Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The same ones that do that then go and make their porridge 🙄

Oops crossed post -see someone already mentioned the porridge making 😁😁
What is it with annoying colleagues and porridge?!

I used to work with this woman who was usually sat at her desk by 8.50. I got the impression that because she was there “ten minutes early” she could get away with the following debacle.

Dump her handbag at her desk, go and make her porridge in the staff kitchen (took about 15 minutes), come back to her desk where she kept huge jars of peanut butter and Nutella, liberally pour copious amounts of both into the porridge - and then spend 20 minutes eating this stinking brown mess while loudly slurping the first of many diet cokes of the day. All while pretending to check emails when she was just on her phone.

Drove me mad and put me off peanut butter for a long time.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Keep trying to talk about sex. I am not interested in your sex life and i certainly don't want to give you details of mine!!!!!!!!
OMG the video game robe wearing coworker also loves to tell us very intimate details of their sex life.

I cannot say this loudly enough - there is NO happy hour with enough drinks for me to want to know about that horror show.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Those colleagues in the toilets who do that weird thing of going through the motions of washing their hands because someone else is there but they don't actually wash their hands. They turn on the tap and waggle their fingers under the flow - no soap. Do they think that people don't notice. Also I never eat food that colleagues have made. One girl I work with picks at her face skin and arms and eats it and wonders why I never touch her homebaked goods.

• Sick
Reactions: 19
Colleagues who ping me emails that start with "I know you're busy but.................."

Yeah, like the clue is in your own statement - I am busy, so you're going to have to wait in the queue like everyone else, and not try to wriggle your way to the front with the all-too-familiar "but..."

Reactions: 7
Someone in my office who works in a different department does similar with the porridge peanut butter and protein powder. and then goes out for a run/gym at lunch time then comes back and takes another half hour for lunch.

What is it with annoying colleagues and porridge?!

I used to work with this woman who was usually sat at her desk by 8.50. I got the impression that because she was there “ten minutes early” she could get away with the following debacle.

Dump her handbag at her desk, go and make her porridge in the staff kitchen (took about 15 minutes), come back to her desk where she kept huge jars of peanut butter and Nutella, liberally pour copious amounts of both into the porridge - and then spend 20 minutes eating this stinking brown mess while loudly slurping the first of many diet cokes of the day. All while pretending to check emails when she was just on her phone.

Drove me mad and put me off peanut butter for a long time.

I'm only in my late 20s, but a couple of years back I used to work for an IT company with my skillset covering VMware infrastructure. I was asked to install some tin into their datacentre, and plug it all into the network and storage arrays.

Being the new girl in town I was on the receiving end of quite a lot of baiting from the older hands in that place. "Stand by your beds, Techgirl is here to save us!" they would sometimes chorus.

Then you'd get the know-it-all-head trying to undermine me in front of his mates with some bogus technobabble, thinking I would just bow down and accept his superior knowledge.

Alas for him, and others, I retorted with a load of my own technobabble, which I clearly demonstrated on their computers, all of which worked!

They showed just the teeniest bit more respect after that:devilish:
I’m absolutely howling with laughter at them calling you ‘techgirl’ 😂😂😂😂😂

Reactions: 3
Those colleagues in the toilets who do that weird thing of going through the motions of washing their hands because someone else is there but they don't actually wash their hands. They turn on the tap and waggle their fingers under the flow - no soap. Do they think that people don't notice. Also I never eat food that colleagues have made. One girl I work with picks at her face skin and arms and eats it and wonders why I never touch her homebaked goods.
I'm now wondering if you and I have ever worked together because I've had the same experience with a girl who picked her arms and face skin! Disgusting!

We used to have to desk share and when it was her day off it was like a race to try not to be the last one in, you knew if you were last you'd be sat at her desk covered in flakes of her dead skin :sick::sick:

Which leads me on to another thing - people who are fully aware that we have to desk share yet don't make any attempt to clean said desk at the end of their shift! One of my first jobs was in a call centre for a holiday company, on shifts so you never had a set desk you'd just grab whichever desks were free on your shift. I lost count of the amount of times I would sit down to find some body had left their lunch wrappers on the desk, or crumbs everywhere! Out of courtesy at the end of my shift I would always anti-bac the desk, put everything back in it's place and make sure the chair is tucked in. Some people just seem to get up and bugger off without a care in the world for the people who have got to sit there next!!

• Sick
Reactions: 6
Can't stand people who ignore your emails all week then reply on the last working day then are out of office the rest of the weekend. Just reply when you receive the email you dick.

Also can't stand people who ignore your emails then have the audacity to ask the same question again that I've already answered. I'm a great lover of passive aggressive emails such as "as per my previous email".

Reactions: 13
Can't stand people who ignore your emails all week then reply on the last working day then are out of office the rest of the weekend. Just reply when you receive the email you dick.

Also can't stand people who ignore your emails then have the audacity to ask the same question again that I've already answered. I'm a great lover of passive aggressive emails such as "as per my previous email".
Similarly, people who ping out emails to you when you're just about to leave the office for the day!

It's as if they deliberately sit on them all day and then dump it on you 5 or 10 minutes before your official finishing time. And invariably its marked "urgent" and CCd and BCCd to a million billion people! :mad:

Reactions: 5
I once worked with someone who would BCC higher management into emails to try to drop others in the tit. She got found out when a director mentioned something that was only in a specific email.

I’m seeing lots of comments about hygiene and cleanliness. Has anyone else ever noticed that every office seems to have a phantom manky toilet user? It’s mentioned almost daily that there’s a terrible mess left in the toilet but it’s an unspoken rule that nobody dares say the name of who they think the culprit is.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Constantly asking me questions about my home life!

What did you do at the weekend?
What did you have for tea last night?
What you up to tonight?

It just annoys me!!!!!

Reactions: 7
Constantly asking me questions about my home life!

What did you do at the weekend?
What did you have for tea last night?
What you up to tonight?

It just annoys me!!!!!
What you up to tonight is the worst cos my answer is always the same, eating, sitting on the sofa watching soaps, sleeping! Do people really do interesting stuff on a week night?!

Reactions: 5
I'm now wondering if you and I have ever worked together because I've had the same experience with a girl who picked her arms and face skin! Disgusting!

We used to have to desk share and when it was her day off it was like a race to try not to be the last one in, you knew if you were last you'd be sat at her desk covered in flakes of her dead skin :sick::sick:

Which leads me on to another thing - people who are fully aware that we have to desk share yet don't make any attempt to clean said desk at the end of their shift! One of my first jobs was in a call centre for a holiday company, on shifts so you never had a set desk you'd just grab whichever desks were free on your shift. I lost count of the amount of times I would sit down to find some body had left their lunch wrappers on the desk, or crumbs everywhere! Out of courtesy at the end of my shift I would always anti-bac the desk, put everything back in it's place and make sure the chair is tucked in. Some people just seem to get up and bugger off without a care in the world for the people who have got to sit there next!!
I have that same thing at work. Pisses me off. The other day the person using the work station before me went home and left their used fork on the desk. Had eaten their lunch, thrown the polystyrene container in the bin but left the used fork on the desk. The same person that made a huge fuss to our manager that we should have plastic dividers between each work station due to Covid risk. So Covid doesn't live on metal cutlery that has been In your mouth? I apply the same principle to that as I do to people leaving their dirty used coffee mugs on my desk - STRAIGHT IN THE BIN.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Similarly, people who ping out emails to you when you're just about to leave the office for the day!

It's as if they deliberately sit on them all day and then dump it on you 5 or 10 minutes before your official finishing time. And invariably its marked "urgent" and CCd and BCCd to a million billion people! :mad:
Or people that CC the whole world when it doesn't concern others. Especially if you made a mistake :mad:

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Colleagues who email you with thanks one day saying how brilliant you are, a star, a gem, when you have done something quickly for them, but will copy in your line manager stating their severe disappointment when sometimes you have had to say no to something. So I’m amazing one day and a severe disappointment the next?

Reactions: 19
Colleagues who email you with thanks one day saying how brilliant you are, a star, a gem, when you have done something quickly for them, but will copy in your line manager stating their severe disappointment when sometimes you have had to say no to something. So I’m amazing one day and a severe disappointment the next?
Which is one, of many reasons, why I quite the whole full-time-work-for-someone-else routine and went self-employed.

Fed up with all that back-stabbing shite, as well as getting phone calls late in the evening because some twit didn't do as I told them during work hours and then they go home and find themselves in the exact same mess I warned them to avoid but they chose to ignore until it was too friggin' late and then expect me to drop everything and bail them out! Grrr

• Heart
Sadly I work with a group of back stabbers. Mostly people that have nothing going on in their lives. I used to make the effort to be friendly with them but they witch about you regardless so now I just keep it professional. Some workplaces can be toxic. When people try bitching about colleagues I tell them I'm not interested. Straight to the point. Can't be arsed fannying around with all that buisness.

Reactions: 15
Or people that CC the whole world when it doesn't concern others. Especially if you made a mistake :mad:
I work in corporate retail and we have had stores CC the friggin CEO of the company when their shipment is late or they sell out of something. I spent some time in allocations & logistics and would laugh so hard when I saw those. Because they were convinced they would get us in trouble to benefit them :rolleyes:

• Wow
Reactions: 3
In a very awful workplace I worked in (with a hugely passive aggressive manager) I made a very minor mistake in a mail chimp email. Pass agg manager emailed all the recipients apologising, only to have someone to reply to everyong (inlcuding me( about a mistake the manager had made in his reply email). He left the office for the rest of the day as we all just laughed about it

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.