Annie Jaffrey

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes true but I think it is all about her skin. If she could eat pasta with a lot of cheese and she wouldn’t break out , she would eat it . But she eats after her skin condition. This is what makes me wonder how someone can be so obsessed with skin?
We live once and even if a perfect evening with friends and a pizza is Breaking you out, so what? You have great memories of that evening .
I never see her doing that kind of things. Also, Mo is going out again alone lately. Are they not eating out ? Perhaps h”a skin matter ...
I think you're right, didn't she say she started eating more fats (while talking about salmon, eggs, turkey and tuna) because she noticed that it improves her skin condition ? She basically stopped being vegan because of her skin (not shading her, I honestly don't care).

The way she's eating now is a huge step forward coming from someone who had such a restrictive diet. I'm glad she indulges more now, she even had real dessert during her honey moon and she makes "normal" basic dishes now such as chicken soup with rice.

Let's not forget that she used to be overweight, I think she'll forever be afraid to go back to that. She was very emotional in her weight loss journey video. I think being overweight and having acne really hit her hard. I do get it, I have friend who had severe acne, I would've never guessed how devastating this could be for someone it killed her self-esteem and made her feel miserable.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I think you're right, didn't she say she started eating more fats (while talking about salmon, eggs, turkey and tuna) because she noticed that it improves her skin condition ? She basically stopped being vegan because of her skin (not shading her, I honestly don't care).

The way she's eating now is a huge step forward coming from someone who had such a restrictive diet. I'm glad she indulges more now, she even had real dessert during her honey moon and she makes "normal" basic dishes now such as chicken soup with rice.

Let's not forget that she used to be overweight, I think she'll forever be afraid to go back to that. She was very emotional in her weight loss journey video. I think being overweight and having acne really hit her hard. I do get it, I have friend who had severe acne, I would've never guessed how devastating this could be for someone it killed her self-esteem and made her feel miserable.
I remember her mentioning The Period Repair Manual book so I think she started eating more fats, meat etc in an effort to fix her hormones, cycles and indirectly her skin. I used to have a super restricted diet like Annie and it had a serious impact on my cycle and if I had kept it up it could have impacted fertility. Since she's been on the pill for years she hasn't had a natural cycle so I can imagine coming off it couple with her strict diet was a huge shock to her body. I looked back at some of her what I eat videos and she barely ate anything..she might have been clean eating but she could also have been malnourished.

I do get/sympathise with her skin obsession.. I know people who've had acne and its made them suicidal. It can have a huge impact on self esteem.

Yes! I mentioned this a few pages ago - I think she's had non invasive/liquid rhinoplasty rather than a surgical one. We all see Annie loves injecting her face. They use derma fillers etc and I think the process takes less than an hour. The results can be really significant and look like you've really had a surgical nose job but there's no down time.

She seems determine to eradicate her more ethnic feautures & I think she wants to look more a bit more European. Considering she's half Swedish I can imagine she laments that she didnt inherit a more Scandinavian look. A shame because Annie used to look really fresh faced and I thought she was beautiful. Shes not ugly now but her face just looks so rigid and harsh, her smiles always look like she's straining her face. I hope pregnancy will soften everything.
She was brought up in Sweden, her mum's Polish and Russian whereas her Dad is Pakistani/Indian/Iranian

Reactions: 2
Ah ok! So no Scandi blood at all
it is very interesting for me how people sell themselves or perhaps are ashamed. Her cousin skeena just says , she is half Pakistani. She even had a Pakistani flag on her insta Profil .
When we start with our descendant story then one from Germany can say , my grand grandpa was Hungarian and moms side polish because of the world war 2 immigration bla bla, but that was looooong ago. Just German , full stop .

the partition of India and Pakistan was 70 years ago. She is just half Pakistani ! Why is she so ashamed of that? She doesn’t speak Urdu , she doesn’t speak German..,

it is very interesting for me how people sell themselves or perhaps are ashamed. Her cousin skeena just says , she is half Pakistani. She even had a Pakistani flag on her insta Profil .
When we start with our descendant story then one from Germany can say , my grand grandpa was Hungarian and moms side polish because of the world war 2 immigration bla bla, but that was looooong ago. Just German , full stop .

the partition of India and Pakistan was 70 years ago. She is just half Pakistani ! Why is she so ashamed of that? She doesn’t speak Urdu , she doesn’t speak German..,
Why would she speak Urdu though? she wasn't raised with the language and I can imagine has no occasion to speak it. Swedish was her first language even before English. She also isn't half Pakistani her father just grew up there - he's Indian/Iranian.

In regards to what I said earlier, I don't actually think Annie is ashamed of her heritage, she seems quite proud that she is of mixed ethnicities, I just get the impression she (like a lot of instagrammers of a similar background) doesn't want to look too ethnic.. she prefers the typical ambiguous instagram exxotical look.

Reactions: 4
i do remember her going raw till 4, even her whole ig was those island girls eating fruit vibes. i also remember that her skin broke out really terribly and she has like acne rashes from her diet. the earth's foods are of course the most healing but it didnt work for her, freelee was just obsessed by that one sentence annie told her about liking raw till 4 in the beginning before her skin started to suffer
I started to follow Annie when she didn't eat a single banana because she said bananas caused her breakouts. I always found was weird she didn't put a single banana on her smoothies. About 1 or 2 years ago she is having a bit of bananas again. Someone asked on the comments if she cured her 'allergie'.

In my opinion Annie is more scared to gain weight than her skin.

its kinda nuts how much Annie is focused on her skin which is basically nearly flawless. Girl, between expensive sceencare, facials, a life of leisure etc, the odd donut is not going to harm you.
With YouTubbers is hard to know the reality. They uses those filters on their videos too. I was surprised last year when Annie made a video showing her real skin (no filter). She posted these photos taking after March 2020 when she stopped to take the pill:

Captura-de-Pantalla-2021-11-04-a-la-s-08-38-38.png

but if you watch her videos from March to November (when she claimed she cleared her skin), her skin looks flawless during that breakout period. Filters? Camera with lenses that make skin always look flawless?

The years I followed Annie there is always a holy grail with her skin every year. Every year there is a video of her saying how bad was her skin x months back (nobody noticed cause the filters) and the video is to tell she finally found her holy grail and is cured. Is an endless story with her skin.

I don't like the way she portraits being perfect and no one knows about what she is going through. But she always do videos to tell she is now "perfectly fine". Would be more relatable if she would take her viewers through the whole process. But what can you expect from perfect-Annie.

Why would she speak Urdu though? she wasn't raised with the language and I can imagine has no occasion to speak it. Swedish was her first language even before English. She also isn't half Pakistani her father just grew up there - he's Indian/Iranian.

In regards to what I said earlier, I don't actually think Annie is ashamed of her heritage, she seems quite proud that she is of mixed ethnicities, I just get the impression she (like a lot of instagrammers of a similar background) doesn't want to look too ethnic.. she prefers the typical ambiguous instagram exxotical look.
Fair point. Skeena wasn't brought up in Pakistan either but she made an attempt to connect with her heritage and embrace it.

She's so interesting, has an actual career and is slaying.

Attachments

Last edited:
I do get/sympathise with her skin obsession.. I know people who've had acne and its made them suicidal. It can have a huge impact on self esteem.
I know what you mean about other people but I don't think Annie's acne has been that bad. She has that skin condition and she get breakouts sometimes. But in my opinion, different to other people she has money. Why hasn't she gone on accutane?. Before you tell me she wants to find a "natural" way someone who constantly uses botox, have had implants and many more can't claim she won't go on accunate cause is not natural.

I understand also accutane affects the body (even can cause depression). But birth control pill messes your hormones too. And she have gone throught the pill for her skin too.

My point it, I strongly beleive that Annie uses her skin for a excuse to restrict her food. I think her weight has been a biggest trauma than her skin. And she should work on that rather than focus on her skin.

I know what you mean about other people but I don't think Annie's acne has been that bad. She has that skin condition and she get breakouts sometimes. But in my opinion, different to other people she has money. Why hasn't she gone on accutane?. Before you tell me she wants to find a "natural" way someone who constantly uses botox, have had implants and many more can't claim she won't go on accunate cause is not natural.

I understand also accutane affects the body (even can cause depression). But birth control pill messes your hormones too. And she have gone throught the pill for her skin too.

My point it, I strongly beleive that Annie uses her skin for a excuse to restrict her food. I think her weight has been a biggest trauma than her skin. And she should work on that rather than focus on her skin.
I totally agree. Acne can be traumatic but she basically had a few breakouts here and there, she uses it as an excuse.

Reactions: 1

She is half Pakistani , she often said it In her QA

I am following her for years and in the beginning are states half Pakistani as skeena, her cousin ( fathers are brothers) did and then shechanged to half Iranian , which was cofusing to me .

anyway the point is, she can make so much out of her background . And this laziness is showing also in her attempt learning German.

Last edited:
  • Heart

I am following her for years and in the beginning are states half Pakistani as skeena, her cousin ( fathers are brothers) did and then shechanged to half Iranian , which was cofusing to me .

anyway the point is, she can make so much out of her background . And this laziness is showing also in her attempt learning German.
That Iranian came out of nowhere...😅 I know exactly what you're referring to and you're right.

Are you sure her and Skeena are really related by blood ? On her blog she said about skeena (she has deleted it now, but you can find it on bloglovin, btw, I would die to know why they're no longer talking to each other !!!) :

We've known each other now for 10 years! It's crazy how time flies by so fast. [...] For those of you who aren't familiar with Skeena, she is one of my besties - we refer to one another as sisters since our families are close :)

Doesn’t sound like they’re related.

As someone who actually has multiple ethnic backgrounds, I can tell you that it’s not always that easy to "make something" out of if because chances are you simply don’t give a tit or you have no connection to it, especially if you’re parents are themself mixed because in that case they probably haven’t that much knowledge about the language and culture either. I have to admit I may sometimes forget to mention some of my ethnical backgrounds (not always the same ones ofc) and it wouldn't be a big deal to me because they simply mean less to me than to the people who want to know.

If she really was ashamed of being Pakistani don't you think she would have taken down the video where she mentions it (like she did with so many others) ... :unsure:.

Last edited:
My boyfriend just glimpsed at the screen and said Annie is so boring you guys would rather discuss her ethnicity etc lol

Honestly I just skipped through her latest day in the life video...snooooooze fest. If you're going to film those type of videos at least do it on a day that is actually eventful. Even the bits that could have been slightly interesting - running errands, going to the bank, post office etc she didnt film! Probably didnt want to show how terrible her German is.

Her viewing figures have dropped a lot recently.

• Haha
My boyfriend just glimpsed at the screen and said Annie is so boring you guys would rather discuss her ethnicity etc lol

Honestly I just skipped through her latest day in the life video...snooooooze fest. If you're going to film those type of videos at least do it on a day that is actually eventful. Even the bits that could have been slightly interesting - running errands, going to the bank, post office etc she didnt film! Probably didnt want to show how terrible her German is.

Her viewing figures have dropped a lot recently.
You've seen one video, you've seen them all. For someone that doesn't actually work, she could go on adventures and do all kinds of fun things like hiking or exploring other cities or taking cooking classes or literally anything but the nothing that is her life

Reactions: 6
Guys do you think she'll ever reveal the wedding video... ? That would probably be an interesting one. Her content lately is :sleep::sleep::sleep:

I started to follow Annie when she didn't eat a single banana because she said bananas caused her breakouts. I always found was weird she didn't put a single banana on her smoothies. About 1 or 2 years ago she is having a bit of bananas again. Someone asked on the comments if she cured her 'allergie'.

In my opinion Annie is more scared to gain weight than her skin.

With YouTubbers is hard to know the reality. They uses those filters on their videos too. I was surprised last year when Annie made a video showing her real skin (no filter). She posted these photos taking after March 2020 when she stopped to take the pill:

View attachment 846517

but if you watch her videos from March to November (when she claimed she cleared her skin), her skin looks flawless during that breakout period. Filters? Camera with lenses that make skin always look flawless?

The years I followed Annie there is always a holy grail with her skin every year. Every year there is a video of her saying how bad was her skin x months back (nobody noticed cause the filters) and the video is to tell she finally found her holy grail and is cured. Is an endless story with her skin.

I don't like the way she portraits being perfect and no one knows about what she is going through. But she always do videos to tell she is now "perfectly fine". Would be more relatable if she would take her viewers through the whole process. But what can you expect from perfect-Annie.
You are so right, you can see that no normal skin looks like her in the videos and you ever noticed the lighting?
She knows exactly how to look flawless.

I know back in Zurich , where she lived, she posted her real skin several times, and every year she has find something to cure her acne.

anyway, I think that she is obsessed with her body, no matter skin or body (boobs).

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.