Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Isn’t it funny how every single thing she links is an aff link

Oh and you always have to click on it to see what it is!

Reactions: 5

stevenseagull

VIP Member
Very true. She’s quite the over sharer.
And even that story still seemed like a humble brag that her 2 year old could speak like that

stevenseagull

VIP Member
There’s just never any acknowledgement (without smugness) that Rosie is massively advanced because mum has treated her like a pupil her entire life

I feel she comes across very rude and controlling in her stories. I don’t find it at all surprising she admits to having very few friends and doesn’t speak to any of her family. I remember her saying she and R had recently spent time with her sister who was visiting from the Netherlands but she doesn’t speak to any other family members and considers herself to not have any family! Will seems to take R to see his parents most weekends whilst she “works” and “cleans the house”. I wonder if there is also tension between Emma and Will’s parents as she always seems too busy to visit. Or whether he insists she stays at home so he and R can watch the TV 🤪

• Wow

stevenseagull

VIP Member
She’s a lovely little girl but you are right - being silly is the BEST part of being a toddler. Including laughing at farting.

• Haha
I feel so uncomfortable with her sharing photos all over her stories of R looking so ill, she doesn't consent to any of this, it's so unnecessary and exploitative.

It made me think, as I'm sure she would be braggy about it. If R can communicate so well, how's potty training going?! I have friends with kids a similar or even younger than R and they don't speak as well but their potty training is well under way.
I am pretty certain Emma started potty training with R a good while ago but she hasn’t grasped it yet so she hasn’t shared it. I expect one day Emma will post a story saying R has woken up and decided to use the toilet and is no longer in nappies/pull-ups - yet in fact it’s taken her months to get to that stage.

I think I remember her saying at one point that she was going to focus on it in the Summer before R turned 2…

Reactions: 4

Definitelyme

VIP Member
I wonder if she will ever regret how quickly she made Rosie grow up? I have a child the same age and I am not at all worried about her not being ready for reception because it’s still two years away! She doesn’t need to know how to cook her own dinner and put her own clothes on yet. She’s still a little toddler! Enjoy each stage.
The joke is as an early years teacher she should know that to prep for school it’s more important to have them independent with toileting/dressing/hand washing etc than it is to have them reading and writing. That’s what our school say every single year’

Definitelyme

VIP Member
I remember a while back she said she used to lay Rosie down and jingle a toy by her feet to encourage her to look down and then she'd close her eyes and go to sleep? What sort of wizardry is that?!
that is one of the maddest things I’ve heard someone do to encourage sleep 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

Puffin_island

VIP Member
Very true. She’s quite the over sharer.
And even that story still seemed like a humble brag that her 2 year old could speak like that
It made me think, as I'm sure she would be braggy about it. If R can communicate so well, how's potty training going?! I have friends with kids a similar or even younger than R and they don't speak as well but their potty training is well under way.

stevenseagull

VIP Member
Predicting Rosie getting all star exam results and then deciding not to go to uni and instead goes to work as an 18-30 rep in Magaluf to Emma’s devastation.

• Haha
Screenshot_20221230-083331.png

1. Oh God, sounds like they're planning to have another little prodigy... At least it might take the pressure off Rosie a bit and with any luck the second will be a no limits climber who likes to tear up books with their bare hands and stick alphabet tiles up their nose.

2. Do your own holiday research you lazy sod. What you've described there matches probably a million holiday destinations, just pick one and shut up. If you think you're getting a gifted holiday I hope you can think again.

I actually think it is madness she is teaching sight words to a just turned 2yo! What the actual hell?! That is just ridiculous, what need is there for a child that age to be learning sight words? Talk about a pushy parent 😬
And no doubt she’ll say it’s to foster a love of reading from an early age - bull. My kids adore reading, actually live to read, and I wasn’t forcing sight words on them at 2…
I’ve followed Emma since she had just over 1,000 followers after one of her activities was shared by Charlie from bumpandburpees. I’ve always found her strange. She is extremely patronising and comes across very entitled. She started teaching R sight words when she was 18months old after “she” showed an interest in letters at 16months. Maybe I also need to try talking to my toddler clearly and loudly! 🙄
CB49FD23-F39A-4B15-BBC4-6C9AE8824AE7.jpeg
8D691FD0-D58A-45B2-92C1-B71533A390F1.jpeg
FC8F63E0-68BA-47D5-B8F8-7219FF8AFE41.jpeg
6EF52690-DAEA-4E9E-A56A-80821B9B82E7.jpeg
1DA906BF-E02D-4EAF-9AB6-4DC02469A4B6.jpeg

stevenseagull

VIP Member
I bet she’s in the high chair and cot so she doesn’t have a chance to muck about - she seems like she would be really quite strict.

stevenseagull

VIP Member
I remember a while back she said she used to lay Rosie down and jingle a toy by her feet to encourage her to look down and then she'd close her eyes and go to sleep? What sort of wizardry is that?!

Not proper reading though.
Reading is a skill which takes a long time to master. This is just good memory. Reading isn't just looking at letters. Its understanding the meaning of the letters and being able to form them into words.

Yes I'm sure this will set her up for school and give her an advantage over her peers but I wouldn't want my child to be so advanced they were bored or were miles ahead of the curriculum and teachers possibly struggling to teach them
exactly this. Her already socially awkward and shy child is going to then be bored shitless at school and how long will the no tv thing continue? Because she will have no idea what anyone is talking about.

a horrible part of me felt smug after her preaching about the dangers of the bouncers only to have her own child have issues with her legs.

stevenseagull

VIP Member
imagine taking her to the toy shop and being like “sorry R but you have flash cards and peg dolls at home”

• Haha

LongishCat

VIP Member
Haha maybe she’s a Tattler! I always think it’s a bit rich that she allows her daughter no screentime but is always on her phone filming her!
I don't know who she is and based on the reviews here, I don't think I'll look her up (I just came over from the baby thread as I had FOMO), but that's such a good point! So hypocritical 😆

• Haha

Belle Amie

VIP Member
Isn’t it funny how every single thing she links is an aff link

Oh and you always have to click on it to see what it is!
Annoys me with every influencer this I’d rather never find out where it’s from than click on their links and delete my cookies and cache.

I read even if you don’t buy that item anything you buy off that website for 30 days they get money back for promo I don’t know if that’s right?
Like if it was a product on Amazon but I went off that page and bought something else off Amazon the next day she’d still get money from me buying off the site as if she’s ‘promoted’ it to me?

• Wow

daffydaffyp

Maybe because she can do what she likes with dad, and isn’t forced to read and write!
Exactly this!
I think Will enjoys the break lol. And the freedom to parent how he chooses, not how Emma demands him to. I bet Rosie eats biscuits there and watches Peppa Pig.

I get the impression she treats Rosie like a performing monkey