Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sephylily

VIP Member
Agree! The only two I follow are Molly and Amber - I love how amber is not afraid to talk politics, get real about stuff, her honesty is so refreshing and she just comes across as really genuine to me.
i've had an experience with amber that would massively expose me if i said anymore but she's a raging bitch and i wouldn't be too certain about her political views if i were you

• Wow
Reactions: 85

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Why’s this thread turned into the Financial Times I just wanna call Amber CHALDISH

Can we all just agree she’s a twat and move on?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76

fwooper

VIP Member
The UK's 85% white. Since Love Island went mainstream white people have been under-represented. People with significant black heritage have been over-represented.

Beauty's in the eye of the beholder, I suppose 🤷‍♀️ Irony of ironies... go back less than a couple of years you'd find Amber staggering around dingy clubs on the Toon.
If you're gonna play around with statistics to make your weird ass point, at least do it properly. Love Island doesn't have over 70s hobbling around the villa, so you should be looking at the % for the younger subset of the population. And even then, that's not gonna be a fair baseline - Love Island is meant to represent a very specific social scene (i.e. nightlife in the UK's major cities), and I can tell you your average nightclub in Manchester is not 85% white lol. And in any case, you're being obtuse if you think the demographics of a show like Love Island should exactly match the ethnic makeup of the UK. Representation is more complicated than that, and if you think having a show full of white people is fine because that matches a percentage you googled, I'm not sure you're clued up enough to engage in the discussion you're attempting to have.

Maura and Greg are from Ireland and were on UK Love Island - considering they aren't even from the UK and Irish-born people make up less than 1% of the UK population, Irish people were extraordinarily overrepresented in S5 according to your metric! Someone start the moral panic! But I bet you don't get your knickers in a twist over that.

• Heart
Reactions: 60

Sallyspal

VIP Member
Ye I personally think and always thought Amber was immature , bitchy and arrogant Amber.... she has serious attitude

Reactions: 58

gurunoway

Did anyone else hear Kaz saying “fuck them” in the background when Amber said people back home were annoyed that she was in Dubai and posting stories. They're both arrogant beyond belief.
IMG_3708.png

2 weeks later, she's telling us how serious this virus is. We have known. We were trying to tell you.

Kaz Crossley is a clown.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 49

Honeybee1

Ah guys I hated Amber in love island and wanted molly and Tommy to win - still think they deserved it :/ but I did bump into Amber earlier this year, I was crying over an argument I had and she asked me if I was okay and stayed with me until I felt better she even asked me if I wanted any money to get home and got me a bottle of water! I think she’s actually quite lovely. Maybe she puts on a persona on love island as a “diva” for views because she was nothing like I expected.. it’s a shame others got a bad experience of her because she was lovely with me

• Heart
Reactions: 47

fwooper

VIP Member
I feel like Amber could've had roaring success like Molly Mae... all the things were set up in her favour. People loved her Love Island journey and people basically voted for her rather than the couple she was in, which is a testament to how much people were rooting for her. But I feel like she/her management really dropped the ball and didn't capitalise on that popularity - she wasn't consistent with her influencer content and after the Miss Pap deal she didn't really do much else. So now she is scrambling to do anything that'll make a quick buck. I feel like if she was a bit savvier with influencing she could've come out with a brand that was 'hers' and had longevity, e.g. natural hair products. People would've bought the shit out of that! But now just over a year later she is already resorting to coming out with a shitty fitness guide?

I feel like some people just aren't meant to be influencers and that's okay. If you keep trying to force it, doing random sponsorships here and there to keep afloat without pushing to create a more secure brand/product, those sponsorships will inevitably trickle away as you get older and less relevant. You don't want to risk 10 years going by, the money drying up and nothing to fall back on.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

whatstheteab

VIP Member
I always got major bad vibes from Amber. I hate how she claims to be the first solo winner as if Jess wasn’t the sole reason her couple won Season 1. I’m surprised she doesn’t have a thread on here.

Reactions: 44

follyol

If that's the case why were none of the guys interested in her? You find numerous Ambers in every provincial nightclub.
Honestly? Probably because she was mixed race. You get a different insight into the show watching it as a black woman tbh .. let’s not pretend like love island doesn’t have an issue with women of colour- in however many years that it’s been going on there’s been maybe 3 black women on the show and I’d say probably 3 mixed race women too? Your comment about finding Ambers in provincial night clubs is a little 🥴 tbh

• Heart
Reactions: 40

whatstheteab

VIP Member
Has she actually done anything notable since winning the show? Her deal with Misspap was a huge flop, easily one of the tackiest influencer collections I’ve ever seen. It’s a little ironic that she called Joanna a dead ting yet she’s getting a lot more deals than she is 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 39

Henearne129

I worked with her in my previous job on a fashion campaign (you can guess where) she was dead nasty, made comments like “no white girls allowed” when out on campaign nights out, (she also does coke, no matter what she says) had me drive to London last min on a Sunday night from the North for a last dress fitting before her event for the company then sent me home after about 20 minutes and said she couldn’t be arsed and the clothes would be “ok”.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 39

Honeybee1

I’m so glad amber completely called lucie out in the recent accusation she made against yewande. Whole situation really angered me
Me too!
Lucie literally tried to pursue Tommy after crying about Joe and when Tommy was with Molly. She was always the girl that said “I’m not like the other girls” to impress the boys. She’s just a fraud. Yewande was always classy in the show and even when dealing with the Arabella situation, she was never nasty to her

As I’m mixed race with an unusual biblical name, I know exactly how it feels when people don’t bother trying to say your name right. There is definitely a racist vibe to this. Just because someone’s name is hard to say doesn’t mean you can insist that you call them by a LETTER?? To be honest I think Amber is a great friend for sticking up for Yewande.

Last edited:
Reactions: 38

MidnightRambler

VIP Member
I actually have some mutual contacts of Amber and her family, so have a little bit of tea on her ;)

Her sister is a qualified personal trainer, and they have had a falling out over this AmberFlexx nonsense, as it was never mentioned by Amber to her family, she has used a male trainer as the guide for the programme, and the whole thing itself is pretty crap quality from a training point of view. So her sister is (I suppose quite understandably) miffed that Amber didnt ever mention her fitness venture, didnt ask for any advice, and has come out with a shit product. Doesn't look great when you're a jobbing PT and your well known sister is hawking rubbish plans online I suppose. Not that it will ever be successful of course.

In other news, she currently has a sort of 'pay as you go' agency agreement at the moment, as her previous management have terminated their deal with her after she failed to attend a call about a possible branding deal with a razor/shaving firm. This has happened on many occasions, all of the rumours about her attitude are definitely true, she has no commitment or punctuality and has lost a tonne of opportunities because of it. She has also been blacklisted by the hair and make up team who do Fabulous Magazine after turning up late for a shoot and reported 'hygiene issues' that meant artists were literally asking not to work on her face/hair, ew :sick:

On top of that, she is utterly skint and this latest round of increasingly desperate PR is a last attempt at gaining some interest before she has to call it in - not sure what this means but my friend thinks they're talking insolvency. Expect her to be on every podcast and in every low rent magazine in the next month or so in the hope she can get some panel show and reality tv appearances asap.

All in all - she has blown it, big time o_O

• Wow
Reactions: 38

tippingpoint

VIP Member
Oh come on what is Amy doing? Fuck all. Going on that stupid dating show being nuts as usual that’s it. Anna? Still masquerading as a Khloe Kardashian piñata. Most of them, including Amber and Yewande, have done fuck all!

• Haha
Reactions: 37

follyol

The UK's 85% white. Since Love Island went mainstream white people have been under-represented. People with significant black heritage have been over-represented.

Beauty's in the eye of the beholder, I suppose 🤷‍♀️ Irony of ironies... go back less than a couple of years you'd find Amber staggering around dingy clubs on the Toon.
Lol wow the closet racist really jumped right out didn’t it? You’re talking nonsense though I’d love to know what ‘significant black heritage’ means, please do explain.

Reactions: 35

larade

Me too!
Lucie literally tried to pursue Tommy after crying about Joe and when Tommy was with Molly. She was always the girl that said “I’m not like the other girls” to impress the boys. She’s just a fraud. Yewande was always classy in the show and even when dealing with the Arabella situation, she was never nasty to her

As I’m mixed race with an unusual biblical name, I know exactly how it feels when people don’t bother trying to say your name right. There is definitely a racist vibe to this. Just because someone’s name is hard to say doesn’t mean you can insist that you call them by a LETTER?? To be honest I think Amber is a great friend for sticking up for Yewande.
1000%. Really gone off Amber as of late due to her fitness plan and Dubai trip but there’s no doubt she’s a really good friend. I’m white and have an unusual Irish name. Unlike the name Yewande, my name isn’t said how it’s spelt and that can trip people up a lot when they read it. People have mispronounced my name, called me different names accidentally, etc. But never have I once been asked to go by a nickname so it was easier for someone to remember or pronounce my name. Lucie continuously asking Yewande if she could call her Y is such a microaggression and she should’ve been given a talking to by the LI producers at the very least.

Last edited:

Gamu

VIP Member
Did anyone else hear Kaz saying “fuck them” in the background when Amber said people back home were annoyed that she was in Dubai and posting stories. They're both arrogant beyond belief.

• Angry
  • Wow