Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My boss is a twit, he’s young and wants to get on. We work remotely, had a big meeting last year where our performance wasn’t up to scratch and we told him we needed him to be ‘there’ for us as a leader, he agreed. Nothing has changed, he’s worse than ever! Only contacts us for a return or a bollocking🙄 I was off sick and he text me asking when I was back as we have ‘tit to do’ 😡 . So frustrating! I’m very annoyed about work atm so there may be more on this thread from me as I’ve found somewhere to vent 😂

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 28
Have MS Teams calls out loud at their desk. Get some headphones or get the duck out.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Following on the team leaders at my place are terrible.
I thought you need people skills to lead a team but apparently you don't. A leader at my place told the new boy to go away as they were too busy to help but he is to ok everything with her because she is the only one who can help him...

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I thought you need people skills to lead a team but apparently you don't. A leader at my place told the new boy to go away as they were too busy to help but he is to ok everything with her because she is the only one who can help him...
We need a face palm reaction!

I feel this is the way workplaces are heading. A few years ago the managers would be ‘people people’ with a couple that slip through the net. Now it’s the other way round!

Reactions: 14
I work in a male dominated area so that is fun. I am seen as controlling or micro managing any time I suggest something

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
No restocking things. Hate going to work in a different area and no ones made a stock order

Reactions: 8
I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels like this - I really value my lunch break, it’s time to myself to rest and reset. I spend my whole work day talking so that hour of peace is golden!
I dread a work acquaintance saying ‘ooh let’s go for lunch together’, or someone spotting me in the lunch room and coming to sit with me.
I have a handful of good work friends that I absolutely wouldn’t mind lunching with (although even then I would still choose to lunch alone 🙈) but I don’t want to make small talk about work and the weather with someone I barely know and don’t particularly care about 😭 let me have my peaceful hour!

Same goes for when I spot a work acquaintance on public transport on my way to/from work - I just think to myself please god don’t come over and strike up a conversation, or we’re going to have to make small talk for the next 15 minutes over the noise of the tube/bus and I really really cba 😭

I sound so antisocial don’t I 😆

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 76
I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels like this - I really value my lunch break, it’s time to myself to rest and reset. I spend my whole work day talking so that hour of peace is golden!
I dread a work acquaintance saying ‘ooh let’s go for lunch together’, or someone spotting me in the lunch room and coming to sit with me.
I have a handful of good work friends that I absolutely wouldn’t mind lunching with (although even then I would still choose to lunch alone 🙈) but I don’t want to make small talk about work and the weather with someone I barely know and don’t particularly care about 😭 let me have my peaceful hour!

Same goes for when I spot a work acquaintance on public transport on my way to/from work - I just think to myself please god don’t come over and strike up a conversation, or we’re going to have to make small talk for the next 15 minutes over the noise of the tube/bus and I really really cba 😭

ha ha im the same..they probably think im a miserable cow at work but i like to get out of the building not just move a floor to the lunch room. i also like to catch up with one of my friends who works nearby and have a walk and a proper chat. my last work had a proper staff canteen so we would go and eat togethet but then do our own thing once finished.
Re the colleague on public transport..i was on train ages ago..looked up and opposite me was a girl from our firm..it was quite funny as both of us had clearly noticed each other and was trying everything not to make eye contact and have to actually acknowledge each other! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I worked in the care industry and it was vile.
Managers snorting coke on shift, also drinking and stealing controlled medication.. not giving service users the medication because they would pop the blister packs, place medication into a cup.. tip the medication into their tunic and take it themselves.
These people were extremely vulnerable and didn't have the mental capacity to recognise when they weren't getting their medication

Reported everything to cqc with photo evidence and left

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 65
When you show someone how to do something, ask if they understand and they confirm they do then they ask two days later how to do that very thing

Reactions: 18
We had a new start at work before covid struck and our supervisor was being crappy with her all the time. Seemed determined to have the girl fail. So I helped her out on the sly with things when cuntchops supervisor wasn't around. Turns out she's related to one of the owners and the supervisor's face :eek:when the owner turned up on a flying visit and was hugging and kissing the newby, like family does.😂 So satisfying.
The super left just after that. Wasn't pushed but I think she knew she would be . The new girl is supervisor now, we're mates, and although I do my share of the workload I must admit I get away with a lot for a part timer. Be careful who you tit on.;)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

I hate seeing people from work on the bus! Especially first thing in the morning - I make a point of wearing headphones and not looking at them as they get on. And if it were the other way round, I wouldn't dream of sitting next to someone if I saw them. I travel 1.5 hours on two buses to get to work and I like having that as 'quiet time' to listen to music and chill before I start work.

Reactions: 22
Came back from two weeks annual leave to find SIX emails from a colleague asking to swap a shift next week. Mate, my out of office was on telling you exactly which date I’d be returning, why did you need to email me six times?! But also no, I won’t cover your shift because you make excuses every time you’re supposed to return the favour

• Angry
Reactions: 18
People who hum in the office does my head in.
people who hum in general drive me mad ! My FIL does it all the time (drives me and my husband mad).yes we know your here you dont have to keep reminding us by making constant background noise! no wonder my poor MIL is in denial about her hearing issues she probably happy not to be able to hear it!

Reactions: 9
People who hum in the office does my head in.
Or people who talk to themselves ... including full-on back and forth dialogue!

We have a new man who likes to show us all how clever he is with "Ask Google" and talks to her all day. It's not even relevant stuff to his job - he'll say, "Hey Google, are you having a nice day?" to which she'll respond with her robotic voice and he'll just keep on talking to her. Odd fellow.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.