New Thread Guidelines

Status
Thread locked. We lock threads when they have 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just thought it would be good to actually write down some guidelines on creating a new thread:

Thread titles must not have a swear word or be anything bordering on sounding abusive or hateful.

* Create a new thread once there are 1'000 posts.
* Add a tag for the person / persons it's about, the option is underneath the message box and it should autocomplete. List of all tags is here - https://tattle.life/tags/. This makes it easy to link together all threads.
* Post in the previous thread a link to the new one.
* Hit report so on the old thread that I'll be notified to close off the thread.
* Don't worry if there are posts made in the old thread before being closed - they'll be moved over to the new one.

Hope that is all OK and makes sense? Let me know if you have any issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 25
Just thought it would be good to actually write down some guidelines on creating a new thread:

* Create a new thread once there are 1'000 posts.
* Add a tag for the person / persons it's about, the option is underneath the message box and it should autocomplete. List of all tags is here - https://tattle.life/tags/. This makes it easy to link together all threads.
* If you can avoid putting a swear word in the title.
* Post in the previous thread a link to the new one.
* Hit report so on the old thread that I'll be notified to close off the thread.
* Don't worry if there are posts made in the old thread before being closed - they'll be moved over to the new one.

Hope that is all OK and makes sense? Let me know if you have any issues.
The toddler in me wants to ask for this title to be changed to
“New F*cking Rules Bitchees”
?
On behalf of us tattling bishes, thank you to all working behind the scenes to get this place going ??
It’s a nice change...
I’ve hardly ever seen the ANGRY RED TEXT OF DOOM ?
(unless it’s from me.... ?)

Ooh. Xx

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Oh ooh I was tempted to name it that, however some are trying to discredit the site saying it's just a platform for hate speach.

Rather than the humor, fact based and opinionated site it is. Making people accountable to following the law. :)

Swearing in the threads of course is fucking fine, just better avoided in the titles ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Sorry Ive bumped the Wilkes to part 3 early then. I hadn't seen this post I think Wilkes is around 800
Again sorry

Sorry Ive bumped the Wilkes to part 3 early then. I hadn't seen this post I think Wilkes is around 800
Again sorry
No need to say sorry, that thread was getting messy, probably for the best to close it down and start a new one.

These are just guidelines not rules or anything, something to adjust to find what works to help make the site work for everyone.

Will be doing some posting guidelines to try prevent threads going into chatty and off topic that ruin it for most people.

Reactions: 2
Not totally sure what to do with the naming conventions, but as we don't go for separate forums for each person I think we do need some consistency so that you can easily identify who the thread is about.

How about "[PERSON/PERSONS] #[NO] [THREAD TITLE]" like "Person Name #9 The Full Title With Each First Letter Uppercase"?

Reactions: 5
Can you block people on here? I was just wondering what the ignore button is for?
Thank you ?

Can you block people on here? I was just wondering what the ignore button is for?
Thank you ?
If you don't like what someone posts. Add them to press ignore and so you don't see their posts.

Should be able to manage your ignore list anytime you like

Reactions: 2
Thank you, can they see what I post? It’s nothing sinister, I was just wondering, there is no one on here I don’t like the posts of.

Reactions: 1
Yes they can see what you post, ignoring is one way and private :)

Should now get some text on page 48-49 to get suggesting thread names and voting, then on page 50+ to create it. If it's worked and I haven't broken anything :LOL:

If it’s time for a new thread but nobody has suggested a title as it’s not a very fast moving thread, is it okay to just do ‘Name Of Person #2’?

If it’s time for a new thread but nobody has suggested a title as it’s not a very fast moving thread, is it okay to just do ‘Name Of Person #2’?
Yes, that's encouraged. Better to have no thread title than using something not very good!

Reactions: 3
Hi, what is a prerequisite to be able to create a new thread? What is needed? Is it only for VIP members? Maybe Chatty members? Thanks!

Can I just check, as I’ve seen this mod comment on the last Mrs Hinch thread about reporting to lock - I created the new thread and then posted the link in the old one, and reported my own post with a note asking for it to be locked.
I know usually it’s quick but after a little while there were still new comments on the old thread so I reported again with the same request.

Just wondering if when I hit report it didn’t work?

Attachments

Status
Thread locked. We lock threads when they have 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
AdBlock Detected

Please disable your adblocker to use tattle

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks