Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This was similar to me last year. I had a special birthday during lockdown and our office were all on furlough so I received nothing. Yet my manager and another member of staff also had special birthdays just after mine and they both received gifts and cards šŸ™„
My 50th birthday was on Jan 8 this year, during lockdown and I didn't even get a card. A couple of weeks later, it was someone else's 50th who was in the office and their desk was decorated and got loads of presents. This then went on the group whatsapp so I replied "thank duck I was working from home so I didn't have to deal with this on my 50th" just to guilt trip my colleagues and it totally worked. Mwah ha ha ha.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
There's one colleague who always speaks over everyone on zoom and I just can't stand it. Or he'll enter the meeting late and stops it to ask for help.

Reactions: 2
I forgot..when weā€™re in a team meeting & the usual attention seeker asks the manager if they can stay online after the team call to discuss something. Every single meeting.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I forgot..when weā€™re in a team meeting & the usual attention seeker asks the manager if they can stay online after the team call to discuss something. Every single meeting.
The colleague who turns up late does this too!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
When my senior sends me Instant Messages to ask if I am joining the Microsoft Teams meeting after me not answering more than once. Iā€™m clearly otherwise occupied with a client on the phone.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I work in logistics- the staff in the daytime have a habit of over booking our night staff- to the point where getting work covered is impossible. This has been mentioned countless times and no one listens. I feel that there is the attitude of ''not my shift-not my problem'' the fact is most people are looking to cover their own backs-avoid accountability- this team spirit lark is a load of nonsense. Everyone is out for themselves.

Today:

Auditing some financial models - I requested some financial statements to the business segment we're "auditing". The senior manager from my team was in cc' and reverted back to me saying the financials statements can be found of some online platform. I thanked them for letting me know and said I would download the information myself then. In the meantime, I reached out to the business contact I had previously emailed telling them to disregard my request.

A few minutes later, the senior manager in my team sends me an email and says: "Also, please, don't forget to tell the business contact you no longer need them to provide you with the statements".

Smh. I'm not an idiot or a 12 year old. This is what happens when you work a more junior role than you skill-set with almost 7 years of professional experience. Ridiculous. You're not teaching me anything I don't know - I've dealt with MDs, directors and partners. I know how to deal with VP.

Reactions: 8
Today:

Auditing some financial models - I requested some financial statements to the business segment we're "auditing". The senior manager from my team was in cc' and reverted back to me saying the financials statements can be found of some online platform. I thanked them for letting me know and said I would download the information myself then. In the meantime, I reached out to the business contact I had previously emailed telling them to disregard my request.

A few minutes later, the senior manager in my team sends me an email and says: "Also, please, don't forget to tell the business contact you no longer need them to provide you with the statements".

Smh. I'm not an idiot or a 12 year old. This is what happens when you work a more junior role than you skill-set with almost 7 years of professional experience. Ridiculous. You're not teaching me anything I don't know - I've dealt with MDs, directors and partners. I know how to deal with VP.
Micro managing. Awful šŸ˜”

• Angry
Reactions: 8
We (posters here) may be scattered throughout the world, yet we're united in our frustrations ...

At one of my client sites, there is a really bitchy older man who snipes about everyone behind their backs. Whenever he comes into the office (just now and again), the tension is palpable. It feels very much like he comes in, ruffles feathers and turns everyone against each other (oh, he'll just come right out and say stuff like, "1001 said you're lazy," to someone I've hardly said "boo" too, when I did no such thing), then tottles off and enjoys the rest of his day. It's a complicated situation as he used to own one of the businesses who share the tenancies (but due to the way he carries on you'd be forgiven for thinking he did own, and still owns, all the businesses in the tenancies), plus he owns all the buildings on the block, so he can do what he likes. But when he comes into my client's site and rustles through the files ... well, that's inappropriate and has nothing to do with him! They're too scared to say anything. He sold the business he did own, some years back yet is still telling the new owners how to run their operations. Weirdo.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
We (posters here) may be scattered throughout the world, yet we're united in our frustrations ...

At one of my client sites, there is a really bitchy older man who snipes about everyone behind their backs. Whenever he comes into the office (just now and again), the tension is palpable. It feels very much like he comes in, ruffles feathers and turns everyone against each other (oh, he'll just come right out and say stuff like, "1001 said you're lazy," to someone I've hardly said "boo" too, when I did no such thing), then tottles off and enjoys the rest of his day. It's a complicated situation as he used to own one of the businesses who share the tenancies (but due to the way he carries on you'd be forgiven for thinking he did own, and still owns, all the businesses in the tenancies), plus he owns all the buildings on the block, so he can do what he likes. But when he comes into my client's site and rustles through the files ... well, that's inappropriate and has nothing to do with him! They're too scared to say anything. He sold the business he did own, some years back yet is still telling the new owners how to run their operations. Weirdo.
Wow thatā€™s a difficult situation to manage.

Wow thatā€™s a difficult situation to manage.
I suggested to my client that they look for new office space, but there isn't a lot to be had in this particular town. Everyone dreads his visits, and there's no quick way to escape when they do see his car pull up, as there's one door and flight of stairs in and out.

• Sad
Iā€™m sure Iā€™m not the only one who feels like this - I really value my lunch break, itā€™s time to myself to rest and reset. I spend my whole work day talking so that hour of peace is golden!
I dread a work acquaintance saying ā€˜ooh letā€™s go for lunch togetherā€™, or someone spotting me in the lunch room and coming to sit with me.
I have a handful of good work friends that I absolutely wouldnā€™t mind lunching with (although even then I would still choose to lunch alone šŸ™ˆ) but I donā€™t want to make small talk about work and the weather with someone I barely know and donā€™t particularly care about šŸ˜­ let me have my peaceful hour!

Same goes for when I spot a work acquaintance on public transport on my way to/from work - I just think to myself please god donā€™t come over and strike up a conversation, or weā€™re going to have to make small talk for the next 15 minutes over the noise of the tube/bus and I really really cba šŸ˜­

I sound so antisocial donā€™t I šŸ˜†
I go and sit in my car on my break. I lie and say Iā€™m FaceTiming home, but I want silence!

Thereā€™s a couple of girls in the office who will bring their toddlers in for like 30 mins during the morning or afternoon and then I have to listen to a screaming kid and everyone ā€œoohā€ing and ā€œahhā€ing. Drives me bleeping nuts
I have a toddler and he would be a twit in work!!!

Stick their nose in and act like theyā€™re the manager when they arenā€™t.

Reactions: 9
I popped into work to do some things earlier and there was a guy sleeping under the reception desk (shared tenancy; he works for one of the other businesses). I didn't want to ask him what he was doing, nor do I care, but I ended up grabbing my stuff and racing out of there - the whole situation seemed very off.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
When someone who is normally really polite & says "Hi" and "Thank you", has a suddenly attitude change and comes back different after their AL and just says "Name, it's not my responsibility". I really can't deal with people's attitudes no more.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
When someone who is normally really polite & says "Hi" and "Thank you", has a suddenly attitude change and comes back different after their AL and just says "Name, it's not my responsibility". I really can't deal with people's attitudes no more.
Or vice versa: someone who is normally a prick starts buttering you up or being overly nice because they want something from you. I donā€™t know what is worseā€¦

Reactions: 14
One of my colleagues was sat today in a vest top smoking a "nicotine free cig" and I didn't know where to look. He looked so relaxed like he was on holiday and not a comms meeting. Idek if it annoyed or made me laugh at this point. šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Forgetting that Google exists and using me as their personal search engine.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.