Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People who just want to chatter on literally constantly . I really don't care about your life story im here to work 😪
I love a good natter with the right person (i.e the 2-3 people I actually like in the office 😂), but the people who just love the sound of their own voice and use you as a soundboard for their life story can piss off.

These are the same people who ask you shite questions like ‘got anything planned for the weekend?’ *shudder*

Reactions: 7
Sick of colleagues telling me their crappy reasons for doing latty flows:

They sneezed twice
They coughed more than three times in one day
My finger is sore
My period lasted two days longer than normal
I've gone off tomato's
I've got a headache
My wee is a funny colour
My tongue feels big

NFI 😴

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Give unsolicited advice. Sometimes I just want to have a whinge without everyone trying to fix my problems JUST LET ME SUFFER

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Managers aggressively policing bullshit now everyone works from home. Who the duck cares when you use busy or do not disturb status on Skype?! Who the duck cares if you're logged into Teams all day? EMAILS AND PHONES STILL EXIST. Some of us want to get some work done without every hole in the business skypeing over some nonsense that isn't urgent.

• Heart
  • Angry
Sick of colleagues telling me their crappy reasons for doing latty flows:

They sneezed twice
They coughed more than three times in one day
My finger is sore
My period lasted two days longer than normal
I've gone off tomato's
I've got a headache
My wee is a funny colour
My tongue feels big

NFI 😴
No wonder we keep having shortages of them. I’m all for testing daily and being responsible, but I know people who take several each day - sometimes a whole pack if they aren’t feeling great

Reactions: 1
My boss earns triple my wage yet I just had to show him how to save a word doc as PDF. He tells me for years he thought you had to print the word doc, then scan it back in. 🙃

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
@WilmaHun that made me laugh out loud.
I had a job a few years ago where the head of my department was earning over 3x my wage (she'd asked me to scan her contract to her so I'd seen the salary) and could barely work a PC or scanner obviously (it was PAINFUL to watch) and she was too proud to be shown how to do it. I was basically demoted to being her scanning/word formatting skivvy and quit shortly after. She literally struggled to "find the internet" she'd be looking in folders and randomly clicking on things.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Boyfriend doesn’t work on Mondays.

His boss keeps calling him on a Monday evening when we’re either out or trying to eat dinner. This week he messaged, (after an ignored call,) and asked him to do something that would have taken two hours.
I’ll give my boyfriend credit, he did put his foot down and say no.

Just winds me up because the bosses wife told my boyfriend off for messaging her on her day off about something, (in his defence, she didn’t know he was day off - it was 9.30am and they all work weird shifts) - yet the same curtesy can’t be extended to my partner 😡

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Some of my work colleagues have a mad habit of trying to pass the buck all the time. NO! it's your problem YOU deal with it!!

Reactions: 8
"We NEED to be in the office and we NEED to see each other and TALK otherwise we can't work together properly." Stop whining as if you have been in solitary confinement for years. We don't "need" to be anywhere or working face to face

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’m going to frow it out there as this is the worst thing my manager has ever said to me and still hits a nerve now… I was in my return to work meeting after suffering a miscarriage that required surgery. My manager asks am I on any birth control because too many miscarriages are bad for my health and body! Like I fu****** planned on miscarrying my baby 😡

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
I’m going to frow it out there as this is the worst thing my manager has ever said to me and still hits a nerve now… I was in my return to work meeting after suffering a miscarriage that required surgery. My manager asks am I on any birth control because too many miscarriages are bad for my health and body! Like I fu****** planned on miscarrying my baby 😡
WTF
Totally unacceptable. Let me guess it was a MAN. Absolute arse holes. Go above and report to the highest person possible. So sorry this happened to you.

Reactions: 7
bleeping hell!

Reactions: 2
Surely that’s not legal and you could go to HR for something like that 😮

Reactions: 3
WTF
Totally unacceptable. Let me guess it was a MAN. Absolute arse holes. Go above and report to the highest person possible. So sorry this happened to you.
You would think so but even more disgusting this came out of a woman’s mouth 🤮 there was a few comments similar in the conversation like she didn’t know I was trying for a baby (I wasn’t) but still none of her business if I was. She is a very privileged mindset she only goes to work as a hobby and hasn’t had any life struggles so cannot relate or even try when life doesn’t go as planned for others

Sorry also to add I did after a day of stewing request a meeting with her manager who I explained while crying the conversation that happened & as I expected which is why I didn’t bother reporting anything before hand or afterwords I was told she didn’t mean any harm and it’s just the way she says things somethings. They are very close so I was always fighting a loosing battle 😡

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Wow
What a witch!
Hope you’re okay lovely. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It's annoying me that there seems to be (yet another) tiered society opening up with those who work from home vs those who work in the office. The latter accuse the former of being lazy and the former accuse those in the office of holding secret meetings and power tripping over stuff (generally speaking of course - not all people think like this).

You would think so but even more disgusting this came out of a woman’s mouth 🤮 there was a few comments similar in the conversation like she didn’t know I was trying for a baby (I wasn’t) but still none of her business if I was. She is a very privileged mindset she only goes to work as a hobby and hasn’t had any life struggles so cannot relate or even try when life doesn’t go as planned for others

Sorry also to add I did after a day of stewing request a meeting with her manager who I explained while crying the conversation that happened & as I expected which is why I didn’t bother reporting anything before hand or afterwords I was told she didn’t mean any harm and it’s just the way she says things somethings. They are very close so I was always fighting a loosing battle 😡
Can't you put your complaint/experience in writing.

What happened is totally unacceptable, sorry for your loss. She needs clubbing on the head. At the very least an apology is required.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.