Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate when colleagues get tooooo personal. We are only friends because I see you every day. I don’t care what you did at the weekend and/or about your husbands birthday balloons please shut up 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I hate when colleagues get tooooo personal. We are only friends because I see you every day. I don’t care what you did at the weekend and/or about your husbands birthday balloons please shut up 🤣🤣🤣
I had a colleague who talked constantly in our open plan office. Her wedding, house renovations, husband blah blah blah. It was a relief to WFH.

Reactions: 8
We had someone like that too. Especially odd when she was the only one oversharing and constantly talking about her personal business in the office and team group chat.

We'd tolerate it as her team and thought we had a break with WFH but she then started doing it with clients and other departments 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
They'd email with an innocent "I hope you're well" at the beginning and she'd take it as cue to email back responding to the query but also with a "I'm well thanks for asking although my son's been ill for 2 weeks and the house renovations are a nightmare and my husband this and schools that, etc etc etc". Felt so unprofessional and I'm glad her contract wasn't renewed when the time came!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I had a colleague who talked constantly in our open plan office. Her wedding, house renovations, husband blah blah blah. It was a relief to WFH.
When I was doing a temp job in an office, once, someone commented that I didn't say much. I replied that they more than made up for anyone else not talking - and that was true!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
She was okay about it like I was about her comment. It was all just humorous and she knew she was a big talker, as I said, just as I knew I was very quiet, as she pointed out.
Im glad she was ok, ive said similar in the past when my quietness was commented on and it went down like a lead balloon 🎈 😅

Reactions: 1
The fact some of them breathe annoys me sometimes.
-

I'm off sick at the moment and one of my colleagues keeps asking me for a call to moan about work. Last time I agreed I was on the phone for nearly 3 hours. No thank you.
duck that!!!
I was recently off sick and kept on getting emails/texts that started with "I know you are off sick, but...." FECK. OFF.

Reactions: 4
My company laptop is a complete nightmare, I had to log in on a day off to give IT access to fix the issues. That was most of Thursday gone on trying to fix it. In office today and spent nearly 4 hours today trying to get it to work. My manager was snotty with me wondering why I havent done much today. I came so close to telling her to shove it and walking off I have told them repeatedly that I need a new laptop but they wont get me one. A new team member walking in will get a new one though. Im so tired of it.
If you give me crap systems to work with there is only so much I can do.

Reactions: 4
I was temping once and for the entire 3 months, despite me repeatedly telling them my name, was referred to as "the Temp". Left as soon as i could.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
I was temping once and for the entire 3 months, despite me repeatedly telling them my name, was referred to as "the Temp". Left as soon as i could.
Similar with supply teaching, you're treated like crap by the rest of the staff.

Reactions: 3
Similar with supply teaching, you're treated like crap by the rest of the staff.
I know it's different but I done some work experience as a TA when i was younger, I was made to print, photocopy, cut out and glue stuff in for the entire day, everyday. Literally in a tiny cupboard by myself 😂

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.