Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Messaging me on teams when I am showing offline...EMAIL ME

Really pisses me off
Don’t talk to me about teams 🤣 my boss uses it’s too much - as if I don’t screenshot the stuff he’s not brave/stupid enough to put in email 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I find it really demotivating when managers fail to recognise achievements. They're so quick to pull you up on something you've done wrong but can't take the time to praise when appropriate.

I just started a new job last November and I am constantly getting impromptu video calls from my director telling me off for things I've done / not done. My training consisted of him printing off a manual and handing me a spreadsheet listing things he'd like me to learn from it so I was thrown in the deep end a little. I felt so uncomfortable at work and his constant criticism has really affected my confidence to the point where I handed in my notice on Monday 😅 .
I did the same two weeks ago - resigned after 3 long, hard, punishing months and I feel like a new person since doing it!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I remember an office manager in a place I used to work who was a complete battle axe. You could not even get a pen from the woman without practically having to beg for it, and bringing your old pen back to prove it wasn’t working. Was easier to buy your own stationary!
I find quite a lot of women are like this. It’s not coming out of your salary give it a rest woman and give me the damn pen 🤨🤨🤨🤨

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I find quite a lot of women are like this. It’s not coming out of your salary give it a rest woman and give me the damn pen 🤨🤨🤨🤨
I worked with that lady, you’d also have to bring the piece of paper where you had tried to get it working. Then she would produce a 2nd hand one from her desk!! 🤔🤔🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 4
our team had a meeting yesterday where we discussed the proposed pay rise ….. I work for a LA so as you can imagine there wasn’t much to discuss …. My manager turned around & said we don’t come to work to get paid and if we come to work to get paid we should work in the private sector 🤣😂 my mind was blown! While I would LOVE to go to work as a hobby and not to pay my bills life isn’t as privileged to us all and I made that very clear …. My manager hates me 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
our team had a meeting yesterday where we discussed the proposed pay rise ….. I work for a LA so as you can imagine there wasn’t much to discuss …. My manager turned around & said we don’t come to work to get paid and if we come to work to get paid we should work in the private sector 🤣😂 my mind was blown! While I would LOVE to go to work as a hobby and not to pay my bills life isn’t as privileged to us all and I made that very clear …. My manager hates me 😂
I bet said boss is on a rather nice salary as well - it’s always the ones making the most money that say that the world doesn’t revolve around money 🤣

Reactions: 13
I bet said boss is on a rather nice salary as well - it’s always the ones making the most money that say that the world doesn’t revolve around money 🤣
she has not 1 but 2 full time time positions so 2 salaries how that works I don’t know but he’s she’s rolling in it 🤣

Reactions: 2
Make a short task last a good few hours. It's a skill in itself
Yep 😂 reminds me of an older fella I worked with. He'd have a bit of data entry and scanning to do that would take 30 mins tops, but he'd tell the world and its dog how busy he was and would stretch it out the whole day. It was comical 😂

Reactions: 3
Annoying things work colleagues do all the time ..... they come in to work!!😬😭

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I work with someone who does no work. All she does is chat and gossip and make tea. The really annoying thing is that she gets paid more than me. This is the public sector for you. It’s impossible to get sacked.

Reactions: 12
I work with someone who does no work. All she does is chat and gossip and make tea. The really annoying thing is that she gets paid more than me. This is the public sector for you. It’s impossible to get sacked.
Is that you, fellow annoyed public service person? We have one of those too. Maybe we are in the same office, or else every public service place has them.

I can never get over that there’s no performance reviews or standards to meet for public services (in our place anyway). You can just coast along, do as little as possible and never get fired!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Is that you, fellow annoyed public service person? We have one of those too. Maybe we are in the same office, or else every public service place has them.

I can never get over that there’s no performance reviews or standards to meet for public services (in our place anyway). You can just coast along, do as little as possible and never get fired!
Another public sector employee here!

We have at least one of these.

We don't even have performance related pay any more. So the coasters get the same cost of living increase as the rest of us (usually nothing) and no reward for the people who actually do the job.

Micro manage and act like they're my boss 😤
Send countless emails to our actual boss about things we could capably manage on our own 🙄

Reactions: 8
A young girl i work with got a slating off the boss yesterday. Went in this morning and everyone was gossiping and bitching about her behind her back. There was no way i was joining in.

I hate everyone i work with, doesnt matter where I work I always get pissed off with everyone.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
The fact some of them breathe annoys me sometimes.
-

I'm off sick at the moment and one of my colleagues keeps asking me for a call to moan about work. Last time I agreed I was on the phone for nearly 3 hours. No thank you.

• Wow
  • Sad
The fact some of them breathe annoys me sometimes.
-

I'm off sick at the moment and one of my colleagues keeps asking me for a call to moan about work. Last time I agreed I was on the phone for nearly 3 hours. No thank you.
3 hrs!!! duck that!! I’d never dream of calling someone who was off sick. Texting to check in-
Fine. But no no no to calls for hours. WTF

i am currently on maternity leave and I may as well be on the moon. I’ve heard from no one in weeks 🙃

Reactions: 6
3 hrs!!! duck that!! I’d never dream of calling someone who was off sick. Texting to check in-
Fine. But no no no to calls for hours. WTF

i am currently on maternity leave and I may as well be on the moon. I’ve heard from no one in weeks 🙃
He's a nice guy but misunderstood by others so can be the butt of jokes so I keep an eye out on him because he does say things that can be misconstrued by others. I genuinely thought it would be a 30 minute call but it was close to midnight when I managed to get him off the phone! I'm the same as you I would probably text a colleague if they weren't in and I was fond of them but other than that I don't like speaking to colleagues over the phone outside of work. I cba for office politics when I am off sick and honestly besides this guy I don't think anyone noticed for ages! He told me one of the ladies we work with asked him 'where's the cute, little Asian girl?' Nice of you to remember my name after all the favours I've done for you. 🤣

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.