Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Back in my office days there was this girl who wore the same outfit day after day, tight Leather Mini skirt, no tights, high heels, white blouse and a black bra. Yes I know it's rather an odd thing to be annoyed about. What really got me was when I wore my leather trousers to work and got a verbal warning from HR.
As someone who aspires to be a dirty old man, I think I would enjoy looking at that.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Used to work in an office where I would dread sponsor forms landing on my desk and being guilt tripped to donate to random charities (local ones are fine where you can see where the money’s going but Children in Need/Comic Relief? Nope). Anything to do with teambuilding or Secret Santa would fill me with dread too. They used to make a big deal about me not being a tea drinker or in their words ‘not putting the brew on’ and me being veggie was also a big deal to them. They had a buffet for Xmas in the office and all I could eat was Pringles and they said things like ‘oh there’s only a bit of meat in it not much, pick it out’.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Used to work in an office where I would dread sponsor forms landing on my desk and being guilt tripped to donate to random charities (local ones are fine where you can see where the money’s going but Children in Need/Comic Relief? Nope). Anything to do with teambuilding or Secret Santa would fill me with dread too. They used to make a big deal about me not being a tea drinker or in their words ‘not putting the brew on’ and me being veggie was also a big deal to them. They had a buffet for Xmas in the office and all I could eat was Pringles and they said things like ‘oh there’s only a bit of meat in it not much, pick it out’.
Oh god office collections. Hate them. Dictating the amount people should all contribute 😕. I dip out of them now and buy a small gift of my own if I like them and they get sod all if I don't.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
As someone who aspires to be a dirty old man, I think I would enjoy looking at that.
my workplace is similar, I am on my feet about half the day yet cannot wear (even smart) trainers yet there is no issue with women wearing very short skirts/sheer tops etc.

My trainer, future manager is 8 years younger than me. He is a terrible trainer and will be even more terrible manager. He is a single guy who just moved out of his parents' house. He used to "hit" me on the head with papers if I had done something wrong. He stopped after I told him that if he does that one more time I will lose it.

He also calls me darling in a condescending way. I've just had my second baby and luckily will have a break of his stupid face.

My trainer, future manager is 8 years younger than me. He is a terrible trainer and will be even more terrible manager. He is a single guy who just moved out of his parents' house. He used to "hit" me on the head with papers if I had done something wrong. He stopped after I told him that if he does that one more time I will lose it.

He also calls me darling in a condescending way. I've just had my second baby and luckily will have a break of his stupid face.
Oh and people commenting on what you eat. When I was pregnant they would constantly see what I was having and how much. One man thought it was a funny joke to call me fat every day and tell me to stop eating cake.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
There was one person I worked with who chomped their lunch sloppily in the break room, I always cut my lunch short if they came in. There was another one who used to phone their mum and partner every lunch time and discuss their life, for the whole break. Then another who every time you mentioned any topic they were the expert on it, even climbing mount Everest! So glad I've not been in the office since March 😂😂

Reactions: 2
Used to work in a small office and guess people got comfortable enough to bring all kinds of kitchen gadgets for the small kitchen there that was also used as a place for us to eat our lunches, well, there was this one lady that just HAD to cook bacon almost every single morning and the whole office would smell like it for the entire day. This was particularly hard for me when I was pregnant and working 🤢

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 3
I'm an IT Contractor/consultant, and one of my big irritations when working onsite for a period of time is, after installing some new software for the company to utilitise, I then provide a 2 hour meeting/tutorial showing the users what it is, how it works, what could go wrong and what to do it if does etc.

I then provide them with logins/passwords, give them a crib sheet, ask if they have any questions, spend another half-day onsite just to make sure everyone can access the application, and then bugger off home.

But typically once their babysitter (me) is offsite, those same users suddenly realise "tit, how does this work again? What's my password?" etc. So I end up spending the day pinging emails or instant messages to these people explaining everything for a second time, even though I'm working on something completely different and for a different client!

I do wish they would listen first time round! :mad:

Omg this thread is amazing

Video calls. We use microsoft teams and I have one teammate who always has it from her nose up, another puts their phone down pointed at the ceiling and walks away but the worst is the one who has NO boundries. He will pop on a video call in a robe, while playing a video game unmuted....

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Keep trying to talk about sex. I am not interested in your sex life and i certainly don't want to give you details of mine!!!!!!!!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Keep trying to talk about sex. I am not interested in your sex life and i certainly don't want to give you details of mine!!!!!!!!
I had a colleague like that, back in the 80's when I was working with Computer Main Frames, this twit would shag anything in a skirt and I would have to hear about it.

Reactions: 1
I had a colleague like that, back in the 80's when I was working with Computer Main Frames, this twit would shag anything in a skirt and I would have to hear about it.
Im certain thats the reason that some people do it... just so they can brag!!
I don't want to hear about the details. Ugh.

Reactions: 1
Im certain thats the reason that some people do it... just so they can brag!!
I don't want to hear about the details. Ugh.
Yep, just like the bloke I worked with, he was better looking than me so he was really just rubbing it in.

A male team mate of mine who is about 12 years older than me, asked me on a night out why I don’t speak to him about my sex life. I was like “why would I!?” We’re work mates but he seems to think that’s a normal thing to discuss 🙄

• Wow
1.People who take other people’s food from the fridge or cupboard in the kitchen in work.

2. Colleagues (usually men and women over a certain age) who make comments about your height and bodyshape and think they’re being cute or funny when really they’re being offensive. I’m 5’7 and weight-lift and I am very proud of my physique that I have worked hard for.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
We start at 8am. I’m one of those people that like to log on and start working.

There’s a couple of people that dead on 8am come and sit right by my desk and start talking about their boring lives for about 20 minutes.

I have now taken to hiding in the toilet at 8am hoping that they will see I’m not at my desk and piss off!

We start at 7am and I have a colleague who is never late but may as well be by the time they start working. They have the same routine daily.
Arrives in office in a few minutes early.
Goes to hang jacket up.
Chats to the people who sit at the desks near jacket hanging area.
Logs onto computer.
Immediately goes to get a coffee (we have a Caffè Nero on site which takes around 10 min to go there and back).
Drops coffee off at desk.
Goes away to prepare breakfast.
Returns with breakfast. Usually porridge.
Eats breakfast.
Logs back into computer.

There’s a couple of people that dead on 8am come and sit right by my desk and start talking about their boring lives for about 20 minutes.

I have now taken to hiding in the toilet at 8am hoping that they will see I’m not at my desk and piss off!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11

The same ones that do that then go and make their porridge 🙄

Oops crossed post -see someone already mentioned the porridge making 😁😁

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The same ones that do that then go and make their porridge 🙄

Oops crossed post -see someone already mentioned the porridge making 😁😁
And using up plenty of the office milk supply for porridge or other cereal.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.