Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

WilmaHun

VIP Member
When you show someone how to do something, ask if they understand and they confirm they do then they ask two days later how to do that very thing

Reactions: 18

TheGlossy

VIP Member
I forgot..when we’re in a team meeting & the usual attention seeker asks the manager if they can stay online after the team call to discuss something. Every single meeting.

• Haha

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
Receiving a lecture from the apprentice every time I print something that I am 'killing the planet' . Next thing she's showing me all the cheap clothes she's ordered from China 🤦‍♀️ 🙄

• Haha

DinosaursLayEggs

Came back from two weeks annual leave to find SIX emails from a colleague asking to swap a shift next week. Mate, my out of office was on telling you exactly which date I’d be returning, why did you need to email me six times?! But also no, I won’t cover your shift because you make excuses every time you’re supposed to return the favour

• Angry

Phoenix Lazarus

VIP Member
I had a colleague who talked constantly in our open plan office. Her wedding, house renovations, husband blah blah blah. It was a relief to WFH.
When I was doing a temp job in an office, once, someone commented that I didn't say much. I replied that they more than made up for anyone else not talking - and that was true!

• Haha
Reactions: 17

WilmaHun

VIP Member
When you say "Morning" and they don't even look up from their desk let alone offer you a reply. Nobody likes Monday's but manners cost nothing. Have the decency to answer me at least.

• Angry
  • Sad

Underhiseye

Chatty Member
The woman who sits next to me at work keeps trying to be my best friend. We have nothing in common, don’t even work together I have just ended up next to her. Every food I mention, she suggests her cooking it for me at her house. If she overhears I’m free one evening she’s inviting me round. It’s got to the point that I’m inventing fake plans every day of the week and I can’t keep up with my own lies anymore.
I know I should tell her to back off but she’s the sort of person to complain to HR about everyone and cries at the smallest things and I just can’t bring myself to put us through that 🙈

• Haha
  • Wow

Mrs Cucumber

VIP Member
I'm the youngest in my work place by 20 years, they are lovely ladies and hard workers but I swear at least once every day they all say its their last day and they won't be in tomorrow as they are fed up with it. Next day without fail they are there 🤣 just quit!

• Haha

WilmaHun

VIP Member
I totally get where you are coming from, but I am also that person sometimes. I can see how I look like a twat, but on the flip side, I really don't like being *forced* to say morning to people. I just don't see that it is necessary, to me it feels a bit like we're all trying to be in the Waltons. I don't necessarily get on with everyone at my work and I'd frankly just rather come in and get my head down.
Having said that, while I definitely prefer not to do the Morning thing, if someone directly addresses me I will not ignore them. But I might say it back in a grumpy way, which is still a bit twattish I guess.
I so appreciate your point, but I reiterate - manners cost nothing. I work in a tiny office, it's only me and my boss and sometimes a part timer will be in. If it's just me and him in for the whole day, I can sometimes go a full day without receiving any verbal communication from him, even when I try talk to him. It's just rude imo.

• Wow

Rxt156

VIP Member
Give unsolicited advice. Sometimes I just want to have a whinge without everyone trying to fix my problems JUST LET ME SUFFER

• Haha
  • Heart

Debtex

I had a completely horrible manager who lacked even a shred of empathy . Whilst waiting for my breast cancer test results I had to endure her ‘forgetting ‘ when my appointment was and her booking me in for meetings on the day of my results. During my long course of chemo at my very weakest with no hair , she summoned me to my sickness review in person at a fire station . (I worked for a fire service) She kept me waiting outside in the freezing cold and then at the beginning of the meeting announced she was moving to New Zealand to start a fantastic new life over there . Every now and again there was a bit of simpering about me having cancer and ‘being brave’ and then it was back to her wonderful life again . It was hard to work out if she was doing all this on purpose . New Zealand is welcome to her .

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad

Tanne1999

VIP Member
Rude managers. I posted something in our work chat today after noticing an issue with a system we use - our manager usually takes a good 45 mins to respond to queries about things, so I just put a ‘heads up’ in the chat to alert people and a possible solution/way around the issue that I had found until it had been properly rectified

Just to get a call two minutes later from said manager. Saying that it’s not my place to make announcements, I don’t know what I’m doing, I’m more than welcome to do his job if I think I’m better at it, and that I need to learn my place in the company.

I’ve only been there two weeks and I’ve absolutely busted my arse for them. Worked 57 hours this week - including one of my days off, stayed past my shift finish time a few times to help catch up with emails. I work so hard for the company. I’ve done more hours in one week than most people have done in two weeks.

I deal with shitty customers all day and get enough abuse from them. Just for my manager to treat me like shit for trying to help people.

So from now on, I’m doing the bare minimum, keeping myself to myself, and only doing overtime when I want to, not when I’m asked.

• Angry
  • Heart

Dirtyhorseshoes

VIP Member
Those types who takes ages to reply to an email yet when they send an email they start hassling you if you don't get back to them within 15 mins. Piss off 😡!!!!

"We NEED to be in the office and we NEED to see each other and TALK otherwise we can't work together properly." Stop whining as if you have been in solitary confinement for years. We don't "need" to be anywhere or working face to face

• Heart
Reactions: 16

LaFeeVerte

Yes!!! Especially when they give it all the big one in interview and then hate working with people and the role involves directly working as a team on a daily basis.

It creates tension on the team etc.
I'm really not a people person and I own that. I'm professional and helpful towards others but I genuinely don't enjoy teamwork. Thankfully in my role teamwork is not an every day occurrence. I wish corporate companies wouldn't ram all this OTT team stuff down everyone's throats. Team engagement this, team building that, daily scrums, weekly checkins, endless town halls, after work drinks, weekend motivational shite. I get that it's necessary "to a degree" to foster collaboration in certain teams, but the one big happy family vibe is overkill and draining for people who are not that way inclined. Some of us just want to get the work done and go home to focus on something else.

• Heart

Peaches_xox

VIP Member
Somebody I work with is off on leave this week, we already work together as in share accounts.
An email will be sent to both of us from a client.
Colleague will reply "Hi Bob, Peaches will pick this up for you. Hi Peaches, please can you work on this for Bob'
Then a reply will come in 'Thanks Jim, sorry to disturb your leave'
Colleague will reply 'Oh no problem Bob, btw Peaches to do this you just need to do x y z'

FIRSTLY, I received the original email so there was no need to ask me to pick it up.
SECONDLY, you are clogging up my inbox with this crap
THIRDLY, you are mugging me off, I know how to do this job. If you want to do it, come back from leave and do it??

• Haha

1001 others

VIP Member
A man from another organisation who shares office space with the client I spend time with at various points during the week, brought his very adorable dog in ... well I thought he was adorable until he peed all over my handbag! To top it off, when I arrived at my client's site, there was a car parked in my space so I had to park elsewhere, getting an $80 ticket in the process (I didn't know it was for employees of a nearby business). Turns out it was this man who parked in my space, and then his bloody dog peed all over my beloved handbag (which was tucked in under my desk). I will be sending him the bill for both - the bag cost over $200 and that stench will never come out. Furthermore, the contents of my bag are now ruined.

There were pee marks in the carpet near the entranceway a few weeks ago which nobody would admit to - I bet it was this man!

• Wow
  • Angry

Tanne1999

VIP Member
Our managers expect us in 15 mins before our shifts start. We get a disciplinary if we’re ‘late’

So if we’re scheduled to start at 9am, we are expected in at 8.45am. If we’re not in by then, we get written up.

• Wow
  • Angry