Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Last year when we were still in the office my manager would say very loudly that I’m a clever girl whenever I did a good piece of work 😒 I was the only woman on my team. I’m late 20s with a secondary school child. I’m not a girl!
I also pointed out to him several times that the men on my team can take notes, book meetings and go to the shop for biscuits 🙄

Oh and when he found out I was a teen mum he said he didn’t think I was that sort of girl 🤬
SO ANNOYING
Please put him in his place. What a complete arse hole.

PS not that sort of girl?!?HOW ANNOYING AND RUDE WHEN ALMOST EVERYONE HAS SEX IN THEIR TEENS gggrrrrrrrr i hate men like this

Reactions: 5
SO ANNOYING
Please put him in his place. What a complete arse hole.

PS not that sort of girl?!?HOW ANNOYING AND RUDE WHEN ALMOST EVERYONE HAS SEX IN THEIR TEENS gggrrrrrrrr i hate men like this
Yeah eventually he was called out by another manager and I did tell him I did not appreciate his comments. I don't have to interact with him much now thankfully.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
When someone has a baby and they send an email around with pictures and people do reply all. I don't care Sandra if you think little Timmy looks cute, I thought the email was something important not the 50th reply to the baby announcement.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Seriously what is it with people putting meetings in without checking your diary first? I have a public diary for a reason! Stresses me out so much 😡

• Angry
Reactions: 6
When I am so busy I have no spare time for new things but I help out anyway On a ‘super urgent’ piece of work that takes me days. Then I get a one word email back: ‘thanks’. 😤

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Micro management. I have a job, I know how to do it. Leave me alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
When I am so busy I have no spare time for new things but I help out anyway On a ‘super urgent’ piece of work that takes me days. Then I get a one word email back: ‘thanks’. 😤
At least they said thanks, sometimes you don't even get that.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Micro management. I have a job, I know how to do it. Leave me alone.
yeah exactly, if you cannot trust yourself to hire good people you are not capable of your job imo. I have worked a couple of places with INSANE staff turnover, at some point you need to blame yourself for hiring the wrong people

Reactions: 8
Im livid right now. Our crappy receptionist is claiming internet issues so cant log in to take calls.
She has an actual deskphone so could use that but for some reason her director is allowing this.
He asked several of us to keep an eye on the voicemail. There are 46 saved messages in there, she has done nothing with them just ignoring them. I dealt with the 4 new ones and told her director what I found. And also said I have my own job to do so wont be going through them all for him.
So now the calls are being directed to all of us, but only 3 of us will answer. Ive told my manager the reason why my work is behind is I am doing a receptionists.
So she gets a day off it doesnt come out of her leave and we have to play catch up with our work.
I really hate my job today.
I used to work for a large organisation and, for a time, was the only woman in the department. For a while I wondered why so many calls were put through to me instead of the generic office line. Then it clicked - the switchboard thought I was the department admin (note: we did not have any admin staff at all thanks to cuts!).

It was doubly annoying as my colleagues all dealt with teapots* and I dealt specifically with non-teapot projects. So putting anyone asking for teapots through to me wasted my and the caller's time.

Had a sharp word with the switchboard one day and the calls stopped.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
The post above has reminded me of what annoys me 😂 we used to all take calls when we were in the office before covid, now I have been designated the only person to take them since WFH. I hate it so much, especially because for my role the calls are never for me so I always feel unhelpful like "sorry I can't advise can I take a message" and just makes me feel like they think they're too busy and important to do it compared to me.

I applied for a new job last week and omg I have all of my fingers crossed.

• Angry
Reactions: 15
I work full time and one lady in my team (we are classed as essential workers so we are all in office) goes on lunch break EVERY day at 12:30. She orders her lunch from a takeaway cafe round the corner to pick up. If we are in the middle of a task or conversation she’ll just suddenly stop at 12:25 and go on lunch. We are entitled to our break and can take it at any time of day but for some reason it just annoys me :ROFLMAO:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
yeah exactly, if you cannot trust yourself to hire good people you are not capable of your job imo. I have worked a couple of places with INSANE staff turnover, at some point you need to blame yourself for hiring the wrong people
Or driving the good workers away with terrible bosses

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I work full time and one lady in my team (we are classed as essential workers so we are all in office) goes on lunch break EVERY day at 12:30. She orders her lunch from a takeaway cafe round the corner to pick up. If we are in the middle of a task or conversation she’ll just suddenly stop at 12:25 and go on lunch. We are entitled to our break and can take it at any time of day but for some reason it just annoys me :ROFLMAO:
i use to work with a nurse who left at 2pm. No matter what she was doing, it would stop and she would waddle off home.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I work in an office and the woman who sits nearest to me will occasionally just do a little hiccup. Nothing worth noting, barely audible, not any kind of thing whatsoever, but for some reason she follows it up with a massive... "OHHH EXCUSE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!" all over the office.

Does my nut in.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
A colleague of mine always puts orange peels and apple cores in a bin which has a massive duck off sign on it saying RECYCLING ONLY. Winds me up no end, especially as she never empties the bins either when they start getting full. She just tends to balance stuff on top of them until someone else empties it.

• Angry
Reactions: 9
A colleague of mine always puts orange peels and apple cores in a bin which has a massive duck off sign on it saying RECYCLING ONLY. Winds me up no end, especially as she never empties the bins either when they start getting full. She just tends to balance stuff on top of them until someone else empties it.
Tell her........loudly. That would wind me up.

Reactions: 1
The company I work for is small but someone ALWAYS leaves two squares of toilet roll on the roll and never replaces it. But if they do replace it (which is a rarity), they never replenish the spare toilet rolls. I’ve been stuck on the toilet with two squares and nothing to replace it with twice so now I always check the loo roll situation before I sit down.

• Angry
Reactions: 3
most of my colleagues ignore the recyling bins too, they are literally next to the rubbish bin, how hard is it?!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.