Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The worst is when people will CC management in an aim to get you in trouble :mad: .
Yes!! This drives me crazy too. Like a form of snitching. Luckily my manager asks to be taken out of copy as it's of no concern to her; she's great like that as she sees right through it.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
not my current job (thank god) but my previous job was in a very small office, my boss sat on the same desk as me, he would passively aggressively email everything instead of just asking you

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I hate my manager's false sympathy because it's like "aw hun I hope you feel better soon" and then when I try to get my hours changed she's like no you can't do that either go part time or do compressed hours. Sure my health can handle more hours and I can definitely afford to just live off a part time wage. I really can't stand the awful woman. She better be careful or I'll be speaking to HR. Oh wait I can't because my workplace have got rid of the phone lines and now we have to use a stupid chat service to get through to them. I'm so glad I found this thread!

Reactions: 11
The worst is when people will CC management in an aim to get you in trouble :mad: .
Oh my god this happens all the time! I always find it quite amusing though that management are generally on my side because it’s some really petty email about something that isn’t even my job to sort out. The best is when they email back defending me 😂

• Haha
One of my colleagues has more personal drama going on in her life than anyone I've ever met - and because of this she leaves early or starts late all the time. I feel bad at times in case it is genuine but last week alone she gave the following reasons to be an hour late or early each day

Monday - water leak in her flat
Tuesday - daughter has flu, needs to pick up her grandchildren for her
Wednesday - IT issues
Thursday - abscess on her tooth
Friday - cat got in a fight, emergency vet appointment

Usually there are on average 2-3 dramas per week but I thought 5 really took the biscuit :ROFLMAO: I wouldn't be bothered, but when she's not there I have to pick up the slack so it's pretty frustrating to say the least. I asked our manager why she allows it and she said from experience it's easier to let her get away with it as she just moans and does nothing all day if she says no. The woman in question has worked for the company so long she knows she's pretty much untouchable.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
My new bestie (🙄 band higher colleague) did that to me the other day but in person not on email.

She got me to go over to our supervisor with her to tell them I'd been doing loads of stuff wrong and not following processes but said it was to "check she understood the process herself" (lies) I was really confused because I hadn't done anything wrong? I followed the process etc and my experience outweighs the job being new. Anyway, walked up to the supervisor and she was like "I don't understand the issue here, sardines doing it right" which made her blush so she rudely dismissed me with "OK you can go now I want to talk about something else" I wasn't having that so made a sarky "yes boss" comment and my supervisor caught my eye and laughed. What she was doing is actually illegal (photocopying people's DBS certs) she'd also signed and dated the copies so it would be clear it was her who did it. I wish I kept quiet and we got audited. 😂🤔

Anyway I feel your pain ❤❤❤❤♥

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
New tiktok low reached yesterday when we were asked would you like to be in a "Nurses react to...." tiktok video? My face clearly showed me thinking WTF I have work to do. We all have work to do!!

Don't worry it'll be during our break tee hee 🤭🤭 it looks like it'll be a quiet one.

Instant hex on the day run off our feet and there was no time for me to have a tea break. Fairly sure they managed to make a tiktok or two. Please stop the tiktok madness!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I contracted for a large organisation for two months and, on my days in the office (2-3 a week), had to hotdesk as contractors weren't assigned permanent desks. Depending on where I sat, I was within earshot of two super-annoying women.

The first:

I had my back to her, but without fail every day around 9:45am this woman would come in, clomp-clomp-clomp as her heels angrily hit the floorboards, followed by the sound of her bag being thrown onto her desk, and her letting out an almighty sigh. "Oh my gawd, you wouldn't believe what happened at the school drop-off today," she would say ... or sometimes it would be, "Geez! Have I had the morning from hell!" Her colleagues would politely acknowledge her but carry on tapping away at their keyboards while she gave then give some huge spiel of what had happened. About 10 minutes later (it took her that long to get through the story), she'd say, "Right, time for coffee!" and toddle off. By the time she actually sat down and did her work it was close to 10:30am (and she'd usually talk to her screen as she went through her emails). As soon as midday hit she was out of there, always saying she was off to meet someone or do something (and would return from lunch late). In the afternoons she'd actually put in a good amount of work - and "Ssshhhh!" anyone who dared to interrupt her peace - but come 3pm she was out of there, citing some family emergency. She was meant to be quite high up doing whatever she did, but she sure didn't act like a responsible person.

The second:

Was the deputy COO, and spent most of her day on her computer looking at property listings, or on the phone to real estate agents. I don't know what her situation was but in every phone conversation with the agents she'd stress that it was highly urgent that she saw this property STAT as she was at her wits' end. But either every property was a dud or something else was going on, as in all that time she never bought anything. So strange.

The man I worked with was quite catty and would take delight in making faces and imitating them whenever these two women were doing their respective things.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
slightly OT but I worked in a male dominated office with a very misongynistic boss who was debating getting rid of the period bin in the bathroom as a cost cutting measure....
Started a new job a few months ago and had my first period last week since I started and quickly realised there are no sanitary bins in the toilets on my floor :oops: not sure who to mention it to as it's only myself and one other girl on my floor who I think still have periods as the rest are men or women who have gone through menopause

• Wow
  • Sad
Started a new job a few months ago and had my first period last week since I started and quickly realised there are no sanitary bins in the toilets on my floor :oops: not sure who to mention it to as it's only myself and one other girl on my floor who I think still have periods as the rest are men or women who have gone through menopause
Stick em to the wall they will soon get you a bin 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
This happened where I worked. I asked my male boss for a bin for the toilet and he said “a bin? In the toilet? What for?” I stared him dead in the face and said “for when I’m on my period”. Bless him, he went bright red but a bin arrived that afternoon and nothing was mentioned again 😂

If you’re not as brazen as me, maybe send an email or ask a female colleague?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
This happened where I worked. I asked my male boss for a bin for the toilet and he said “a bin? In the toilet? What for?” I stared him dead in the face and said “for when I’m on my period”. Bless him, he went bright red but a bin arrived that afternoon and nothing was mentioned again 😂

If you’re not as brazen as me, maybe send an email or ask a female colleague?
😂😂 yeah I definitely will mention it to someone in the next week or so!

One of my colleagues has more personal drama going on in her life than anyone I've ever met - and because of this she leaves early or starts late all the time. I feel bad at times in case it is genuine but last week alone she gave the following reasons to be an hour late or early each day

Monday - water leak in her flat
Tuesday - daughter has flu, needs to pick up her grandchildren for her
Wednesday - IT issues
Thursday - abscess on her tooth
Friday - cat got in a fight, emergency vet appointment

Usually there are on average 2-3 dramas per week but I thought 5 really took the biscuit :ROFLMAO: I wouldn't be bothered, but when she's not there I have to pick up the slack so it's pretty frustrating to say the least. I asked our manager why she allows it and she said from experience it's easier to let her get away with it as she just moans and does nothing all day if she says no. The woman in question has worked for the company so long she knows she's pretty much untouchable.
I genuinely feel like we might work with the same person 😂 I have a colleague who does my nut in with similar excuses every single day. She makes so many long personal phone calls at her desk too, I don’t have the gall to do that! I feel guilty slipping away from the office for 2 minutes to call my GP!
Sometimes i’m jealous of her cos it feels like she never works a full day, but if her life is truly as dramatic as it sounds I probably shouldn’t be jealous!
Honestly though, I swear she’s lying 90% of the time 🧐

• Wow
A member of my team in the office would spend all day sniffing and snorting the phlegm from her throat. The desks were moved around and I had to sit next to her. It’s beyond disgusting. I’m working from home now and am truly dreading going back into the office and having to be around Peppa Pig.

I also used to work with a woman who would chat to me and often start her sentences with “not meaning to sound rude but...” and then she’d follow it up with an insult disguised as an innocent and friendly comment about my weight, makeup or another of my physical attributes (“not meaning to sound rude but you’ve lost weight and look much better than you used to”). It got to the point where I’d deliberately avoid being alone in the office with her. She’s retired now and I couldn’t be more delighted for her!

• Wow
Reactions: 14
One of my colleagues is a bit of a technophobe. She'd rather we did everything manually on paper than on a computer, but I'm trying to encourage her to move with the times and get rid of our archaic methods of filing. Anyway, I've shown her numerous times how to do certain things, (things I consider simple, like printing an attachment from an email, saving a word as PDF etc). I've even gone to the point of making a folder with screenshots and instructions on how to do these things. Yet she STILL asks me to come and look over her shoulder everytime to make sure she's doing it right. She even phoned me once when I was on annual leave to see if I could talk her through it. Pisses me right off.

I appreciate some of the older generation do find it hard to use a PC but when you've been shown umpteen times AND have an instruction manual made for you, there's no excuse in my opinion.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
A member of my team in the office would spend all day sniffing and snorting the phlegm from her throat. The desks were moved around and I had to sit next to her. It’s beyond disgusting. I’m working from home now and am truly dreading going back into the office and having to be around Peppa Pig.

I also used to work with a woman who would chat to me and often start her sentences with “not meaning to sound rude but...” and then she’d follow it up with an insult disguised as an innocent and friendly comment about my weight, makeup or another of my physical attributes (“not meaning to sound rude but you’ve lost weight and look much better than you used to”). It got to the point where I’d deliberately avoid being alone in the office with her. She’s retired now and I couldn’t be more delighted for her!
I feel like there’s an older woman like that in every office. I went from dark to blonde once and an older woman who was always making comments like that said to me “what made you do that? I don’t think blonde suits you” - if that really is your opinion then fair enough but keep it to yourself! She always gets herself involved in conversations and winds everyone up with her comments

• Haha
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.