sick with it themselves, some with long Covid symptoms still.

I am forever grateful for those who have put their own lives on hold to help protect my loved one. It was horrendous not being able to visit my mum for months on end (despite living only 5 mins away and technically 'on the same street'), especially when she caught Covid and was very sick indeed but I knew she was being loved and looked after. I can only imagine this situation has been replayed across hundreds (thousands, including care homes) of hospitals in the UK alone. These staff have been at the mercy of governing bodies and their whims. The restrictions are not their fault and if they ARE 'sheep', then what a bloody (for the most part) fantastic flock.

So easy to sit on the sidelines, all superior-like, with 'superior' knowledge and witch without getting down and dirty, isn't it?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
@dorydaryl You've summed up my thoughts to the letter. There's always going to be 'that' person/people with a lack of awareness until
something unfortunate happens to them. Very sad. My old dad is currently in hospital after having a stroke last week, I can't visit him due to travel restrictions but the email updates and photos show me he's getting the best possible care. (Not NHS, I'm in Australia).
I have nothing but respect and admiration for anyone working in healthcare, putting up with hole patients, the body fluids and sheer number of working hours and dedication.

That 'cartoon' is tasteless and disrespectful, to say the least.

• Heart
Like a few other posters have said, I used to enjoy CT. Things like Avril Lavigne being replaced by a doppelgänger, alien cover ups, Elvis working in a chippy etc. Anti-vax was more of a movement in the US and it was just hysterical weirdos who bought into it.

But the wilful spreading of misinformation around covid and vaccines is taking CT too far. It’s really upsetting to know that people actually buy into that crap and worse some of them will convince other people of their batshit conspiracies which is so dangerous.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Like a few other posters have said, I used to enjoy CT. Things like Avril Lavigne being replaced by a doppelgänger, alien cover ups, Elvis working in a chippy etc. Anti-vax was more of a movement in the US and it was just hysterical weirdos who bought into it.

But the wilful spreading of misinformation around covid and vaccines is taking CT too far. It’s really upsetting to know that people actually buy into that crap and worse some of them will convince other people of their batshit conspiracies which is so dangerous.
It's reckoned that 10% of the adult population in the UK are anti-vax? The power of the internet and social media.

• Sad
  • Wow
Ive not been on this thread before. I do post on the CT Thread. I notice we hardly mention the Anti CT thread but most posts on here refer to the CT thread. Can you be more helpful please and debunk the CT theories by finding out important correct information instead of just criticising people or posts on the CT thread. Id like to know your genuine information please. TIA
Exactly 👏👏👏

Agree with the McCann parents hidibg something. Their stories kept changing which is a big red flag for me.

My favourite conspiracy theory is the faked moon landing. I will admit to being convinced it didn't happen for a good few years.
I’m still on the didn’t happen train

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Ive not been on this thread before. I do post on the CT Thread. I notice we hardly mention the Anti CT thread but most posts on here refer to the CT thread. Can you be more helpful please and debunk the CT theories by finding out important correct information instead of just criticising people or posts on the CT thread. Id like to know your genuine information please. TIA
I posted this offer in response to Samantha's but strangely she doesn't seem to have been back to the thread.

Nearly all my posts on this thread are intended to debunk conspiracy theories. However there are plenty out there so please say if you have a particular one in mind that you would like addressed.
Have you got any particular conspiracy theories in mind that you'd like to see debunked?

Reactions: 2
I posted this offer in response to Samantha's but strangely she doesn't seem to have been back to the thread.

Have you got any particular conspiracy theories in mind that you'd like to see debunked?
Me no, I believe what I want to, really don’t mind if others agree or disagree,I’m not wanting anyone else to agree with my beliefs I don’t call people names or try to change their point of view everyone looks at thing differently it’s makes us individuals. I may make a statement like I’m not having the vaccine but really that’s my prerogative at the moment, I have my reasons as do anyone who is having it has their reasons I wouldn’t question them,why would I as long as they don’t feel that they are being forced to do something they don’t want to everything is good.

Reactions: 2
my opinion is,
when people realise what they believe (and invest so much time into) is being discredited, and they struggle to admit some things might actually be lies,
they get angry and turn hostile.
not talking about any threads or people just something I see on social media in general, once they get upset they lash out and try to cut deep, the best way to do that is to try and hurt the people they’re “arguing“ with.

none of this should be an argument,
discussion I LOVE. Tit for tat comments for reactions, emojis for reactions, digs at people for no reason, it’s is childish, I’ve dipped out and stopped reading it all 😆
Normalise changing your opinion on something when you learn new information! So many people have a 'I will die on this hill' attitude about everything when really that should only be used for your morals and values (but that's just my opinion ;))

Normalise changing your opinion on something when you learn new information! So many people have a 'I will die on this hill' attitude about everything when really that should only be used for your morals and values (but that's just my opinion ;))
It’s also the pile on from the “community” if one of their own is challenged,
Ok that person might have posted inaccurate information, ok we all know it was inaccurate, but we’re a team, so we’ll follow our “friends” around and defend them at every opportunity, truths are irrelevant.
That just confirms the theory the CT communities allow you to feel like you’re part of something, you’re in this special little group of elite members and you will fight for them until the death no matter who’s right or wrong.

It’s fascinating!!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.