Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh man dont even get me started on training. Management seem to think senior members of staff are unable to train as we might "train wrong" but managers who dont even do our job are more experienced. Picture the scene, manager and new start sat at a desk opposite you, manager asks you a question about the job(ie how to do the job) and then they relay it to the new start sat next to them. And thats just the tip of it. Madness!!
Why don't they just ask you to train them as that seems more effective? You seem to know the job better than the manager who surely has different things to focus on, and you could possibly explain things better than the manager could to new starters.

My lack of training meant I really struggled. I'd get calls from my director saying things like "I'm struggling to see what value you are bringing" after just three weeks of being there 😅

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
My lack of training meant I really struggled. I'd get calls from my director saying things like "I'm struggling to see what value you are bringing" after just three weeks of being there 😅
I would have to fight really hard with myself not to respond with ‘ditto’.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I hate this expectation to do everything on videocall. When colleagues video call me on teams out of the blue, I pick up using the phone icon and they complain "your camera is off!". Grr, you don't need to see my face for me to answer your problem!

Reactions: 12
I hate this expectation to do everything on videocall. When colleagues video call me on teams out of the blue, I pick up using the phone icon and they complain "your camera is off!". Grr, you don't need to see my face for me to answer your problem!
Yes exactly. I don't mind having my camera on during video calls when it is for a scheduled meeting, but when it is out of the blue it seems a bit invasive.

Reactions: 9
Yes exactly. I don't mind having my camera on during video calls when it is for a scheduled meeting, but when it is out of the blue it seems a bit invasive.
The bosses at our place suggested this at one point. We use teams to speak to the other site and update each other throughout the day. Management thought it would be great that we speak using a webcam rather than type a message saying a short sentence. Totally stupid, they backed down after we all kicked off.

Reactions: 3
The bosses at our place suggested this at one point. We use teams to speak to the other site and update each other throughout the day. Management thought it would be great that we speak using a webcam rather than type a message saying a short sentence. Totally stupid, they backed down after we all kicked off.
This is why I hate Microsoft Teams so much 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I hardly ever switch on my camera, even if the other person does because I don't want them to see me mouthing ‘duck off’ at them and giving them a double bird!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I must’ve missed when people FaceTimed as standard when calling colleagues pre WFH. Why is it expected to see people now? It winds me up! We had staff training and they kept saying it’s rude to ever have your camera off when someone has theirs on.

1642436325414.gif

I have body dysmorphia and a cheap webcam that would make anyone look like a potato means I’m rarely putting it on. Even with make-up it makes you look barefaced. A director had a go at me once about it in a team call. I’ve never FaceTimed family or exes, it’s nothing personal 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I must’ve missed when people FaceTimed as standard when calling colleagues pre WFH. Why is it expected to see people now? It winds me up! We had staff training and they kept saying it’s rude to ever have your camera off when someone has theirs on.

View attachment 995299

I have body dysmorphia and a cheap webcam that would make anyone look like a potato means I’m rarely putting it on. Even with make-up it makes you look barefaced. A director had a go at me once about it in a team call. I’ve never FaceTimed family or exes, it’s nothing personal 🤣
Times like this I'm glad my workplace is woke and we're not allowed to force anyone to have their camera on 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Times like this I'm glad my workplace is woke and we're not allowed to force anyone to have their camera on 😂
How do you work the woke angle? 😲 I feel like Wednesday Addams in that scene from Camp Chippewa before they get forced to watch Disney Movies for not conforming 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I had an asshat of a boss who would do that. He'd start by saying, "Who am I speaking to? Because if I can't see you then how do I know?" Ummmmm ... because I answered, "Hi asshat, 1001 here" ???

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I could sit here all day with examples on why my work environment is toxic affffffffffff! 🤣 I have had my ‘manager’ I use the word very loosely tell me to ‘duck off’ in an office full of people 😂 ….. today’s annoyance was a little less subtle does anyone else have team members who wait till you’ve finished for the day to email you to ask to speak to you? Like Iv just sat there for 6 hours and you couldn’t speak to me in that time? You have to wait for the second I leave to tell me you need to speak to me tomorrow 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 11
So our receptionist is off sick and several of us have to cover. Yesterday they were all taking a shift easy enough. Today its nothing but excuses. I am doing 2 today and that is me done. Will not be getting involved in it again until next week someone else can organise it. I dont get paid extra to be the one who sorts it. What will happen is the calls will just be ignored and go to voicemail.
Normally I would check that and farm the messages out. Nope not happening. No one else has logged a single call today nor checked the emails.
Looking after me and sod the rest of them.

Reactions: 4
People who just want to chatter on literally constantly . I really don't care about your life story im here to work 😪

Reactions: 10
People who message you 'Ooo I'm really pulled out with this piece of work can you help?'
Sure stop what I'm doing, 1 min later they're showing as inactive...Oh OK I'll just do all your stuff whilst you have a little break 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.