Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m going to frow it out there as this is the worst thing my manager has ever said to me and still hits a nerve now… I was in my return to work meeting after suffering a miscarriage that required surgery. My manager asks am I on any birth control because too many miscarriages are bad for my health and body! Like I fu****** planned on miscarrying my baby 😡
After my miscarriage and when I returned to work, I wasn't allowed to sit down throughout the duration of my working time. I was on my feet for 6 hours, and while I felt fine (sad as I had a miscarriage) my hips were killing me. I even said in my return to work interview I would like to sit and do my work - they completely ignored my request.

Another incident was when I was pregnant. I was on a high dose of steroids and the side effect is your ballon on weight. I put on a lot of weight and it still affects me to this day. Anyway, someone went up to me and said this: 'God, Anna your baby is going to be huge, twice the size of you.' I didn't know what to say so I walked away from her and never spoke to her again.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Just started at a new job and everyone is really friendly and gets on well. I can't help feeling suspicious as I've never witnessed this before 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I raised something that needed looking at over a year ago. Probably will take quite a bit of work to update all the documents. They ignored me for months so I stopped raising it. Today I get a ‘can you update these over the next week, thanks’ email. Um no, no I cannot. It needs the whole team’s input and I don’t have time to do the admin now until next month.

• Sad
It's only been 2 days. Surely someone has to have a problem with someone 🤷‍♀️
Odds on they do, but if the general atmosphere is upbeat that’s okay! When I started my job everyone seemed really friendly (not just best face for the newbie), but cracks started showing in some teams and turnover has caused it to turn very toxic. But that’s taken time.

///
I’ve checked out mentally today now, which is a step in the right direction. Didn’t sleep at all last night as I was stressed and my catch-up with my manager got cancelled 30 mins before with no apology. Management have checked the mandatory training off, got their satisfaction surveys back so will go back to being “busy!” until the next round in winter 🙃

Reactions: 3
After my miscarriage and when I returned to work, I wasn't allowed to sit down throughout the duration of my working time. I was on my feet for 6 hours, and while I felt fine (sad as I had a miscarriage) my hips were killing me. I even said in my return to work interview I would like to sit and do my work - they completely ignored my request.

Another incident was when I was pregnant. I was on a high dose of steroids and the side effect is your ballon on weight. I put on a lot of weight and it still affects me to this day. Anyway, someone went up to me and said this: 'God, Anna your baby is going to be huge, twice the size of you.' I didn't know what to say so I walked away from her and never spoke to her again.
I’m so sorry you were treated this way 💕 I’m learning people are very selfish and if it doesn’t directly affect them then they have 0 sympathy xx

What a witch!
Hope you’re okay lovely. ❤
Thank you 💕 I know have a beautiful 2 year old x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
People in this company are a joke.

Somebody messed up some data back in July and didn't advise until November. They corrected it retroactively in November, but it was far too late because we used this set of data to run a project and with the corrected data, we didn't meet any of the required thresholds. I spoke to the manager and she said to utilize the data as originally provided and stick to that until the project is over. OK, then she asked the data team to revamp the data for better accuracy moving forward.

Now, I'm being asked to help with the reassessing the data when I didn't mess it up in the first place. I don't work in the data team, I'm the recipient of the data. The data team lead sent me passive aggressive email saying: "Blah Blah ... not to open a can of worms or anything". I then decided to set up a call to discuss because it's clearly turning into a whole industry. This person declined and said: "I'm overbooked with meetings, so prefer to discuss via email".

I don't have time to be shooting emails every two minutes over this. You can't send me an email saying "Not to open a can of worms or anything" and then shut all attempts at effectively communicating. Very unprofessional behavior. First they mess up the data and my project and now they make it look as though it's my fault and shut down the communication.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Just started at a new job and everyone is really friendly and gets on well. I can't help feeling suspicious as I've never witnessed this before 😂
Just to update that they still all get on like a house on fire. However there is something about each of them that pisses me off. I wonder if I'm the toxic one 😨

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Please tell us what the things are 😂
One is a very nice lady but not very good at what she does and makes very basic mistakes constantly whilst banging on about how she's been doing this for 30 years.

Another thinks of herself as a comedian and makes little jokes whilst looking over at me and I smile and giggle because I'm polite. She means well im just fed up with humouring her. The other is very good at what she does but another comedian - I like this lady, I think the comedy is a front and i think I will like her more as I get to know her but for now I'm fed up with the jokes. 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 5
One is a very nice lady but not very good at what she does and makes very basic mistakes constantly whilst banging on about how she's been doing this for 30 years.

Another thinks of herself as a comedian and makes little jokes whilst looking over at me and I smile and giggle because I'm polite. She means well im just fed up with humouring her. The other is very good at what she does but another comedian - I like this lady, I think the comedy is a front and i think I will like her more as I get to know her but for now I'm fed up with the jokes. 😬
Oh god you’ve been fake laughing since you started 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Oh god theres nothing worse than some one saying something "hilarious" then looking expectantly around them for laughs.🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 8
One fake laugh to prevent awkwardness and you’re stuck fake laughing til you leave for a new job or die 😂😂😂🥴

• Haha
OH was asked at 8pm if he could work tomorrow instead of Wednesday.

He'd of happily agreed if he didn't already shift swap with someone else (was originally working tomorrow, off Wednesday), and move our plans as a result. Plus to be asked at 8pm when he'd have to start at 8am is a bit of a pisstake tbh.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Wow I’m on the edge today 😤 I’m the ‘youngest’ member on my team and the eldest who has a daughter my age seem to think it’s ok to speak to me like tit off a shoe I have reported this several times and it gets brushed off as that’s just the way she is 🙄 like that’s my problem 😡 sorry needed to rant it really really gets to me and there’s not a thing I can do about it

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Casually dropping in about oh today is leg day 💪, ooh I eat protein ,💪 ooh I go training etc
Bog off! let me eat my choccy and sit on my arse in peace 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I can't get over how grubby some people are.

I went to a client site today and my client had to make a few quick calls, so suggested I go and take a seat in the (one and only) meeting room.

I opened the doors to be greeted to a table of dirty glasses, half-filled bear and wine bottles, chippie packets, rubbish, old face masks, tissues and a sad-looking fruit platter. This place doesn't have cleaners, so it's up to the staff to clean up after themselves. It was all probably left over from Friday night drinks, but who did they expect to clean it up? They obviously weren't expecting anyone to come into the office over the weekend.

When my client came in, his jaw dropped - he was furious. He led me to his office and excused himself to make a couple more calls; as I was leaving, I could see a group of very pissed off people cleaning the mess up ... I think he must've called the offenders back to sort it out! :LOL:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.