Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

slugella

VIP Member
Thanks everyone! I don't know why I doubt myself when I have a reason to be mad.

We ended up on a Zoom call with most of the people he sent the materials to and someone said that it was great to recieve the materials and that they looked good. So before he could say anything I said thank you so much I'm pleased you like them, any edits you can contact me directly.

It felt good and am feeling better now but god the actual nerve of some people is insane.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

LolitaBlah

VIP Member
People who talk about their children and babies ALL THE TIME. I really don't care. Don't care about the photos of her daughter, the dinner she didnt eat last night, the football practice, the swimming lessons... MAKE IT STOP PLEASE!

• Haha

TheGlossy

VIP Member
People who think "working hours" are just an informal constraint and your day stretches until 10pm.

I just received a meeting request 5pm-6pm this evening. I logged in at 8am this morning. It's getting declined.

Sick and tired of having my personal free time scarified every single evening over non-sensical requests. The more overtime I put in, the lower my real profit margin is in this job. I signed up for 40 hours a week. I never signed a contract that stated I ways handing my life over to the company.

• Heart

Blue pumpkin

VIP Member
When colleagues have time off so they send in a temp and the temp has no social skills 😂 awks
I experienced similar a few years ago. After talking about work stuff for two days - showing her the ropes etc, I thought she was shy so on the third day I said ' did you watch great British bake off last night'? and she replied 'I'm here to work, not make friends' 😅
She never spoke for the remainder two weeks unless it was work related.

• Haha
  • Wow

onlyheretoorbit

VIP Member
I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels like this - I really value my lunch break, it’s time to myself to rest and reset. I spend my whole work day talking so that hour of peace is golden!
I dread a work acquaintance saying ‘ooh let’s go for lunch together’, or someone spotting me in the lunch room and coming to sit with me.
I have a handful of good work friends that I absolutely wouldn’t mind lunching with (although even then I would still choose to lunch alone 🙈) but I don’t want to make small talk about work and the weather with someone I barely know and don’t particularly care about 😭 let me have my peaceful hour!

Same goes for when I spot a work acquaintance on public transport on my way to/from work - I just think to myself please god don’t come over and strike up a conversation, or we’re going to have to make small talk for the next 15 minutes over the noise of the tube/bus and I really really cba 😭

I sound so antisocial don’t I 😆
I hate seeing people from work on the bus! Especially first thing in the morning - I make a point of wearing headphones and not looking at them as they get on. And if it were the other way round, I wouldn't dream of sitting next to someone if I saw them. I travel 1.5 hours on two buses to get to work and I like having that as 'quiet time' to listen to music and chill before I start work.

Reactions: 22

Tree_

VIP Member
My colleague tried to steal a 27k sale off of me last week. Lots of commission for me over 1.2k. 'Hi, its Geoff can you put me through to Tree? I just need to give her the last 3 on my card this order. No sorry she's gone home, I'll order it for you'. No cunt i hadn't gone home. I was at the coffee machine as she well knew. She was boasting about it to our manager and head of sales. Here 2 weeks and i made a 27k sale. I heard her and asked to look. She's been bollocked and i don't think she'll make it past probation. She had the cheek to ask to split the commision. She's lucky I'm professional as i wanted to ball her out so bad. I told her how wrong she was and how unimpressed i am. But I'm still fuming, she's made an enemy now!

• Wow

WilmaHun

VIP Member
My boss earns triple my wage yet I just had to show him how to save a word doc as PDF. He tells me for years he thought you had to print the word doc, then scan it back in. 🙃

• Haha
  • Wow

PinkMermaid

I work in a male dominated area so that is fun. I am seen as controlling or micro managing any time I suggest something

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 21

CheshireLove

VIP Member
Females on group calls where there are both men and women: "Return to office means I'm going to have to learn how to walk in heels again" or "WFH has been great because we don't have to put makeup on".

I'm all for embracing your femininity, but it's cringe when there are males on the call. Maybe it's just me. I wear heels and put makeup too when we're in the office, but I would never comment on this even with female colleagues.

Perhaps it's the INTJ in me.
Sorry but…!

6D466C25-3F9B-4EC9-B08C-AA431749AD39.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

Hurrah54

VIP Member
Sorry if this has been covered but I want to know if I'm tight or not with leaving collection money 😂

My department is having real issues with staff turnover at the moment and it's beyond ridiculous.
In the past 8 months, 16 people have left (and 4 on mat leave and 2 weddings so they had collections). It might not sound a lot but there's only 36 in a the department so it's a big chunk.

How much do people usually put in a leaving collection thing? Sometimes I've barely worked with the person directly and even more so I covid wfh I've never met them! I used to put £5 in but now it's £3 but it's still adding up...

Pre covid a colleague had a 'work stag' (is that even a thing?!) And we all had to chip in and pay for his cocktail making class and his meal and this stupid outfit... Best bit is none of us were invited to the actual wedding..

I dunno if I'm just a tight bitch but it's really adding up to be a lot of money now 😬 I don't earn a lot.

• Wow
  • Haha

TheGlossy

VIP Member
The worst are the people that steal your items from your desk and drawers. Someone tea leafed my last ameretto nespresso capsule. Work provide some but not the yummy flavours so I'll bring some of my faves in from home. It was actually in my desk drawer. Wtf why do people go in drawers.
I once left a brand new bottle of perfume on my desk (it wasn't a tester, it was a full bottle). Went into work one day, it was gone. I certainly didn't take it home as I already had a spare one. Thieves are the worst, I swear. If you can't behave respectfully and be trustworthy at work, then I wonder about the type of person you actually are. It's scary people to think like this are walking around the office. Going into people's drawers is a huge breach of privacy - unacceptable is an understatement.

• Wow
  • Sad

jaymie

VIP Member
Not too sure how is the best way to explain this, but people who gives order in an email to directed to you. For example:

Dear client,

We will be sorting this out for you by Friday

@coworker please can you sort this out for Client as soon as you can, and copy me in

Best wishes,
Annoying twat

• Haha
  • Heart

jaymie

VIP Member
Oooh another Tattle thread that will keep me occupied for ages!

1. People who don't understand what the Busy button on MS Teams means.
2. People who don't save documents in shared locations.
3. People who put things like Hello or Please Help as their email subject lines and then expect you to find that email which was actually about a tender or a contract again months later.
4. People who say they really care about your mental health but then give you extra work for no extra money and complain when you say you are stressed and need help or time off.

I'm sure some of you have raised some of the same but I didn't read every single previous post... yet!
In my old place, we have Mental Health first aider. The people that signed up…guess it…the most toxic people you can find, the shit stirrer in the office.

• Heart

Rxt156

VIP Member
I hate when colleagues get tooooo personal. We are only friends because I see you every day. I don’t care what you did at the weekend and/or about your husbands birthday balloons please shut up 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

Tanne1999

VIP Member
Been at my new job a few weeks and all they do is hag each other off behind each other’s back. There’s only four of us and I constantly wonder what they say about me behind my back 😔

I don’t want to go in for my shift tomorrow and I’ve got job interviews lined up. This isn’t how I imagined my first few weeks going. 😅
Update - I’ve left and now have two jobs! One is work from home as a customer service agent, the other is at a Christmas market as a barista. Thank god I’m outta there!!

• Heart

Winners_Song

VIP Member
I am continually appalled at the warped expectation to pay in to various collections for colleagues that I have no relationship with outside of work! My rule is: if we are actually colleagues and friends, then I will do a token of thanks to them if they are leaving, but I really don't agree with birthday/wedding/life event donations. The peer pressure element of it is horrible and so unfair of low-earning colleagues. I was asked last week if I wanted to contribute to my Manager's wedding present (he has never spoken to me about his life outside of work). He also earns approx. £60K more than me and is a crap manager. I just ignored the email!

In the past I've politely declined to join birthday clubs/collections and I've always felt much better after asserting this professional boundary!

gingerteacup

Chatty Member
People boasting at work. One person at my work kept talking about how they got approved for a mortgage and every now and again say “I’ve heard from my mortgage advisors” and complete the paper work in the office. Mega embarrassing, no one really cares.

Expectation to attend meals and nights out. I don’t like the people I work with, I don’t want to participate in fake, forced fun. Especially when people go OTT which lots of mains, endless drinks and you’re all expected to split the bill when it’s massively unfair.

Ditto about what others stated about birthdays etc. I don’t want to buy flowers, or put money in a kitty for others. You’re always made to feel bad about it too, but it seems to be selective people that get the works done for them. You either do it for everyone or no one.

The classic passing someone in a corridor and them asking if you’re alright which is always followed by a “Yeah, you”. Why botherasking, you don’t really care. Just a smile will suffice.

People coming into your office for a chat when you’re very clearly busy and not getting the hint followed by proceeding to chat to you about mindless drivel.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

CatCafe234

VIP Member
Same story here! The hilarious (*sarcasm*) thing was, the MH first aider was installed when I was signed off for 6 months with - you guessed it - mental health issues. When I returned no-one mentioned this position existed or told me who it was. I was then signed off again with the same problem. A month or so into my second sick leave I having a nosey on the company website when I saw in the "news" section this bitch being announced as MH first aider, with a fanfare, several months previously..

Not that I would have gone to her (no way would she have been able to cope with my problems) but it was just one in a long line of things not communicated with me.

I've left now and feel better for not having those people in my life!
I have to admit I find a lot of what workplaces do around MH support to be poor. I really struggle with the ‘wellbeing‘ approach which seems to just push everything back on to the individual - struggling to cope? Well, YOU need to be more resilient, go on a course. Got too heavy a workload? Do some self-care, when did YOU last got for walk or take a bubble bath? I get that there’s a place for this but I think sometimes that putting everything on individuals gets companies off the hook a bit in terms of looking at workloads, employment issues and general workplace behaviours that cause so much stress. Me taking a bubble bath won’t reduce my workload when we’re understaffed, and it won’t stop someone bullying me if those behaviours are tolerated right through the organisation. All it does is make me feel worse because it suggests I’m not doing enough to solve issues that aren’t things I can control. ‘Wellbeing’ has become such a buzzword over the pandemic but it’s a really surface-level way of supporting staff whose MH is suffering.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Tree_

VIP Member
The worst are the people that steal your items from your desk and drawers. Someone tea leafed my last ameretto nespresso capsule. Work provide some but not the yummy flavours so I'll bring some of my faves in from home. It was actually in my desk drawer. Wtf why do people go in drawers.

• Wow
  • Sad

JOHN1967

VIP Member
Today was the funeral of my dear neighbour's husband and when she checked her phone after the service (which she only did as someone she was expecting to see hadn't turned up), there were three voicemail messages from someone at her work, demanding that she call them back because only two people know how to do a certain piece to wrap up end of month procedures and they needed the information "STAT." Why didn't they call the other person? Because they're having a "well-deserved day off after carrying the workload of two people for a good week while you've been away." (That bit was included in the third message). The gall of it! I have offered to call this person back on my neighbour's behalf to give them a piece of my mind! (She's thinking about it). And no, this is NOT urgent - it's something that has to be done within 10 days of the new month. :mad: She is going to hand in her resignation when she returns on Monday (good!).

As if having her husband pass away unexpectedly (in his sleep, from an aneurysm) wasn't tough enough to deal with ... I've said it once and will say it again, I think many people have become bitter and lacking in compassion since the emergence of Covid.
Nothing to do with Covid, they are just selfish. I would find it hard to call someone in this situation even if it was urgent. I really don't understand how someone could do this .