Anastasia Kingsnorth #59 Click-bait it until you make it, baby!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wish I posted on here so I could say YES but I knew she would do a Asda essentials video seeing as that's the new 'thing'
Also, doesn't her flat get extremely warm (remembering when Julie was having a crisis when she had to the Disney treasure hunt šŸ˜‚) why she still wearing that hoodie!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
By the way she literally said in her video itā€™s not a ā€œchallengeā€ and stuff, I really donā€™t think itā€™s a bad video to do, she said she buys a lot of the cheaper stuff anyway and is just doing it to show what you can get for the price and what meals you can make and stuff, I donā€™t think itā€™s bad at all to make a video on this especially when sheā€™s done it a few years ago and this is a new range in Asda so why not try it and make a video from it? I do think it wouldā€™ve been a better video to do a weekly shop and eat it for a week tho!
I agree, I think it would have come across better if she had done it for a whole week and actually planned meals that a family could have and then broke down the price per day. That was it would have have been helpful and informative rather than just coming across as a ā€œchallengeā€

Reactions: 28
She never seasons her foodā€¦.a bit of salt and pepper on that meat and vegetables.

Reactions: 13
Good video idea, if she did it in a more informative & sensitive way. Talked a bit more about the cost of living crisis, left details of charities/food banks in the description box, gave meal ideas, did it for a few days etc.

Once again it is the sort of thing I expect someone with her upbringing to want to do naturally. Old videos where it is clearly freezing in her house, or when they only eat out when it was her who paid. Even talking about how Asda are doing Ā£1 kids meals in their cafes over summer could help.

Reactions: 26
I agree, I think it would have come across better if she had done it for a whole week and actually planned meals that a family could have and then broke down the price per day. That was it would have have been helpful and informative rather than just coming across as a ā€œchallengeā€
That would involve cooking though which she doesnā€™t do. Callum has even said in one of her videos that she gets takeaways three times a day. She is just recycling old content to keep the channel going and the billboards šŸ™„, and it sounds like she found something trending on TikTok to fit in with that. Sheā€™s not going to do anything that requires actual work.

Reactions: 5
This video is just a way to be like Iā€™ve got money to buy the branded food and you have to buy the cheapest food. The thing with Ana sheā€™s not got the sensitivity to touch on subjects such as cost of living and other subjects.

Reactions: 8
D6BBDC4B-F5AE-4E2E-87A5-60BCFD3519B1.jpeg
The irony of her talking about 45p mini rolls when that duck off expensive bear that probably cost more than my monthly wage is sat behind her. Imagine genuinely struggling and watching this video and seeing that thing sitting behind her.

• Angry
Reactions: 57
Sheā€™s literally taking food from those who really need the cheapest items just to try and eat a hot meal.

Ana just piss off ffs youā€™re boring and irrelevant now

Reactions: 28
I am struggling at the moment. Relying on free library picnics for my childrenā€™s lunch and I go without to feed them dinner. Iā€™m grateful for the new Asda food, but I will be so pissed off if I couldnā€™t pick up my childrenā€™s dinner because a millionaire influencer picked it up for a video, to make money from. She should donate all money made from this video to a charity that helps feed children, or use it to fill up trolleys and trolleys of food to donate to food banks.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
eating the cheapest food is not a challenge, itā€™s a reality for so many people right now (and has been for years)

she doesnā€˜t care enough about the cost of living crisis to give informative information about how people can save money or simply share some resources. All she cares about is the views, sheā€™s really changed now

Reactions: 22
Sheā€™s such a insensitive cow! Her saying she wonā€™t make this into a challenge because itā€™s the reality people are facing is just hypocritical - she is making a money from this WHILST taking away food from people who need it!

• Sick
Reactions: 18
I think the idea and message behind the video may have been well intended, but the way she presented it wasnā€™t, especially with the thumbnail and certain comments she made throughout. Alfie Deyes Ā£1 challenge vibes.

Also, when she said she was making a bolognaise because they only had the white lasagne sauce and not the red one? Gal you do know red lasagne sauce is just TOMATO PASTA SAUCE. IT ISNā€™T ANYTHING SPECIAL. Who actually goes shopping and looks specifically for red lasagne sauce? Yeah I know you can buy it, but its branded and like Ā£3 a jar compared to a normal tomato pasta sauce which is like a 1/6th of the price. She couldā€™ve put the bolognaise sauce into the lasagne. They are literally no different.

Last edited:
Reactions: 30
I think that some of you give her too much credit. The intention of this video was never to educate.
The fact that she was poor for a few years also doesnā€™t make her exempt from criticism.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Why did she try to make it out like it wasn't a challenge video when she's done them before šŸ¤£and then the minions in the comments praising her as if she donated to charity or something informative, all she did was eat some food

Reactions: 10
She kept saying things like ā€˜I am staarrrvingā€™ ā€˜Iā€™m so hungryā€™ girl you have no idea what itā€™s really like to be starving.

Reactions: 33
Did she use that mince to make one portion of bolognese? I use that amount and can easily make 4/5 portions by adding loads of veg and lentils etc

Reactions: 11
like a few others have said on here if sheā€™d have made it educational and actually addressed the cost of living crisis and focused on the available options out there for families who are struggling then i donā€™t think it would have been as bad, but thereā€™s something so unsettling about someone in a very financially privileged position doing this as a ā€˜challengeā€™, she does say in the video that she doesnā€™t want to make it a challenge because itā€™s the reality for some people but sheā€™s clickbaited it with the title which automatically gives that impression

i also feel like her acting surprised when the food is actually nice isnā€™t great, i donā€™t know how to word it but it just gives off an uncomfortable vibe when sheā€™s so genuinely shocked that the food is good?

Reactions: 16
I am struggling at the moment. Relying on free library picnics for my childrenā€™s lunch and I go without to feed them dinner. Iā€™m grateful for the new Asda food, but I will be so pissed off if I couldnā€™t pick up my childrenā€™s dinner because a millionaire influencer picked it up for a video, to make money from. She should donate all money made from this video to a charity that helps feed children, or use it to fill up trolleys and trolleys of food to donate to food banks.
Asda and tescos are doing free childrenā€™s meals in their cafes during school holidays, (look online just incase I think Tesco you have to spend 60p on the cafe to get it or something) Iā€™m sure other places are doing cheap meals for kids too x

• Heart
Reactions: 12
there was a comment that she deleted which said ā€œthis is giving me Alfie Ā£1 challenge vibesā€ lol

Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.