Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When you explain your complex mental health issue to someone and they reply with "but you look okay" witch I will slap you so bleeping hard if you ever say that to anyone ever again 😡

I said something as she was talking utter ignorant shite to her mate AFTER completing a mental health first aid course. I kind of snapped and exposed myself when I told myself I wouldn't be telling anyone except occupational health. I mentioned having a tit time in life and got greeted with ":O Really" nah witch I'm clearly just choosing to have trauma and lots of bleeping issues. I'd love to be like you with no worries in the world. She's the type to go "I hAvE aNxIeTy ToDaY"

This is the witch I've been consistently moaning about on here 😂

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
omg my work place does this as well! And it is always dominoes which I hate anyway, then I am criticised for being "unsociable" for not wanting to join in. would rather go out and take my break thanks
literally this haha

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I had someone who would delete my entire day work and would make me redo it the next day. I once had this person delete my entire week work and got me to redo it over the weekend. I didn't last long there.

• Wow
Once had a manager insist we make his hot drinks and he always had to have a cup of tea and a cup of coffee at same time. He also expected you to stay to 7pm when we were only paid until 5.30pm. Made little snide comments about our work if we left ‘early’.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
Once had a manager insist we make his hot drinks and he always had to have a cup of tea and a cup of coffee at same time. He also expected you to stay to 7pm when we were only paid until 5.30pm. Made little snide comments about our work if we left ‘early’.
Sounds like where I used to work, apart from the tea/coffee bit.

We used to get moaned at for not doing enough overtime on the weekends too 🙄

Reactions: 3
My old work there were about 8 of us and rather than people making their own drink, whenever anyone made a tea or coffee they did one for everyone. But a few senior people never offered to brew up but as soon as me or another colleague were making one they were all suddenly gasping for one. So annoying. Imagine thinking you're too high and mighty to make a cuppa once in a while.

Reactions: 11
Some managers thinking that work is your life. When I’m done I leave! I’m not staying for the sake of it or to benefit anyone else. I’m wheel spinning off the car park as soon as I can😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
My team keep trying relentlessly to make zoom meetings "fun" 😑 for next week's meeting, we have to bring a list of craft items for a "surprise" fun task 🙄

Last month we had to write "fun facts" about ourselves for people to guess who's who.

We're not in primary school! 🤢 meetings are dull as duck, accept it like the rest of the adult world omg it makes me cringe 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
My team keep trying relentlessly to make zoom meetings "fun" 😑 for next week's meeting, we have to bring a list of craft items for a "surprise" fun task 🙄

Last month we had to write "fun facts" about ourselves for people to guess who's who.

We're not in primary school! 🤢 meetings are dull as duck, accept it like the rest of the adult world omg it makes me cringe 😅
Same. We had wear a hat day. 😂 just give me a day off thanksssss

• Haha
Reactions: 11

We went through this too when Teams was still a novelty - WHY?! It's not like when we have physical meetings we walk into the conference room with a wacky hat or sunglasses. 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Don't know how to multiquote but this and the other two posts below this. I agree totally, making meetings fun is totally pointless, get it over and done with ASAP, no hats no fun facts no other crap please.

When people insist on having pointless meetings. I have a regular monthly one which I went to yesterday - booked in for an hour and as always, lasted about 7 minutes. No one had any updates that hadn’t already been shared by email over the course of the month and the person leading it just kept saying “anything else from anyone? Any other business to discuss?” Painful!

Staying late everyday becaude they're too incompetent to get their work done in the 7 hours a day they're paid for and then being shocked when you finish on the dot. No I've actually done my work and not sat on WhatsApp and drank 10 cups of tea. Don't have it any more as I'm in sales so it's in everyones interest to work hard.

Reactions: 8
I had a manager similar to this when I got a job in an accountancy office. It was my first job after college. He used to call me "tea girl" and would tap on his desk on the hour every hour as he'd want me to make him a drink. I didn't last long.

• Angry
  • Wow
Staying late everyday becaude they're too incompetent to get their work done in the 7 hours a day they're paid for and then being shocked when you finish on the dot. No I've actually done my work and not sat on WhatsApp and drank 10 cups of tea. Don't have it any more as I'm in sales so it's in everyones interest to work hard.
I have a colleague whose work calender is full of personal appointments throughout the day - she does the laundry at 10am everyday, for example. Before Covid, she would often be offline for hours in the afternoon because she'd take her kid to the cinema or similar.

I'm really not bothered how people structure their day, as long as they get their work done. But this colleague barely does any work during working hours and then bangs out emails between 11pm-3am and occasionally works over the weekend. That's her choice. But it absolutely grinds my gears when she goes on and on and on about how she's so busy that she had to work until 3am. 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡 NO, YOU NUMPTY! You're no busier than anyone else, you just choose not to do any work between 9am-6pm!

• Wow
Some managers thinking that work is your life. When I’m done I leave! I’m not staying for the sake of it or to benefit anyone else. I’m wheel spinning off the car park as soon as I can😂
Same!! In that car sooo fast! I had a boss moan at me for leaving at 5pm on the dot all the time...errrr that’s the time I finish?! And I’ve done my work. Tried explaining that point to him and that I also had to be at the childminders no later than 5.30pm or I was picking up a £5 late fee but the old git didn’t give a 💩

Reactions: 12
Same!! In that car sooo fast! I had a boss moan at me for leaving at 5pm on the dot all the time...errrr that’s the time I finish?! And I’ve done my work. Tried explaining that point to him and that I also had to be at the childminders no later than 5.30pm or I was picking up a £5 late fee but the old git didn’t give a 💩
So effectively he wanted you to pay a fiver to stay later at work, great 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Might have been said already but this happened to me today,

when someone sends an email asking a question to the whole company/building. And instead of replying to the sender, when dozey fuckers “reply all”, so EVERYONE is included in a pointless email thread all day.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.