Anti Conspiracy Theories #2 when a YouTube video just won’t do!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like to think that whatever end of the debate we are all on, we all have basic human decency, but anyone who posts a comment like the below is utterly disgusting. Who verbalises that kind of thought process when so many are bereaved?? No shame at all. To think I lost my lovely dad so young when people are spewing arrogant crap like that.

“I've never worn a mask or had the jab, so if I'm responsible for culling a few I apologise unreservedly”
This is absolutely disgusting. 😲 I’ve seen your posts before regarding your loss and again I really am so sorry for what you have been through. ☹ It saddens me that such comments are verbalised, let alone thought of. I have no words other than - despair.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
This is absolutely disgusting. 😲 I’ve seen your posts before regarding your loss and again I really am so sorry for what you have been through. ☹ It saddens me that such comments are verbalised, let alone thought of. I have no words other than - despair.
Thank you. I think what really saddens me is that no one even calls out those type of comments. It’s a horrible discourse and has a huge impact on those of us who have lost a big part of our family and have never been able to grieve properly. Surely regardless of views on politics/control/vaccinations, empathy should be universal.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Thank you. I think what really saddens me is that no one even calls out those type of comments. It’s a horrible discourse and has a huge impact on those of us who have lost a big part of our family and have never been able to grieve properly. Surely regardless of views on politics/control/vaccinations, empathy should be universal.
It always surprises me that many of these self-proclaimed “empaths“ never step in when someone is spewing bile of the like you mention and only ever “empathise” with posters who hold the same views.

Reactions: 7
I saw that post and couldn't believe it. I hope they are staying indoors if that's their attitude but I know they wont be. I just bit my tongue. Another batshit post referred to people "catching covid". Yes because its all a hoax isn't it you nutters?

Reactions: 2
It always surprises me that many of these self-proclaimed “empaths“ never step in when someone is spewing bile of the like you mention and only ever “empathise” with posters who hold the same views.
That’s a really good point and so very true, I could never scroll past a comment like that.

I saw that post and couldn't believe it. I hope they are staying indoors if that's their attitude but I know they wont be. I just bit my tongue. Another batshit post referred to people "catching covid". Yes because its all a hoax isn't it you nutters?
The thing is I actually like the odd conspiracy, but I’m of the very tame and harmless variety, give me some UFO’s and Bigfoot. The direct Covid stuff I find really offensive. I’d love to have seen any one of them pulling a shift in our ICU circa April 2020, I’m sure they’d have been no problems though given Covid doesn’t exist!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Yeah there's a few people in that thread that could have done with a tour of a covid ward at Xmas.

Reactions: 4
if you read the rest of the post you will see that it was an ironic comment. I have never willingly culled a grandparent of any gender. 😂 the "conspiracy" thread is somewhere I go to occasionally for a bit of light relief from the grim 24 hour coverage of covid. The relentless pushing of the jab .. Which not all of us want . And the worrying possibility of jabs being made mandatory, schoolchildren being pressurised to possibly have these experimental (still in trial) jabs, etc. Not everyone shares your viewpoint, and surely you can see that it's a welcome relief to do a bit of black humour to offset the relentless from all sides coverage that surrounds on all sides. I don't apologise for my viewpoint, and obviously no intent was meant to suggest I was on a mission to snuff out any grandmothers.😂 apologies for any offence. Now humour is being policed and censored eh?

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
Amongst the reactions that are harder to believe were caused by the vaccine were tooth decay, bad breath, chapped lips, chilblains, hunger (6 people), screaming (some ‘high pitched’ screaming) and a bed-bug infestation,
Weirdly I’ve noticed that I’ve been uncharacteristically hungry after both doses of the Pfizer vaccine. The first time I thought it was a coincidence but when it happened the second time I did wonder if the vaccine had caused the hunger. I didn’t go as far as reporting it though! The bed bug infestation has floored me 😂

• Haha
if you read the rest of the post you will see that it was an ironic comment. I have never willingly culled a grandparent of any gender. 😂 the "conspiracy" thread is somewhere I go to occasionally for a bit of light relief from the grim 24 hour coverage of covid. The relentless pushing of the jab .. Which not all of us want . And the worrying possibility of jabs being made mandatory, schoolchildren being pressurised to possibly have these experimental (still in trial) jabs, etc. Not everyone shares your viewpoint, and surely you can see that it's a welcome relief to do a bit of black humour to offset the relentless from all sides coverage that surrounds on all sides. I don't apologise for my viewpoint, and obviously no intent was meant to suggest I was on a mission to snuff out any grandmothers.😂 apologies for any offence. Now humour is being policed and censored eh?
Hate to break it to you. You’re. Not. Funny.🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Apologies, and back to the script 👍 interesting though that you jumped on my comment like a fly on a jam sandwich though. Why be on the CT board and so irate though? Your viewpoint is in the majority. Most people are vaccinated, your viewpoint is the popular, "unselfish" and worthy one ...the world applauds you. I respect your right to vaccinate, wear a mask, fill your boots, it's not my business. Just a question though if I may? How long are you prepared to wear a mask? The next six months, year, two yeats, forever? How many boosters? Every six months, every year? How young is too young for masks and jabs? Babies, toddlers, pregnant women? Asked respectfully.

• Sad
  • Heart
Apologies, and back to the script 👍 interesting though that you jumped on my comment like a fly on a jam sandwich though. Why be on the CT board and so irate though? Your viewpoint is in the majority. Most people are vaccinated, your viewpoint is the popular, "unselfish" and worthy one ...the world applauds you. I respect your right to vaccinate, wear a mask, fill your boots, it's not my business. Just a question though if I may? How long are you prepared to wear a mask? The next six months, year, two yeats, forever? How many boosters? Every six months, every year? How young is too young for masks and jabs? Babies, toddlers, pregnant women? Asked respectfully.

Do you have a good reason for not wearing a mask while shopping for food? Assuming you are going into shops. Is it really that big of a brief inconvenience?

Such comments should not be allowed as so many people have been affected and are continuing to be affected. To read such comments is really hurtful. Empathy seems to be diminishing and it is during times like these, that it is needed the most.

Reactions: 9
I dunno about anyone else but personally I would actually quite like it if, when the pandemic is over, mask wearing were to become more embedded in our culture the way it is in East Asia. I doubt it'll happen though, western culture is too individualist.

Reactions: 17
I dunno about anyone else but personally I would actually quite like it if, when the pandemic is over, mask wearing were to become more embedded in our culture the way it is in East Asia. I doubt it'll happen though, western culture is too individualist.

Absolutely agree. Would be great if people who had a cold wore a mask while out and about.

Why be on the anti CT thread?

• Heart
No intention was meant to offend. Apologies if any was taken. Thought I was posting among friends and irony is my way of dealing with the frustration I feel around this whole situation. Bowing out now.

Asked Facetiously. You made a comment in poor taste. Don’t be surprised someone is offended.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Absolutely agree. Would be great if people who had a cold wore a mask while out and about.
The Asian side of my family always wear masks if out and about with even the slightest sniffle ... I used to think it odd, but now I view it as incredibly responsible and respectful

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.