Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg yes, or people who email/IM me to ask when I’m free. You can literally see my diary.
Also talking of calls, people who video call you with no warning when I’ve got no make up on, hair scraped on top of my head and mouthful of biscuit. At least drop me a message first, I always ask ‘are you free for me to call’ 🙄
But they can see your diary so why message 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
When you return from annual leave and before you’ve even had a chance to settle back in somebody is like ‘hi good time off. Quick one…’ erm hello I have just remembered my password and that I work here GIVE ME A SECOND.

Happened to me via WhatsApp on Monday. My reply was ‘I don’t know. I’ve just logged on. I have 600 emails’ which translates to duck OFF.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
When you return from annual leave and before you’ve even had a chance to settle back in somebody is like ‘hi good time off. Quick one…’ erm hello I have just remembered my password and that I work here GIVE ME A SECOND.

Happened to me via WhatsApp on Monday. My reply was ‘I don’t know. I’ve just logged on. I have 600 emails’ which translates to duck OFF.
Haha yes! On my last day before leave, I now block out the first hour of the day I return. I usually make it private, because I know if I label it as 'Catch up time', some idiot will think "oh it's fine to message then".

Of course it doesn't stop everyone (see my earlier rant regarding people who book in meetings without checking availability) but I've noticed it sometimes does.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Haha yes! On my last day before leave, I now block out the first hour of the day I return. I usually make it private, because I know if I label it as 'Catch up time', some idiot will think "oh it's fine to message then".

Of course it doesn't stop everyone (see my earlier rant regarding people who book in meetings without checking availability) but I've noticed it sometimes does.
What a genius idea. Nobody at my workplace even bothers to check anybody’s diary ever. I often just put myself on do not disturb .. not cos I’m really busy or anything. I just cba talking ever 😅😅

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The worst:
  • When somebody sends you an email at 4.30pm the day before you're due back from AL, then send you another chaser at 10am the following day as you've returned from AL an hour ago. Cherry on top, their email pertains to someone else's work and you've got no business in this.
  • Those who had ALL day to ask you for something and pinged you several times during the day to talk about random stuff, but suddenly realize at 5.30pm on a Friday they need something from you (when 5.30 is your contractual finish time).
Moving forward, I'm putting myself in DND from 5pm on to make sure I'm able to log off on time and the morning back from AL.

Eff off these people with no common sense. I bet they'd have a conniption if someone did the same to them.

Reactions: 7
Our supervisor decided to randomly leave 30 minutes early today because we were all basically killing time until 5 and benevolently informed us that we too can leave "25 minutes later" 😂 Thanks mate, you sure are feeling generous today.

• Haha
Females on group calls where there are both men and women: "Return to office means I'm going to have to learn how to walk in heels again" or "WFH has been great because we don't have to put makeup on".

I'm all for embracing your femininity, but it's cringe when there are males on the call. Maybe it's just me. I wear heels and put makeup too when we're in the office, but I would never comment on this even with female colleagues.

Perhaps it's the INTJ in me.
Sorry but…!

6D466C25-3F9B-4EC9-B08C-AA431749AD39.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Sigh. One can't say anything anymore. :cry:

By the way, just noting I used the term "males" to designate men, just saying. I also used "women" and "men" in the same comment. There's nothing to it really!

Is "females" a offensive word now? I don't get the joke, sorry 🙃

Only chauvinistic backwards men would interpret this "female" word differently (in a derogatory sexualized way) - probably like those two in the picture LOL.

Last edited:
Currently dealing with a grumpy manager who takes his bad moods out on me 🙄. He has such a weird vibe, not great.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
The lazy ones who just hardly do anything but make out they are busy and hard workers! We've got a few of them!

I worked in the care industry pre pandemic, I'm just about to start my new job as a chef soon.

The company were a complete joke, told me they had arranged a training course for me, which was in the next town so I biked at 6:30am to get there for around 8am to to be told they hadn't booked it.

They never listened to when I wasn't able to work they knew I had other commitments.
Half the staff smoked weed, or snorted coke while on shift before going into people's homes , someone admitted stealing some of the dogs and money.

Sent me to jobs that where no where near each other and rang to complain if you weren't there in 10 minutes.

There was a lady who was rude to me more than once and they would listen to me when I said I don't want to attend that call twice but still tried to send me

• Wow
  • Sad
The worst:
  • When somebody sends you an email at 4.30pm the day before you're due back from AL, then send you another chaser at 10am the following day as you've returned from AL an hour ago. Cherry on top, their email pertains to someone else's work and you've got no business in this.
  • Those who had ALL day to ask you for something and pinged you several times during the day to talk about random stuff, but suddenly realize at 5.30pm on a Friday they need something from you (when 5.30 is your contractual finish time).
Moving forward, I'm putting myself in DND from 5pm on to make sure I'm able to log off on time and the morning back from AL.

Eff off these people with no common sense. I bet they'd have a conniption if someone did the same to them.
They do lack common sense, but for me, it's more about disorganisation/bad planning. They don't think ahead.

I don't have a contractual end time, but I like to log off between 5pm and 5:30pm as I've always done more than the minimum hours by then. On Friday I sometimes try and log off a bit earlier, but yesterday I was still on at around 5:15pm and a colleague sent me an IM on Teams. I can tell from the preview it's nothing important, so I left it unread and logged off. Would have made much more sense for them to send it on Monday morning, but they don't think like that. :D I like the DND idea.

Reactions: 2
I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels like this - I really value my lunch break, it’s time to myself to rest and reset. I spend my whole work day talking so that hour of peace is golden!
I dread a work acquaintance saying ‘ooh let’s go for lunch together’, or someone spotting me in the lunch room and coming to sit with me.
I have a handful of good work friends that I absolutely wouldn’t mind lunching with (although even then I would still choose to lunch alone 🙈) but I don’t want to make small talk about work and the weather with someone I barely know and don’t particularly care about 😭 let me have my peaceful hour!

Same goes for when I spot a work acquaintance on public transport on my way to/from work - I just think to myself please god don’t come over and strike up a conversation, or we’re going to have to make small talk for the next 15 minutes over the noise of the tube/bus and I really really cba 😭

I sound so antisocial don’t I 😆
I am very much like this! I am a teacher and get a very limited amount of time to myself during the day as I have a complex class of children with additional needs. I absolutely love my job and my kids, much of the time I eat my lunch with them as they don’t often want to go to the lunch hall as it’s so noisy and that is absolutely fine with me, but if I do happen to get 15 min break to eat something and have a bit of peace I absolutely hate it when colleagues come and sit with me and say “ I know you’re eating your lunch but” and proceed to start talking about work, pupils, planning etc etc. Sometimes I must come across as so rude but I just try to shut it down 😂 I’ve started hiding in some really bizarre places to eat but they still find me 🤣

Reactions: 5
I work remotely now thank god but in my last job it was male colleagues just talking about bloody football all the time

Reactions: 3
They do lack common sense, but for me, it's more about disorganisation/bad planning. They don't think ahead.

I don't have a contractual end time, but I like to log off between 5pm and 5:30pm as I've always done more than the minimum hours by then. On Friday I sometimes try and log off a bit earlier, but yesterday I was still on at around 5:15pm and a colleague sent me an IM on Teams. I can tell from the preview it's nothing important, so I left it unread and logged off. Would have made much more sense for them to send it on Monday morning, but they don't think like that. :D I like the DND idea.
You'd think remote working would minimize annoyances, but it made them worse because no longer have any sense of boundaries and expect you to be on 24/7.

Reactions: 7
Ive been on annual leave for a week. Checked emails yesterday to see how many I am walking into on Monday. One team mate who was told several times not to offer any information on my work in a group mailbox sent me an email to say he saved me loads of time and replied to most of them but left a few as urgent as he didnt know how to answer them. That is exactly why the manager told him not to touch them.
She is off for another week and I will be emailing her on Monday letting her know that he yet again ignored her verbal and written instructions and has made things so much worse for me. I have to untangle the rubbish he told them and try work out where I am. It would have been easier to reply to 50 emails in a row with correct information than spend days dealing with fallout.

I am very much like this! I am a teacher and get a very limited amount of time to myself during the day as I have a complex class of children with additional needs. I absolutely love my job and my kids, much of the time I eat my lunch with them as they don’t often want to go to the lunch hall as it’s so noisy and that is absolutely fine with me, but if I do happen to get 15 min break to eat something and have a bit of peace I absolutely hate it when colleagues come and sit with me and say “ I know you’re eating your lunch but” and proceed to start talking about work, pupils, planning etc etc. Sometimes I must come across as so rude but I just try to shut it down 😂 I’ve started hiding in some really bizarre places to eat but they still find me 🤣
Sit in your car

Reactions: 3
By the way, just noting I used the term "males" to designate men, just saying. I also used "women" and "men" in the same comment. There's nothing to it really!
I expect you meant absolutely nothing by it but "females" is a really common way that incel-type men derisively refer to women online in misogynistic women-hating spaces to dehumanise them and make them sound like animals. I'm not saying YOU CAN'T SAY FEMALES HHNNRRGGG but rather this is why you might get a weird reaction when you say it online 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.