Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Definitelyme

VIP Member
So I hadn’t heard of her until you guys mentioned her but I had a look and a lot of what I saw was not my cup of tea. Lots of closed ended activities for wee ones, a letter activity for a child who has just turned 2 (if I read it correctly!) and also noticed there are a lot of pictures of the activities set up but not many of how they turned out … which kind makes me think her kid doesn’t engage that well in them.

ETA: letter recognition activities for her kid at 18months?! That’s a no from me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6

daffydaffyp

Well hello everyone!!

So so glad this thread is here. As if by magic :)

I've followed her for a long time. My boy is nearly 2 and by my admission (biast, obviously) pretty smart.

He can sing nursery rhymes. Imagine a drunk old man and you get the idea. You wouldn't be able to understand much but it's quite tuneful and I understand it.

Sort of counts, adores books and jigsaws. Anything construction related. Can say a few sentences. 'Daddy, where are you?' then will answer himself with 'i don't know?' pretty cute all round and obviously amazing.

Screen time? Yes. Only in the last few months tho. Bloody Peppa Pig for my sins.

Is in interested in ANY of the activities she sets up that I've tried. Hard no here. He trashes them. Wanders off and drags out a jigsaw and says 'mummy make' wants to do his own thing and I'm guided by his interests. The only thing he likes from her page is tweezers and pom pom sorting.

Does he read? No. Does he know a lot of the words from the story and can he remember them? Yes.

He knows 2 letters as I have them in a pendant I wear.

Do I film him within an inch of his life? Do I fuck.

Some days I go to bed and show my other half photos from the days and think damn. Took none!

What's happening here.. tangent sorry.

Emma is braggy as fuck and smug. She's the sort of parent too see out correcting her husband on how to play with her sort of thing.

Oh, R can do this and that and blah fucking blah.

And why is she now R? Her name is Rosie. She's a wonderful girl who is extremely bright but at what expense? Does Emma let he be a toddler and trash the kitchen cupboards? Or drag all the clothes out of the drawers when she's putting them away?

Eugh, she just rubs me up the wrong way!!

Hello scrunchies!!!!

I thought this. Also she mentioned that she's picked this up from them counting while brushing her teeth. So do they literally just count while brushing? How boring!
We have a toothbrushing song that we made up that features our children's names and makes them laugh, not just counting to 100 🙄
I wrap my boy on a towel like a swaddle and brush his teeth as quickly as I can lol

daffydaffyp

To help them fall asleep to?
I remember a while back she said she used to lay Rosie down and jingle a toy by her feet to encourage her to look down and then she'd close her eyes and go to sleep? What sort of wizardry is that?!

Not proper reading though.
Reading is a skill which takes a long time to master. This is just good memory. Reading isn't just looking at letters. Its understanding the meaning of the letters and being able to form them into words.

Yes I'm sure this will set her up for school and give her an advantage over her peers but I wouldn't want my child to be so advanced they were bored or were miles ahead of the curriculum and teachers possibly struggling to teach them

Last edited:
why does she need to mention that her child can count to 100? It just makes parents panic and google if their 27 month old should be able to do it.
I thought this. Also she mentioned that she's picked this up from them counting while brushing her teeth. So do they literally just count while brushing? How boring!
We have a toothbrushing song that we made up that features our children's names and makes them laugh, not just counting to 100 🙄

Puffin_island

VIP Member
I began following her page as my. LG is a bit younger and thought she had some decent "ideas" on her page, however after doing a few, I quickly learned my LG just didn't have the right temperament or interest for a lot of it.

I have to admit, I do find some of the things she recommends quite useful and been enjoyed by my LG so I do follow her for that 🙊 however I've found another page I'm starting to take preference over and they have replied to questions and messages I've sent unlike her, so she might be unfollowed soon 👋🏽

She's definitely been very lucky R has taken to her style of "parenting" but I do feel bad that she's using her child as her content. She doesn't need a child to be able to share her "knowledge" but obviously just wants to brag about her because she has nobody else to talk to.

You know what else I find really annoying, she only ever seems to let R wear basically light pink or variations of pink clothes. You'd think that would be a good way to teach her the difference between crimson red and blood red 🤣

• Haha

Definitelyme

VIP Member
She doesn’t seem to ever mention going round there, it’s always Rosie and Dad there!

It must be really weird to spend SO much time and effort with your child and they still prefer Dad
Maybe because she can do what she likes with dad, and isn’t forced to read and write!

Puffin_island

VIP Member
I'm surprised Rosie hasn't done the Christmas cards, wrote the shopping list and started prepping the Christmas meal by now.

• Haha

Definitelyme

VIP Member
As if she got a Rubix cube for her Christmas Eve box 🤣 i am not sure what the target age for them is, but I am pretty confident it isn’t 2 years old…

• Haha
Reactions: 5

sodit

VIP Member
I often wonder what Rosie’s play space is actually like. There are so many structured activities and bits of related kit that it feels like it must be rack after rack of storage that she can’t go exploring in.

daffydaffyp

I feel she comes across very rude and controlling in her stories. I don’t find it at all surprising she admits to having very few friends and doesn’t speak to any of her family. I remember her saying she and R had recently spent time with her sister who was visiting from the Netherlands but she doesn’t speak to any other family members and considers herself to not have any family! Will seems to take R to see his parents most weekends whilst she “works” and “cleans the house”. I wonder if there is also tension between Emma and Will’s parents as she always seems too busy to visit. Or whether he insists she stays at home so he and R can watch the TV 🤪
Agreed.
I think it was her decision to not have contact with her family and fair enough, that's her choice. Wills family seem great and it's lovely to know she has people for support etc.

My guess is that Emma has low self esteem. Hence why she posts her daughters life online so she can get that validation. Its truly additive. You'll notice that if her posts have sub 30 or so likes, she hides them.

My guess is that anyone who has a different view or opinion to hers she just disposes of them. Like the poster who told her about tattle. Instantly blocked.

I used to reply to her and like ask questions in her q&a bit never got any reply. She must obviously read them and there cant be as many as she makes out

• Wow
8582D675-783A-47AC-8920-EA138552EC70.png

I don’t believe the potty training rubbish. She shared a story a few weeks ago; R’s pull-up was clearly showing over the waistband of her leggings. Why not just respond with “we’re still working on it or R will sometimes use the toilet”? Surely if R knows when she needs to go to the toilet she wouldn’t be in pull-ups during the day? I think it’s very sad that Emma is so caught up on everything being a race and R being this perfect high achieving toddler. R is going to grow up with real self-esteem/confidence issues!

Definitelyme

VIP Member
I think God has actually just stepped aside tonight to allow her to take his place, since she obviously thinks she is worthy. Never read anyone on any phonics based instagram sound so self absorbed and in love with themselves. What a know it all.

Belle Amie

VIP Member
I compared a lot of what my baby was doing to what she said Rosie was doing at 0-3 months and thinking well what’s wrong with him why doesn’t he like doing activities when he’s doing tummy time and it was a struggle.
Not everything has to be educational they learn just from play and having fun and so much of her page is things I’d expect him to do in nursery or school and and child that hasn’t watched the dancing veg crazy

Belle Amie

VIP Member
I don’t understand how big their house is for her to have enough room to rotate toys and store them when they aren’t in use. Like a full play kitchen put away, where?

Why is she constantly buying that child new (sad beige) clothes?? I swear she posts about buying new things every few days, how many clothes can one girl wear?
Also love how she aff-links everything under the sun and is buying sweatshop clothes every week but reminds us to buy secondhand toys to be sustainable 🤡🙃

stevenseagull

VIP Member
it’s really rare to see her act like an age appropriate toddler. There’s so much time for them to learn all the things Rosie has been doing for months. Dressing herself, making her own food, tidying up her own toys. All good habits of course but… at barely baby age?!
I thought it was interesting she has never mentioned potty training other than Rosie basically takes herself to her mat with the wipes and waits. A bit surprised she hasn’t learned to wipe her own bum and then clean the toilet for her mum yet tbh.

• Haha

wakametango 2.0

VIP Member
This too - when she goes to actual school isn’t she going to be bored shitless and then start displaying negative behaviours from her boredom?
What perfect Rosie!? 😂 she may be the kind of child desperate for adult interaction/conversation as that’s what she’s used to
I feel bad as she’s poured her heart into teaching her but my god, where’s the fun! Does she ever get to shake her bottom or make fart noises with her mummy 😆