Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not read the whole thread but in regards to managers when send an email starting with -

Good morning,

Hope you are doing well.
---------------------------------------------

Then proceed to smash you to pieces

• Haha
Reactions: 26
most of my colleagues ignore the recyling bins too, they are literally next to the rubbish bin, how hard is it?!
Our ones are right next to the bins too. They don’t even wash out their yoghurt containers or soup tins before throwing them into recycling.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I used to work in a busy hospitality unit and we knew when the really busy times would be but the colleague I worked with the most had the ability to disappear just when those busy spells were about to kick off so more often than not I would be left on my own to fight with the massive queues. She also had the awful habit of taking on overtime so if she was due to finish at 5pm but had been asked to stay until 8pm, come 5pm she would basically down tools and disappear to the back of house and do as little as possible until 8pm - it usually meant she would be watching Netflix or going out to get some shopping while being paid for it. She was a supervisor and was eventually moved to a different unit but when a new supervisor came in she would stop by on her way home to basically drive me mad asking why the new supervisor had decided to do things differently.

She used to operate with the idea that all of us were under threat of being sacked at any given moment for the slightest thing. I stopped once to tie my shoelace and she said: "Don't do that in front of the CCTV, the area manager will see it and you'll be sacked". It was common for us to work on our own so I had to leave for a quick pee break and she had arrived while I was away. I got the same line "You'll be sacked for leaving the counter..." I suggested it would be worse if I decided not to go to the bathroom and just pee behind the counter. Apparently I would be sacked for that... I'm glad I don't work there anymore!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Ask me to do tasks that are obviously not my job. No, I won't empty the period bins!!
It's hazardous and disgusting like are you for real?!

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Ask me to do tasks that are obviously not my job. No, I won't empty the period bins!!
It's hazardous and disgusting like are you for real?!
The period bins? I thought that was usually a service carried out by the supplier of the bins, PHS. It’s a bit of a biohazard.

Reactions: 14
When this one colleague continually asks questions which leads to us doing more work which other departments should be doing. It is not our responsibility so just stop it please because I want to throttle you whilst being on zoom every single day. 🙄🙄

• Angry
Reactions: 10
On a video call with a colleague when I was talking about something she kept doing things like leaning out of view as if to reach for something, looking away from the screen and at one point she said 'ruby, get down, get down off there' to her dog. I stopped talking at these points and she said 'carry on, I'm still listening' I always stop because its so rude allowing herself to be distracted while someone is talking. She even started texting when her phone beeped and ' said again 'carry on I'm listening' I said no its fine, I'll wait until I've got your full attention because what I'm saying is important and I don't want calls asking for me to recap on stuff later'.
She got the message however it makes it sound like I'm being difficult when I'm not.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
On a video call with a colleague when I was talking about something she kept doing things like leaning out of view as if to reach for something, looking away from the screen and at one point she said 'ruby, get down, get down off there' to her dog. I stopped talking at these points and she said 'carry on, I'm still listening' I always stop because its so rude allowing herself to be distracted while someone is talking. She even started texting when her phone beeped and ' said again 'carry on I'm listening' I said no its fine, I'll wait until I've got your full attention because what I'm saying is important and I don't want calls asking for me to recap on stuff later'.
She got the message however it makes it sound like I'm being difficult when I'm not.
I’m getting annoyed for you, just reading this. 🤬

• Heart
Right now its my boss asking every Friday 'so is anyone breaking any covid rules this weekend?' And then proceeding to tell the stunned silence specifically about what he will be doing this weekend😐

Back in the office i sit opposite a guy who taps his foot or his fingers on the desk constantly. As our desks are linked I can feel it aswell as hear it!

Also setting meetings for after 5 when people mostly finish at 5.

My manager also starts emails with no greeting just puts your name and then lists his demands. So annoying. Feel like I'm being told off.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
The period bins? I thought that was usually a service carried out by the supplier of the bins, PHS. It’s a bit of a biohazard.
slightly OT but I worked in a male dominated office with a very misongynistic boss who was debating getting rid of the period bin in the bathroom as a cost cutting measure....

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
slightly OT but I worked in a male dominated office with a very misongynistic boss who was debating getting rid of the period bin in the bathroom as a cost cutting measure....
That's harsh, it doesn't even cost that much to have it emptied 😑

Reactions: 4
My manager also starts emails with no greeting just puts your name and then lists his demands. So annoying. Feel like I'm being told off.
Mine does this too! It's awful. I don't know why people do it, it doesn't take 2 second to greet someone properly.

Reactions: 8
Not read the whole thread but in regards to managers when send an email starting with -

Good morning,

Hope you are doing well.
---------------------------------------------

Then proceed to smash you to pieces
Or when you've been away on holiday and the first line is replaced with, "I hope you had a good break and feel relaxed. While you've been away we've all been under the pump to deliver ..." blah blah blah ...

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Or when you've been away on holiday and the first line is replaced with, "I hope you had a good break and feel relaxed. While you've been away we've all been under the pump to deliver ..." blah blah blah ...
yeah, it always seems like a passive agressive way of saying "you shouldn't have taken any time off, look at the work that has built up in your absence"

Reactions: 10
Yeah I always get comments like "While you were off...." This and this happened.

It does sometimes feel like it's pointless taking AL because of the sheer amount of work that's waiting there when you get back.

I used to work with a woman who changed her font to Comic Sans for absolutely everything (emails included), which looked ridiculously unprofessional. She also had a collection of stuffed animals and Christmas tinsel adorning her desk and a pile of shoes - so many shoes! - underneath her desk. Our manager would complain about her whenever she wasn't there as she used to annoy the heck out of him (she'd also spritz perfume on herself and her chair after returning from meetings which was his biggest complaint), but he'd never pull her up on any of it. Oh, and she wore these really funny HUGE themed earrings everyday. She just didn't fit into what was a very serious project office.

At another place, as a contractor I got to sit in the worst location in the office, which was right outside the loos. It was rather awkward as I faced the door and I felt like people thought I was watching who was going in and out all day. It was also very frustrating because people would come and visit me after going to the loo for a chat, and I really just wanted to do my work. Occasionally I'd pretend I was on the phone so frequent visitors wouldn't stop.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I used to work with a woman who changed her font to Comic Sans for absolutely everything (emails included), which looked ridiculously unprofessional. She also had a collection of stuffed animals and Christmas tinsel adorning her desk and a pile of shoes - so many shoes! - underneath her desk. Our manager would complain about her whenever she wasn't there as she used to annoy the heck out of him (she'd also spritz perfume on herself and her chair after returning from meetings which was his biggest complaint), but he'd never pull her up on any of it. Oh, and she wore these really funny HUGE themed earrings everyday. She just didn't fit into what was a very serious project office.

At another place, as a contractor I got to sit in the worst location in the office, which was right outside the loos. It was rather awkward as I faced the door and I felt like people thought I was watching who was going in and out all day. It was also very frustrating because people would come and visit me after going to the loo for a chat, and I really just wanted to do my work. Occasionally I'd pretend I was on the phone so frequent visitors wouldn't stop.
omg comic sans!!!!!! Did anyone watch a show that was on ch 4 (I think) ages ago called "the sack race" comedians had to compete who could get sacked on their first day closest to a certain time, if I saw someone like this I would genuinley wonder if I was in that show

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It is! I've been nagging for them to get onto PHS as they've not been for ages and it's full to the brim.
I'm not allowed to empty it and would be in trouble if I did. It's against H&S.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Going to go back and read the whole thread but my current biggest annoyance is my colleague who can't do ANYTHING without phoning to tell you or check first. I needed him to do something the other day, and that something was mainly to do his normal process but leave out the very final step, literally do the whole thing as usual but stop before you do the very last thing. He has phoned me 3 times about it. Literally he can do A,B and C just don't do D

"I've done A am I ok to do B & C?"
"I've done A&B am I ok to do C?"
"A,B&C are done, I'm just checking you don't want me to do D?"
"Just to let you know D still needs to be done, I'll leave it for you do"

IM NOT DOING IT EITHER. WE'RE NOT DOING D AT ALL!

(Phew glad I got that out, I'm sure I'll be back with more!)

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.