Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I work as a lowly admin in a food distribution centre (on furlough at the mo). But omg do we have so many managers and deputy managers and assistant managers, line managers, team managers, focus managers, regional managers, transport managers, logistics managers.., most of them are working from home barking out orders to those lowly warehouse people who have to go into work.

So many managers all doing the same job and making sure everyone knows they're a manager by the big bold fonts in their email siggies.
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
You have just described the chronic problem in British offices/workplaces. Where everyone wants status and power so they make these insane structures of TLs, managers, “leads”, assistants etc. Scrape out these layers of ineffective “management” and the finances improve, morale lifts and probably productivity and service increase.

In my area there are 4, FOUR, “Team Managers” who have NO direct reports. Their banding starts at at least £50k. What and who are they managing as team managers?! Madness and boils my piss.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
You have just described the chronic problem in British offices/workplaces. Where everyone wants status and power so they make these insane structures of TLs, managers, “leads”, assistants etc. Scrape out these layers of ineffective “management” and the finances improve, morale lifts and probably productivity and service increase.

In my area there are 4, FOUR, “Team Managers” who have NO direct reports. Their banding starts at at least £50k. What and who are they managing as team managers?! Madness and boils my piss.
In my job there's my line manager, who is answerable to the Interior Logistics Manager, => Branch Logistics Manager => Southern Regional Logistics Manager => National Logistics Manager.... National Logistics Director.... and then after that I haven't a clue.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Im livid right now. Our crappy receptionist is claiming internet issues so cant log in to take calls.
She has an actual deskphone so could use that but for some reason her director is allowing this.
He asked several of us to keep an eye on the voicemail. There are 46 saved messages in there, she has done nothing with them just ignoring them. I dealt with the 4 new ones and told her director what I found. And also said I have my own job to do so wont be going through them all for him.
So now the calls are being directed to all of us, but only 3 of us will answer. Ive told my manager the reason why my work is behind is I am doing a receptionists.
So she gets a day off it doesnt come out of her leave and we have to play catch up with our work.
I really hate my job today.

Reactions: 3
Why the duck can't people use the BCC function? I'm sick to death of being included in 200 person emails and people replying all to give their tit opinions. I don't care, duck off 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
One of my friend's is a theatre nurse. She was on her way to scrub up for a heart bypass operation and was blocked from entering a corridor because some doctors were in the middle of filming a tik tok routine. She had to turn heel and take a different route.
hahaha!!! Our doctors were doing yoga on the lawn one shift!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

They’re also 100% focused on profits that they’re not arsed about the well-being of staff AT ALL

• Heart
I'm the office junior, and therefore I end up with all the crap the older numpties can't be bothered with. I get emails saying "Could you reload the printer" or "change the printer cartridge" or "sort the photocopier out. There's an error message".

Before furlough I was asked to "can you get another extension lead. I need one for my 2 chargers and fan" (totally not work related). And "My computer is slow. Can you sort it?"

How the hell do I know? I don't work in IT. Email them instead!
Just tell them to turn it off and on and see if that works 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The receptionist turned up after her day off and didnt take the phones off divert.
I asked the team chat if she was back and she blamed the phone guy for the problem, its never her.
She is now asking for the manual to do her job as she cant find it on the system. She has been with us for 15 months and now she looks for a manual?

• Angry
  • Wow
I'm on a team where I'm the only female member. No big deal, never bothers me. But today, another team lead was talking their team about us (we were there) and said "the guys on the development team", paused and then he added "and girl".

Wft. First of all, 'guys' (in my opinion anyway) is a catchall term and can include both genders. So I don't know why he had to add my gender in at the end. And secondly, I'm a 27 year old woman... I'm not a girl.

Reactions: 9
When people ask me if someone has completed something. Why don't you ask them or look in your inbox and see?

People that 'reply all' to every single thing. 'Bcc' is my best friend 🤣

• Haha
I'm on a team where I'm the only female member. No big deal, never bothers me. But today, another team lead was talking their team about us (we were there) and said "the guys on the development team", paused and then he added "and girl".

Wft. First of all, 'guys' (in my opinion anyway) is a catchall term and can include both genders. So I don't know why he had to add my gender in at the end. And secondly, I'm a 27 year old woman... I'm not a girl.
I was the only girl in my management team for a while, and my old manager used to address us as “chaps and chapette” 🙄

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
Last year when we were still in the office my manager would say very loudly that I’m a clever girl whenever I did a good piece of work 😒 I was the only woman on my team. I’m late 20s with a secondary school child. I’m not a girl!
I also pointed out to him several times that the men on my team can take notes, book meetings and go to the shop for biscuits 🙄

Oh and when he found out I was a teen mum he said he didn’t think I was that sort of girl 🤬

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
Last year when we were still in the office my manager would say very loudly that I’m a clever girl whenever I did a good piece of work 😒 I was the only woman on my team. I’m late 20s with a secondary school child. I’m not a girl!
I also pointed out to him several times that the men on my team can take notes, book meetings and go to the shop for biscuits 🙄

Oh and when he found out I was a teen mum he said he didn’t think I was that sort of girl 🤬
How old is he, that manager?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.