Anna Bey #2 Scam of Affluence

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How do you speak so many languages? That’s pretty amazing.

I took French growing up because it’s the other official language here and can read newspapers and such, but I can barely speak or write it anymore after years of not using it. The grammar is way too complex vs English. But to be honest most Canadians speak one language so knowing anything else is a bonus.
I see that many of us speak french here, I do too.

We should create the thread now: It's time for a new thread, create the one with the most votes that meets the guidelines - order the thread by most liked posts by clicking "most liked" at the top of the page. Please someone create the new thread, if you're not sure how to do it please read this thread on creating a new thread.

Reactions: 4
Haven't dipped my feet in the pool of Spanish, but French was easy after learning English :)
I know some Danish Kindergartens teach Chinese and I've always felt bad for those kids... Danish, Chinese and English at age 5? poor souls... But yes, Chinese is a language EVERYONE and their dog is learning. Speaking it is significantly easier than reading, and I can navigate China perfectly fine with "pinyin" :) I gave up on the characters :p
Spanish isn't that quite hard to learn once you know French. I found the grammar rules simpler, but I got some pronunciation mixed up with French lol.

Honestly, pinyin is blessed. I've gotten reliant on it for typing Chinese though so while I can read characters and type them, I can't write them by hand.
I find that most people learning to speak Chinese struggle a lot with the different tones. Idk, it just seems to be something they drop when they speak in sentences so everything just sounds the same.

Reactions: 5
I see that many of us speak french here, I do too.
I lived in Montreal for a few years as a child so I learned some there (granted Québécois French is questionable...) but I took it from kindergarten all the way until the end of high school. Unfortunately with languages, you do lose it if you don’t use it. :(

I can get by easily with French in a restaurant or if I’m asking for directions, but not in a business setting.

Reactions: 2
Spanish isn't that quite hard to learn once you know French. I found the grammar rules simpler, but I got some pronunciation mixed up with French lol.

Honestly, pinyin is blessed. I've gotten reliant on it for typing Chinese though so while I can read characters and type them, I can't write them by hand.
I find that most people learning to speak Chinese struggle a lot with the different tones. Idk, it just seems to be something they drop when they speak in sentences so everything just sounds the same.
French is one of the most hard language, because of the grammar and tenses. Spanish is easier, I agree

How do you speak so many languages? That’s pretty amazing.

I took French growing up because it’s the other official language here and can read newspapers and such, but I can barely speak or write it anymore after years of not using it. The grammar is way too complex vs English. But to be honest most Canadians speak one language so knowing anything else is a bonus.
Well, I am not GOOD at all of them :p Some I picked up because of my travels and interest in other cultures, did consider a course at IVP for the international protocol, but choose not to. Others was because of friends. I aim for speaking the language without an accent so I can be understood, and I don't focus much on grammar, since I find communicating in the language a lot more important.

I also don't have a need to actually write in most languages, but have Speech to text when I do and that saves me a lot of headache.

My experience with Canada and French is, visiting Quebec for the sake of learning French is like going to England to learn about indian cuisine. :p (Damn, I am on a spree offending everything rn 🤣🤣🤣)

I also have a huge advantage because I travel a lot, both for business and leisure. Have been thrown away to participate in Business meetings since 6th grade, and found out a quick way to charm all the adults is doing small talk in their language :p

• Haha
Reactions: 6
So out of curiosity I checked my inbox on FB as I have AB in my friends. Apparently, we did exchange some messages but she wiped them clean. Scrolling through the conversation and seeing my words it seems like nothing more than a harmless casual chit chat, in fact, I even forgot I ever texted with her! But just goes to show that everything's being deleted online which is really weird. I don't dislike her but I don't buy the credibility and now since she is so internet-famous that my younger friends come up to me and mention the course, I want to make sure they are informed before making their own decision.
View attachment 259617
Only someone that has something to hide would work this hard at erasing their tracks. You’d think that during times like these, she would be trying to strengthen any connections that she’s made.. but nope - if it doesn’t benefit her specific agenda, up in flames it goes. She seems erratic.

Reactions: 10

Pinyin is the best thing ever!!! :) I just translate all the characters to pinyin and I am set, I can mostly figure things out by meaning and context at that point.
I look at the tones like music scores, I am a little tone-challenged, but seeing it as music scores really helped me :D

Reactions: 1
I lived in Montreal for a few years as a child so I learned some there (granted Québécois French is questionable...) but I took it from kindergarten all the way until the end of high school. Unfortunately with languages, you do lose it if you don’t use it. :(

I can get by easily with French in a restaurant or if I’m asking for directions, but not in a business setting.
Oh gosh, the Quebec accent is so jarring. My French teacher made us watch a documentary filmed in Quebec and I couldn't understand a single thing they were saying without subtitles.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Apparently everyone speaks Chinese here...am I missing something? Should I or my future children take some classes? 🤣

Quebec French is awful...they sound like ducks.

• Haha

French québecois is little bit different than the french is France. special words hahah Tabarnal and osti de chriss hahaha

French québecois is little bit different than the french is France. special words hahah Tabarnal and osti de chriss hahaha
I remember being in Paris and no one knew what a dépanneur was. People in Quebec use it to refer to a corner store but it was something completely different in France.

• Haha
Apparently everyone speaks Chinese here...am I missing something? Should I or my future children take some classes? 🤣

Quebec French is awful...they sound like ducks.
I know 0 word in Chinese. You are not alone. And I'm not interested in learning it.

I remember being in Paris and no one knew what a dépanneur was. People in Quebec use it to refer to a corner store but it was something completely different in France.
Dépanneur is a mechanic who repair a car for example or machines or an electrician.

• Haha
I know 0 word in Chinese. You are not alone. And I'm not interested in learning it.

Dépanneur is a mechanic who repair a car for example or machines or an electrician.
Well you can imagine how awkward that was for me when I found out. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.