Anastasia Kingsnorth #59 Click-bait it until you make it, baby!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
also made me laugh that she didn’t think she could have a lasagne as there wasn’t lasagne red sauce in the range… use the bolognese one ffs🤦🏼‍♀️😂 I’ve never used the actual lasagne red one😂

Reactions: 21
Did she use that mince to make one portion of bolognese? I use that amount and can easily make 4/5 portions by adding loads of veg and lentils etc
She always does that. She cooks one portion and probably ends up throwing the rest away because it goes off! I live alone and will make a bolognese and freeze the rest.

Reactions: 17
i also feel like her acting surprised when the food is actually nice isn’t great, i don’t know how to word it but it just gives off an uncomfortable vibe when she’s so genuinely shocked that the food is good?
THIS, obviously there are some things that aren’t going to taste as good as more expensive options out there but it’s all just normal food, she literally said that the fish fingers taste fishy, garlic bread is garlicky and cheese is cheesy 😂 didn’t she also say once she wanted to be a food channel/critic? the same girl who calls clearly undercooked food ‘charcoaled’ and her opinion on a pizza is ‘it’s tomato pureey’ lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 19
When she opens her mouth to speak I swear the only thing I can think is "Kids this is why you stay in school and should get an education". The lack of basic knowledge and judgment.

Reactions: 22
I think the idea and message behind the video may have been well intended, but the way she presented it wasn’t, especially with the thumbnail and certain comments she made throughout. Alfie Deyes £1 challenge vibes.

Also, when she said she was making a bolognaise because they only had the white lasagne sauce and not the red one? Gal you do know red lasagne sauce is just TOMATO PASTA SAUCE. IT ISN’T ANYTHING SPECIAL. Who actually goes shopping and looks specifically for red lasagne sauce? Yeah I know you can buy it, but its branded and like £3 a jar compared to a normal tomato pasta sauce which is like a 1/6th of the price. She could’ve put the bolognaise sauce into the lasagne. They are literally no different.
Or a couple cans of chopped tomatoes & some purée. But our girl is too lazy she needs it all pre seasoned

Reactions: 7
She is bleeping thick as pig tit. Air head influencers just need to stay the duck out of things that don't concern them.

I actually can't bring myself to watch the video because whenever she talks even if she isn't eating it's like she has loads of saliva in her mouth at all times. Grim.

Reactions: 13
That video was really distasteful and she kept saying how much she "throughly enjoyed" the food like she's surprised it was good? cant believe this girl was once in that position to not being able to afford food, barely coping financially to wearing a £245 hoodie in her overpriced apartment talking about how much she loves doing these challenges... so tone deaf!

It wasn't educational, neither helpful towards those in need. It's just Ana using a terrible situation to benefit and profit from

Reactions: 27
i’m typing as i’m watching so here’s my thoughts:

ngl the people calling her for staying she’s starving is a reach. i’m sure we’ve all said we’re starving or famished once or twice when we’re actually just peckish. i was more annoyed about how small her frying pan is that she cooked her bacon in, also bbq sauce in bacon is a big no. i think because her usual diet consists of eating out a fancy restaurants and uber eats, she’s shocked at how ‘regular’ food tastes. the chicken burger looks like she just got it out the freezer&dumped it on her plate. i see what she means by when she said the meal she had for lunch is akin to something you eat when you order food at a bowling alley as it is all quite cheap as kids aren’t fussed &also to maximise profits. hate how she says ‘rarsbry’ but think that’s just a north/south divide thing. not a fan of her makeup, cant explain it but i think it looks rather ‘heavy’ on her. also in her kitchen, i notice she has kendall jenner’s 818 tequila on the side, near the flowers. is that coincidence or subtle sponsored product placement? she did say around the 11:30 mark that this food shows you don’t have to spend loads to have nice food, which she’s right. also those low fat fruit yogurts for 89p look massive! end of vid- all in all i didn’t find it disrespectful & this is coming from someone who grew up in a single parent household who frequently had asda smart price food& ‘cheap meals’. i see why people are annoyed about her not linking anything to help families struggling or making a donation, that would have definitely helped. hopefully she reads here and puts some links on instagram. all in all- i liked the disclaimer she put at the start where she acknowledged that this 1 video for her is an everyday reality for loads of families. i definitely dont think video should end her career but tbf i’m indifferent to ana, not subscribed but used to be, dont hate or love her&i just come here to mainly read what other people have to say as i dont have a strong opinion on her. do have a bit of empathy towards her as she’s only a year&a bit older than me &can see that being in the public eye does have its challenges, but ik that everyone is entitled to their own opinions🙂

That video was really distasteful and she kept saying how much she "throughly enjoyed" the food like she's surprised it was good? cant believe this girl was once in that position to not being able to afford food, barely coping financially to wearing a £245 hoodie in her overpriced apartment talking about how much she loves doing these challenges... so tone deaf!

It wasn't educational, neither helpful towards those in need. It's just Ana using a terrible situation to benefit and profit from
the hoodie is £245???? thought it was from primark or plt!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Will she stop saying “moment”!! Wtf is a “lasagne sort of moment”

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I knew how this video was going to make me feel before I even watched it. Like a lot of people have already said, the idea behind the video isn’t necessarily bad, but the way it was executed by Anna was poor. I personally don’t think she came across as offensive, but looking at the bigger picture she is very out of touch. Filming in a flat she pays high rent on, that is also filled with designer items whilst wearing designer clothes and jewellery. I’m glad she added the disclaimer, for her own self. But I don’t understand why she still titled the video implying it was a challenge, ie ‘for 24 hours’. For many people the reality is they have no choice but to buy this range every day/week, but Anna only has to endure it for 24 hours. What I would have liked to have seen is her at home, buying a planned weekly shop to feed her, her mum and brother. Seeing what items can be used across more than one meal to further save money. Price per person per meal broken down, meal ideas, back to school lunch box ideas, picnic ideas for days out. Eating budget food just isn’t about rating it out of 10, to me that says she’s expecting it to be bad. I’d like to say I expected more from here considering her past, but now sadly I don’t and she is just another entitled influencer. Oh also considering her privilege I would have liked to have seen her donating any profits from this video to food banks or charities.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.