Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haha - are you me?

I do the same. If I can't make it, I always politely advise as to why and usually suggest a more suitable time. It's courtesy.

Haha, the two hour meeting happened to me too two weeks ago! A meeting from 4.30 to 6.30pm on a Friday of all days. Ridiculous!!!
Oh dear. Whoever arranged that meeting clearly thinks they're very important.

I think I'd have struggled not to write "are you taking the piss?" as my decline message.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
When somebody stops answering you on Skype, but they answer their manager's chats / pings on the dedicated Teams group chat. WTF?

Reactions: 1
Been at my new job a few weeks and all they do is hag each other off behind each other’s back. There’s only four of us and I constantly wonder what they say about me behind my back 😔

I don’t want to go in for my shift tomorrow and I’ve got job interviews lined up. This isn’t how I imagined my first few weeks going. 😅
Update - I’ve left and now have two jobs! One is work from home as a customer service agent, the other is at a Christmas market as a barista. Thank god I’m outta there!!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Not only is my coworker eating hot FISH at her desk, she is scraping the fork on her teeth with every mouthful. I don't know if the smell or the sound is making me feel more sick?

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Update - I’ve left and now have two jobs! One is work from home as a customer service agent, the other is at a Christmas market as a barista. Thank god I’m outta there!!
I bet you're glad to be out if that environment! I've been looking for a role as a customer service agent for ages but can't find anything 😕

Reactions: 1
I bet you're glad to be out if that environment! I've been looking for a role as a customer service agent for ages but can't find anything 😕
I could tell you the company I’m working for but I’m not sure if that’s allowed? Don’t want to break rules 😅

It’s RSVP - they’re fully flexible and you can work around your schedule.
They put you onto different campaigns - so one campaign will be for one client, then another one is for a different client.
I found them via Indeed - I’m not sure if they’re still recruiting but have a nose on there!

They put you onto different campaigns - so one campaign will be for one client, then another one is for a different client.
I found them via Indeed - I’m not sure if they’re still recruiting but have a nose on there!
@Rodneytrotter I forgot to respond to you - sorry! 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 2

@Rodneytrotter I forgot to respond to you - sorry! 😅
Thanks so much! I will have a look 😍

Managers who do not answer emails.

There is this manager who always tells me "if you need anything, feel free to email me", then she literally never answers regardless of the very many chasers. It went as far as her pining me telling me she can't make it to a meeting an asked if there was anything urgent and I said, all outstanding items were in my email from 11/XX, but nothing urgent to discuss. She then stopped answering my Skype after this and still hasn't responded to my emails.

Yesterday, I found out some data discrepancy is seriously impacting our project and the project lead reach out to her to ask if she's going to ask an exceptional approval to senior management. She never answered yet has been shooting emails left right and center. She's probably thinking I'm the one who messed up and she shouldn't ask for approval for this. I swear, I can't with this anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
My boss takes days and multiple emails to reply to questions (he literally continuously asks people to send him something again so that it is "top of the pile") BUT literally anytime he has tried to contact me and I've been on lunch for examples ... its super urgent! So urgent! Where are you??? Right now!!

He's also hard to get answers out of. You know that scene in Devil Wears Prada where Meryl Streep rhymes off everything Anne Hathaway has to do and gives zero context or explanation but you aren't allowed to ask questions/you get one shot to ask one short question. Thats my boss.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
A colleague of mine didn’t get the promotion that he applied for, and naturally bitter and pissed about it. From then on, he never sign off with his signature. It is always kind regards, name. Pettiness level 100

• Haha
Reactions: 11
A colleague of mine didn’t get the promotion that he applied for, and naturally bitter and pissed about it. From then on, he never sign off with his signature. It is always kind regards, name. Pettiness level 100
One of my former team mates amended his signature to make it look like he was more important than he was. He had a meeting with boss, signature went back to what it should be and 5 weeks later he handed in his notice 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I am actually nearly crying at my desk at the moment because the guy across from me eats with his mouth wide open and the sound it makes is like a mix between a dog when you throw it a slice of ham and people snogging. I have hardly worked for the past hour because I can't hear anything other than him doing that, but I can't say anything without looking like a psycho. Its bothering me so so so much and he does it every day. He also does thr loudest sniffs, and wettest sneezes constantly. Soz if this sounds dramatic but I HATE nasal/oral sounds so much
I feel for you!! I’m having to put up with this on an almost daily basis! I wish he would eat at the same time as me because it makes me want to cry so much! I can’t hear it so much if I am eating too. However there isn’t much I can do about it because I’m WFH and the coworker isn’t actually someone working for my company, it’s my partner 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️😭

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The above posts reminded me of this guy in my team who was apparently told he'd be promoted to Senior at the end of this year (2021). Since he was told earlier this year whenever this was (around April maybe), he's been including in his signature the new Senior title that will come into effect in 2022. It's not even official yet as his title on the group directory is still the same it's always been (analyst). Smh. He's been waiting for this promotion for so long (4 years), he couldn't wait any longer and decided to use his future new title one year in advance. Roodiculooous.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
People are so funny about titles!! I used to work with a company and we had just hired a new Head of Sales! I was responsible for getting him set up with his phone, finish the credit card etc. I did all the necessary, brand new smart phone was arranged. He called me aside one day and ranted at me about his phone, saying how could he be taken seriously in meetings if he didn’t have the latest phone and why did some of his team have iPhones and he only had a Samsung! How could he have the respect of his team if he had a less recent phone!! That took up 30 mins of my day. Needless to say he didn’t get an upgrade for ages!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
This week it’s been colleagues whinging about their workload (same as mine) when I’ve been doing double my usual work thanks to someone being off and I’ve just got on with it. That, and when people try to push their own tasks onto you then try to pretend it was a misunderstanding when management calls them out on it.

Reactions: 3
The above posts reminded me of this guy in my team who was apparently told he'd be promoted to Senior at the end of this year (2021). Since he was told earlier this year whenever this was (around April maybe), he's been including in his signature the new Senior title that will come into effect in 2022. It's not even official yet as his title on the group directory is still the same it's always been (analyst). Smh. He's been waiting for this promotion for so long (4 years), he couldn't wait any longer and decided to use his future new title one year in advance. Roodiculooous.
And stupid, what happens if the new title doesn't come thru, so embarassing

Reactions: 3
Not only is my coworker eating hot FISH at her desk, she is scraping the fork on her teeth with every mouthful. I don't know if the smell or the sound is making me feel more sick?
Eww. Nothing quite like someone eating hot food at their desk.
I work with a girl who eats mackerel and cous cous at her desk. Even the office gob has told her it stinks but she still does it.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
People who don't do what they are asked to do despite various chasers.

On multiple occasions, I sent an email to the resources on my project saying: "Please action XYZ by this date, if you are experiencing any access issues, please let me know asap".

Some people make it a point either a) not to action things or b) not raise a hand if they have any access issues. I had to proactively go into the system and check one by one what has been actioned and who could be experiencing access issues. It's technically not my job to coordinate accesses, as this is to be done between the previous portfolio owners and the new ones. I now find myself having to shoot emails requesting access to the previous portfolio owners on behalf of the new portfolio owners in order to prevent them from saying they couldn't action XYZ because they didn't get access (despite the fact it was their job to coordinate access). I don't mind coordinating the access, but please if I'm asking to let me know if you're having issues, it's the least you can do. Going into the system and checking things one for everyone is incredibly time consuming especially as I'm not the one granting access.

I don't know, maybe I'm a dumbo who doesn't know how to work.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.