Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jam-sandwich

Chatty Member
I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels like this - I really value my lunch break, it’s time to myself to rest and reset. I spend my whole work day talking so that hour of peace is golden!
I dread a work acquaintance saying ‘ooh let’s go for lunch together’, or someone spotting me in the lunch room and coming to sit with me.
I have a handful of good work friends that I absolutely wouldn’t mind lunching with (although even then I would still choose to lunch alone 🙈) but I don’t want to make small talk about work and the weather with someone I barely know and don’t particularly care about 😭 let me have my peaceful hour!

Same goes for when I spot a work acquaintance on public transport on my way to/from work - I just think to myself please god don’t come over and strike up a conversation, or we’re going to have to make small talk for the next 15 minutes over the noise of the tube/bus and I really really cba 😭

I sound so antisocial don’t I 😆

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 76

Gossipgirl9101

I worked in the care industry and it was vile.
Managers snorting coke on shift, also drinking and stealing controlled medication.. not giving service users the medication because they would pop the blister packs, place medication into a cup.. tip the medication into their tunic and take it themselves.
These people were extremely vulnerable and didn't have the mental capacity to recognise when they weren't getting their medication

Reported everything to cqc with photo evidence and left

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 65

1001 others

VIP Member
Today was the funeral of my dear neighbour's husband and when she checked her phone after the service (which she only did as someone she was expecting to see hadn't turned up), there were three voicemail messages from someone at her work, demanding that she call them back because only two people know how to do a certain piece to wrap up end of month procedures and they needed the information "STAT." Why didn't they call the other person? Because they're having a "well-deserved day off after carrying the workload of two people for a good week while you've been away." (That bit was included in the third message). The gall of it! I have offered to call this person back on my neighbour's behalf to give them a piece of my mind! (She's thinking about it). And no, this is NOT urgent - it's something that has to be done within 10 days of the new month. :mad: She is going to hand in her resignation when she returns on Monday (good!).

As if having her husband pass away unexpectedly (in his sleep, from an aneurysm) wasn't tough enough to deal with ... I've said it once and will say it again, I think many people have become bitter and lacking in compassion since the emergence of Covid.
Update for anyone who's interested: My neighbour asked if I could phone her colleague back because she just does not have the stomach for it - nor does she have the strength to return on Monday. I decided to go higher, so spoke to the department head (one level up from my neighbour's boss), and explained the situation and they could not have been nicer. They were extremely annoyed with the message the colleague left and said they'd be dealing with them separately (I do believe they will). They also agreed to let my neighbour resign with immediate effect, and will give her two months' salary in recognition of her valuable contribution to the company over the past few years. That is amazing! Of course she's rapt - it's just one less thing she has to worry about (she doesn't need to work). The department head also said they disappointed nobody told him of my neighbour's situation because they would have attended the funeral if they'd known. This person has restored my faith in humanity.

• Heart
Reactions: 50

freda19

VIP Member
Following on the team leaders at my place are terrible.
I thought you need people skills to lead a team but apparently you don't. A leader at my place told the new boy to go away as they were too busy to help but he is to ok everything with her because she is the only one who can help him...
We had a new start at work before covid struck and our supervisor was being shitty with her all the time. Seemed determined to have the girl fail. So I helped her out on the sly with things when cuntchops supervisor wasn't around. Turns out she's related to one of the owners and the supervisor's face :eek:when the owner turned up on a flying visit and was hugging and kissing the newby, like family does.😂 So satisfying.
The super left just after that. Wasn't pushed but I think she knew she would be . The new girl is supervisor now, we're mates, and although I do my share of the workload I must admit I get away with a lot for a part timer. Be careful who you shit on.;)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

1001 others

VIP Member
When someone is on compassionate leave and they're being bombarded with calls and texts from work - FGS! (Not me, my neighbour who very sadly lost her husband).
Today was the funeral of my dear neighbour's husband and when she checked her phone after the service (which she only did as someone she was expecting to see hadn't turned up), there were three voicemail messages from someone at her work, demanding that she call them back because only two people know how to do a certain piece to wrap up end of month procedures and they needed the information "STAT." Why didn't they call the other person? Because they're having a "well-deserved day off after carrying the workload of two people for a good week while you've been away." (That bit was included in the third message). The gall of it! I have offered to call this person back on my neighbour's behalf to give them a piece of my mind! (She's thinking about it). And no, this is NOT urgent - it's something that has to be done within 10 days of the new month. :mad: She is going to hand in her resignation when she returns on Monday (good!).

As if having her husband pass away unexpectedly (in his sleep, from an aneurysm) wasn't tough enough to deal with ... I've said it once and will say it again, I think many people have become bitter and lacking in compassion since the emergence of Covid.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 40

kingdomhearts

There’s a couple of girls in the office who will bring their toddlers in for like 30 mins during the morning or afternoon and then I have to listen to a screaming kid and everyone “ooh”ing and “ahh”ing. Drives me fucking nuts

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 37

Dirtyhorseshoes

VIP Member
When you say 'did you have a good weekend' just to be polite and half and hour later they're still jabbering on about how much washing they managed to get done, what bargains they got at home sense and how 'our julie' had a row with 'our darren'

😴😴😴😴😴

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

Rodneytrotter

Chatty Member
I overheard three colleagues discussing and laughing about my body shape today. I am quite pear shaped and they were discussing how I have a small head and fat arse. Feel like shit now to be honest!

I work in a school BTW and the bitchiness is something else.

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 30

Wifo1976

VIP Member
My boss is a twat, he’s young and wants to get on. We work remotely, had a big meeting last year where our performance wasn’t up to scratch and we told him we needed him to be ‘there’ for us as a leader, he agreed. Nothing has changed, he’s worse than ever! Only contacts us for a return or a bollocking🙄 I was off sick and he text me asking when I was back as we have ‘shit to do’ 😡 . So frustrating! I’m very annoyed about work atm so there may be more on this thread from me as I’ve found somewhere to vent 😂

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 28

Mookiegoose

This was similar to me last year. I had a special birthday during lockdown and our office were all on furlough so I received nothing. Yet my manager and another member of staff also had special birthdays just after mine and they both received gifts and cards 🙄
My 50th birthday was on Jan 8 this year, during lockdown and I didn't even get a card. A couple of weeks later, it was someone else's 50th who was in the office and their desk was decorated and got loads of presents. This then went on the group whatsapp so I replied "thank fuck I was working from home so I didn't have to deal with this on my 50th" just to guilt trip my colleagues and it totally worked. Mwah ha ha ha.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

Sardine

Chatty Member
Have MS Teams calls out loud at their desk. Get some headphones or get the fuck out.

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Cereal Killer

Chatty Member

She should put in a formal complain to HR and play the voicemails as evidence.
How dare they harass her when she is burying her husband?!

Reactions: 25

Samf2020

Chatty Member
In my company I work different hours to everyone else and always have. I start earlier and obviously finish earlier and always get the oh half day for you is it comment. No you dick I was here when you were deciding which cheap suit to wear today.
One other member has unoffically changed his work hours to mine and is usually in before me and opens up the building.
Next week we are both off, the only other person who gets in near 9 o clock with a key is also off.
This means that 3 members of staff will be standing around outside waiting on someone to let them in. 2 of them will contact their boss who will email me and get an OOO.
I know the proper thing would be to let them know now, they will have an issue but I have brought this up so many times that I am just going to let it play. Its managements fault now not mine.

• Haha

gingrog

VIP Member
Not only is my coworker eating hot FISH at her desk, she is scraping the fork on her teeth with every mouthful. I don't know if the smell or the sound is making me feel more sick?

• Sick
  • Wow

everyoneistriggered

Collections:

I have been at the company two years, several people have left, had babies, got engaged/married etc and I have contributed to most of those collections. I’ve missed about 5 (one I deliberately missed because I didn’t like the person but the rest was due to Annual Leave or sickness absence) and for two years I have never had anything for my birthday as it falls as a Bank Holiday. Now, I don’t give to receive but I have forked out more than £200 to not even get a card posted to me.

I did think to stop contributing but I thought that responding that my birthday has been missed twice would make me sound like a petulant child so here we are and I guarantee that I get nothing this year.

• Sad
Reactions: 24

Rodneytrotter

Chatty Member
Just started at a new job and everyone is really friendly and gets on well. I can't help feeling suspicious as I've never witnessed this before 😂

• Haha
  • Wow

TaylorMomsen

Chatty Member
I used to work with a woman who would use the phrase "with regards to" as punctuation. Drove me mad. She also DID NOT SHUT UP. It'd be like 10 to 8 in the morning and she'd be asking you what you're having for your tea

Now I work with a man who has been WFH 4 days a week and only in the office for one, even on his first week. He constantly asks questions, but questions that I've already answered, or that are on the intranet, or that a quick Google could answer. He also comes and taps on your desk when you're in a Teams meeting to ask if you're in a Teams meeting. No Steve, just sitting here with a screenshot of 9 faces on the screen and my headset on for shits and giggles.

I'm glad he's WFH 4 days a week, I couldn't cope with having to be in his presence any longer. You know when you just take an instant dislike to someone and the very fact that they exist gets under your skin? It's that.

• Haha

Chels91

I’m going to frow it out there as this is the worst thing my manager has ever said to me and still hits a nerve now… I was in my return to work meeting after suffering a miscarriage that required surgery. My manager asks am I on any birth control because too many miscarriages are bad for my health and body! Like I fu****** planned on miscarrying my baby 😡

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 23

Peaches_xox

VIP Member
When you return from annual leave and before you’ve even had a chance to settle back in somebody is like ‘hi good time off. Quick one…’ erm hello I have just remembered my password and that I work here GIVE ME A SECOND.

Happened to me via WhatsApp on Monday. My reply was ‘I don’t know. I’ve just logged on. I have 600 emails’ which translates to FUCK OFF.

• Haha
Reactions: 23