An.activity.a.day

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thoughts? I like some of her ideas but I find her a bit much sometimes (a lot of the time!)

Reactions: 2
So I hadn’t heard of her until you guys mentioned her but I had a look and a lot of what I saw was not my cup of tea. Lots of closed ended activities for wee ones, a letter activity for a child who has just turned 2 (if I read it correctly!) and also noticed there are a lot of pictures of the activities set up but not many of how they turned out … which kind makes me think her kid doesn’t engage that well in them.

ETA: letter recognition activities for her kid at 18months?! That’s a no from me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
So I hadn’t heard of her until you guys mentioned her but I had a look and a lot of what I saw was not my cup of tea. Lots of closed ended activities for wee ones, a letter activity for a child who has just turned 2 (if I read it correctly!) and also noticed there are a lot of pictures of the activities set up but not many of how they turned out … which kind makes me think her kid doesn’t engage that well in them.

ETA: letter recognition activities for her kid at 18months?! That’s a no from me.
Yes which is funny because she always goes on about doing open ended stuff only!

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I’ve tried some of the activities and my little one has zero interest.
Seems all a little formal for me! 🙊 I’d worry if I sent my little one to school with SO many skills or knowledge that I’d end up alienating her from her peers

Reactions: 6
Yes which is funny because she always goes on about doing open ended stuff only!
No way! That’s very surprising given what I saw (it was only a five minute look mind you). She knows the buzzwords anyway, but I suppose open ended play doesn’t really look quite so “instagrammable” as a fancy pumpkin tray.

I’ve tried some of the activities and my little one has zero interest.
Seems all a little formal for me! 🙊 I’d worry if I sent my little one to school with SO many skills or knowledge that I’d end up alienating her from her peers
Ahh but will she be a jack of all skills, master of none?!

I often wonder what Rosie’s play space is actually like. There are so many structured activities and bits of related kit that it feels like it must be rack after rack of storage that she can’t go exploring in.

Reactions: 5
I often wonder what Rosie’s play space is actually like. There are so many structured activities and bits of related kit that it feels like it must be rack after rack of storage that she can’t go exploring in.
I wonder if she’s ever had a good root in a bathroom or kitchen cupboard and played with the bin bags for 30 mins or something?!
i think mr Waka would leave me if I told him he couldn’t watch tv anymore 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I wonder if she’s ever had a good root in a bathroom or kitchen cupboard and played with the bin bags for 30 mins or something?!
i think mr Waka would leave me if I told him he couldn’t watch tv anymore 😂
I think that is the weirdest part for me, she says she’s had 0 screen time EVER. Surely not?! How 😂😂😂😂😂😂

I think that is the weirdest part for me, she says she’s had 0 screen time EVER. Surely not?! How 😂😂😂😂😂😂
Also why! Lighten up 🤣🤣
How do you get all the housework done, it allows me to undo some damage caused by hurricane Waka

Is her husband not allowed to watch TV?!
If I’m correct they don’t have a tv or she asked him to only watch it when she’s in bed and he agreed
She won’t have a clue what the kids are on about in school
Bluey?! Yakka dee!?

Reactions: 3
Also why! Lighten up 🤣🤣
How do you get all the housework done, it allows me to undo some damage caused by hurricane Waka

If I’m correct they don’t have a tv or she asked him to only watch it when she’s in bed and he agreed
She won’t have a clue what the kids are on about in school
Bluey?! Yakka dee!?

Ok I gotta fess up here - we don’t have a TV either and our kids get no screen time at home. They watch stuff at my parents once a week and that’s it. But we got rid of our TV as we never watched it (we just watch our iPads in the evenings)

Ok I gotta fess up here - we don’t have a TV either and our kids get no screen time at home. They watch stuff at my parents once a week and that’s it. But we got rid of our TV as we never watched it (we just watch our iPads in the evenings)
You’re actually superwoman 😂 you have 4 to entertain! I can barely manage to entertain one

• Heart
She doesn’t allow her to watch anything at all! (Also the fact I’m only just finding this out about you suggests that you don’t brag about it like she does 😜😜)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She doesn’t allow her to watch anything at all! (Also the fact I’m only just finding this out about you suggests that you don’t brag about it like she does 😜😜)
People think we are really odd, so I rarely mention it, and generally people do see it as a humble brag kinda thing, which it absolutely never is!

You’re actually superwoman 😂 you have 4 to entertain! I can barely manage to entertain one
Ah but see the 4 entertain each other, one is harder work. You need more kids 🤣

• Haha
People think we are really odd, so I rarely mention it, and generally people do see it as a humble brag kinda thing, which it absolutely never is!

Ah but see the 4 entertain each other, one is harder work. You need more kids 🤣
I keep telling mr Waka this! I’ve drawn so many ducks and sang row row your boat so many times I nearly drove to my brothers so she could play with her cousins at 5pm 🤣

• Haha
I compared a lot of what my baby was doing to what she said Rosie was doing at 0-3 months and thinking well what’s wrong with him why doesn’t he like doing activities when he’s doing tummy time and it was a struggle.
Not everything has to be educational they learn just from play and having fun and so much of her page is things I’d expect him to do in nursery or school and and child that hasn’t watched the dancing veg crazy

Reactions: 5
I’m so glad this thread has been made. I felt like I was an awful mum as my 18 month old loves the TV and when I’ve tried some activities from the account with her she’s hated them and just tried to kick everything over 😂

I think she comes across very preachy about screen time and how does she have so much time to be setting up 10 activities a day and so much money that she’s out all the time!

Reactions: 8
I’m so glad this thread has been made. I felt like I was an awful mum as my 18 month old loves the TV and when I’ve tried some activities from the account with her she’s hated them and just tried to kick everything over 😂

I think she comes across very preachy about screen time and how does she have so much time to be setting up 10 activities a day and so much money that she’s out all the time!
Pretty sure she solely funds costa 😂

my little one has never liked tv but in the last week she’s been glued. I’m elated 🤣

• Haha
Do you think she reads here, she’s mentioned that they watch TV on a laptop in the evening 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Do you think she reads here, she’s mentioned that they watch TV on a laptop in the evening 😂😂😂😂😂
Haha maybe she’s a Tattler! I always think it’s a bit rich that she allows her daughter no screentime but is always on her phone filming her!

• Haha