Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People who hum in the office does my head in.
Argh, guilty 🙈 I try SO hard not to do it cos I do my own bleeping head in, trust me 😅 but then I worry if it’s even more annoying that I hum for 1-2 seconds at a time and then stop myself?! 😂 I always have a song stuck in my head!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
There’s a couple of girls in the office who will bring their toddlers in for like 30 mins during the morning or afternoon and then I have to listen to a screaming kid and everyone “ooh”ing and “ahh”ing. Drives me bleeping nuts

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
A man from another organisation who shares office space with the client I spend time with at various points during the week, brought his very adorable dog in ... well I thought he was adorable until he peed all over my handbag! To top it off, when I arrived at my client's site, there was a car parked in my space so I had to park elsewhere, getting an $80 ticket in the process (I didn't know it was for employees of a nearby business). Turns out it was this man who parked in my space, and then his bloody dog peed all over my beloved handbag (which was tucked in under my desk). I will be sending him the bill for both - the bag cost over $200 and that stench will never come out. Furthermore, the contents of my bag are now ruined.

There were pee marks in the carpet near the entranceway a few weeks ago which nobody would admit to - I bet it was this man!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Those types who takes ages to reply to an email yet when they send an email they start hassling you if you don't get back to them within 15 mins. Piss off 😡!!!!

Reactions: 17
Those types who takes ages to reply to an email yet when they send an email they start hassling you if you don't get back to them within 15 mins. Piss off 😡!!!!
This is my work right now. There’s a proper black cloud vibe and I think it’s because exec are wanting management to do jobs they've neglected and it’s rocked the boat. So that means people like me wait forever for info or get asked for the impossible with a deadline of yesterday. Fed up of people flapping because board asks them for something.

Reactions: 4
This is my work right now. There’s a proper black cloud vibe and I think it’s because exec are wanting management to do jobs they've neglected and it’s rocked the boat. So that means people like me wait forever for info or get asked for the impossible with a deadline of yesterday. Fed up of people flapping because board asks them for something.
We're the same at my work but it is because we are so short staffed. We've got clients chasing us for info and we can't get hold of anyone to get the info, or when we do they're too busy to have even looked at what we need because they're doing 10 people's jobs

Reactions: 1
We're the same at my work but it is because we are so short staffed. We've got clients chasing us for info and we can't get hold of anyone to get the info, or when we do they're too busy to have even looked at what we need because they're doing 10 people's jobs
Oh yes, same. We’ve been way under capacity for almost a year now. Getting really fed up of some management being pissy with us though instead of going to board and telling them to put their money where their mouth is. You can’t expect x, y and z if you’ve not got the resources 😩

Reactions: 3
The following:

You need person A to complete something for you, so you can deliver something for person B. You send an email to person A requesting XYZ to be completed and you cc' person B. Person A responds and also cc's person B and confirms whatever you requested is done. Person A sent the email towards the end of the day and you're already caught up with something else, so you intend on sending your deliverable to person B first thing in the morning as you also need to properly cross-check what person A did.

Person B decides to forward you the completion email from person A (which you already got) at 6pm to ask you to provide your deliverable,

This drives me absolutely INSANE. I know, I saw the original email from person A. I'm however working on five other urgent tasks and this task is only me supporting someone on a volunteer basis. I also have my work to do, so please, STAY IN YOUR LANE. No need to forward me an email I already got to give me instructions I already know I need to complete.

Or people who talk to themselves ... including full-on back and forth dialogue!

We have a new man who likes to show us all how clever he is with "Ask Google" and talks to her all day. It's not even relevant stuff to his job - he'll say, "Hey Google, are you having a nice day?" to which she'll respond with her robotic voice and he'll just keep on talking to her. Odd fellow.
I have to say I'm guilty of talking to myself. I just can't contain myself, sometimes I need to talk to myself to understand what I'm doing or re-organize my thoughts.

Last edited:
I often put headphones in if I have a important task to complete so that I can concentrate and there's always one co-worker who will come over for a general chit chat when they can see I'm trying to get something important done

When you say 'did you have a good weekend' just to be polite and half and hour later they're still jabbering on about how much washing they managed to get done, what bargains they got at home sense and how 'our julie' had a row with 'our darren'

😴😴😴😴😴

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I often put headphones in if I have a important task to complete so that I can concentrate and there's always one co-worker who will come over for a general chit chat when they can see I'm trying to get something important done
It's funny how many old fuddy duddies assume you're listening to music when you pop your headphones on to block out all the noise.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Collections:

I have been at the company two years, several people have left, had babies, got engaged/married etc and I have contributed to most of those collections. I’ve missed about 5 (one I deliberately missed because I didn’t like the person but the rest was due to Annual Leave or sickness absence) and for two years I have never had anything for my birthday as it falls as a Bank Holiday. Now, I don’t give to receive but I have forked out more than £200 to not even get a card posted to me.

I did think to stop contributing but I thought that responding that my birthday has been missed twice would make me sound like a petulant child so here we are and I guarantee that I get nothing this year.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
Collections:

I have been at the company two years, several people have left, had babies, got engaged/married etc and I have contributed to most of those collections. I’ve missed about 5 (one I deliberately missed because I didn’t like the person but the rest was due to Annual Leave or sickness absence) and for two years I have never had anything for my birthday as it falls as a Bank Holiday. Now, I don’t give to receive but I have forked out more than £200 to not even get a card posted to me.

I did think to stop contributing but I thought that responding that my birthday has been missed twice would make me sound like a petulant child so here we are and I guarantee that I get nothing this year.
This was similar to me last year. I had a special birthday during lockdown and our office were all on furlough so I received nothing. Yet my manager and another member of staff also had special birthdays just after mine and they both received gifts and cards 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 9
This was similar to me last year. I had a special birthday during lockdown and our office were all on furlough so I received nothing. Yet my manager and another member of staff also had special birthdays just after mine and they both received gifts and cards 🙄
It just makes me feel less valued. I have a birthday in the “Christmas Holidays” and everyone but one person was back in the office so I wish that I could say that COVID-19 was the problem both times but it wasn’t. I am sorry that you have experienced this too. 😔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
People that use the last item of something and never think to replace it 😬. Drives me bonkers! Lack of support from the management, can go a week without seeing them 🤷‍♀️

• Sad
I used to work with a woman who would use the phrase "with regards to" as punctuation. Drove me mad. She also DID NOT SHUT UP. It'd be like 10 to 8 in the morning and she'd be asking you what you're having for your tea

Now I work with a man who has been WFH 4 days a week and only in the office for one, even on his first week. He constantly asks questions, but questions that I've already answered, or that are on the intranet, or that a quick Google could answer. He also comes and taps on your desk when you're in a Teams meeting to ask if you're in a Teams meeting. No Steve, just sitting here with a screenshot of 9 faces on the screen and my headset on for shits and giggles.

I'm glad he's WFH 4 days a week, I couldn't cope with having to be in his presence any longer. You know when you just take an instant dislike to someone and the very fact that they exist gets under your skin? It's that.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
When you say 'did you have a good weekend' just to be polite and half and hour later they're still jabbering on about how much washing they managed to get done, what bargains they got at home sense and how 'our julie' had a row with 'our darren'

😴😴😴😴😴
This is the main reason why I NEVER ask anyone at work this question, not even those I consider my work friends! On top of that it’s a totally banal question. I absolutely dread being asked it myself *shudders*

For those who love the sound of their own voice it’s the dream question 🤣 you’ll often find those people are the ones who ask it, just so they can be asked it back - it give them an ‘in’ to launch into their life stories.

Reactions: 6
This is the main reason why I NEVER ask anyone at work this question, not even those I consider my work friends! On top of that it’s a totally banal question. I absolutely dread being asked it myself *shudders*

For those who love the sound of their own voice it’s the dream question 🤣 you’ll often find those people are the ones who ask it, just so they can be asked it back - it give them an ‘in’ to launch into their life stories.
I had a person at work complain to her manager that no one ever asked her about her weekend!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.