Am I being ghosted? (New relationship)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm terrible in this situation and would have to have the last word šŸ™ˆ but then block! Just a short message to let him know that his actions had hurt me...why the duck should men think its ok to do this sort of thing?? The satisfaction of him trying to reply to that and then realising he's blocked would be enough for me šŸ˜ but my advice seems to be different from everyone else's so don't listen to me haha. I hope you're ok, you seem like such a lovely girl and deserve so much better than this šŸ˜˜

Reactions: 14
Sorry if this was already mentioned as I just don't have the time to read the full thread, but you follow each other and any other social media?

I would 1000000% say do not message again or call him.

If someone wants to talk to you then they will make the time. Its a horrible feeling but I've been there so I'm not saying that to hurt you.

Last man I was with said he wanted me to know that he was serious about us, and then went cold 2 days later and then was in a relationship and love bombing another woman all over social media 2 weeks after that.

It hurt like hell. And I've not put myself out there since (2 years ago now). But I never acknowledged it with him or asked him for answers ever. I felt better for doing that in the long run.

Just don't give him the satisfaction of (in his eye) of begging for his attention.

Would you treat him how he has just treated you? No. So why put up with behaviour like that for yourself.

Reactions: 13
Just been reading this thread as best as I can and agree with all the ladies saying to block and delete him.

Some of the stories in this thread could be some of my past dating experiences. And I know from friends that sadly men often do this crappy behaviour. Donā€™t even get me started on them twisting it back on us playing the ā€˜crazy obsessiveā€™ bullshit when they are the ones in the wrong!

I got involved deeply with a man who would never commit and Iā€™d make excuses for his crappy behaviour. There were warning signs after the first few dates and Iā€™d also feel like I was walking on eggshells not to say or do the wrong thing to upset him or let him thing I was crazy!

I honestly wish the first time he started to show is true colours Iā€™d walked away. Instead I let him come back time and time again for the best part of 3 years! My friends and family although kind to listen were sick of hearing about him and told me to block him which Iā€™d do but I would always end up unblocking him and heā€™d pop back up like a bad smell! Got to a point he knew Iā€™d end up unblocking him and I think he loved knowing he could have me whenever he wanted.

I think itā€™s better to cut someone off at the first sign of them acting crappy! As the saying goes you give someone an inch they will take a mile! I donā€™t take any tit since that and if they duck about I donā€™t give them another thought. I know some might say itā€™s harsh but I will never let another man treat me the way that guy did and make me feel as badly about myself as he did!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I'm terrible in this situation and would have to have the last word šŸ™ˆ but then block! Just a short message to let him know that his actions had hurt me...why the duck should men think its ok to do this sort of thing?? The satisfaction of him trying to reply to that and then realising he's blocked would be enough for me šŸ˜ but my advice seems to be different from everyone else's so don't listen to me haha. I hope you're ok, you seem like such a lovely girl and deserve so much better than this šŸ˜˜
Men like this donā€™t even try to reply.

Reactions: 13
Do option 3, never contact him again.

But if you feel like you need to get all your emotions out on paper, write a letter or email - your sassy text. Just donā€™t send it

Hope youā€™re okay xx
YES! This is the best advice I ever received. My notes on my phone contain the innermost thoughts of my crazy šŸ¤£ Iā€™ve spent many nights tossing and turning then written the crazy message in my notes and gone soundly to sleep with it all off my chest.

I did send one once, but it waited for about 3 days to make sure I really meant it all and I asked his permission before sending it šŸ˜³

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Do option 3, never contact him again.

But if you feel like you need to get all your emotions out on paper, write a letter or email - your sassy text. Just donā€™t send it

Hope youā€™re okay xx
This is the advice I gave my daughter when some bleep was messing her about. It worked. She got it out of her system without actually contacting him. xx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
YES! This is the best advice I ever received. My notes on my phone contain the innermost thoughts of my crazy šŸ¤£ Iā€™ve spent many nights tossing and turning then written the crazy message in my notes and gone soundly to sleep with it all off my chest.

I did send one once, but it waited for about 3 days to make sure I really meant it all and I asked his permission before sending it šŸ˜³
Yes to the notes Iā€™ve done this šŸ¤£

Then read back when Iā€™ve calmed down (or sobered up) and been so glad I havenā€™t sent them phew

Reactions: 8
I've read the thread and I'm invested šŸ˜† what a scum bag! Definitely delete and block. He isn't busy and he was telling you that he was still on dating apps but being clumsy and innocent about it. He may have been rebounding and was using you to feel loved and boost his ego but now hes back with her. Part of me wants you to find out because I want closure šŸ˜† but I don't think you should waste your time. Delete, block and move on. 2020 is so tit isn't it! Heres to 2021!

I have been in similar situations many times and I have learnt at the end of the day if someone wants to be with you then they will be with you. I will never understand the way men think and act. :ROFLMAO: I would say block and delete everywhere otherwise you will just be checking your phone for a reply.
You are much better off without him. X

Reactions: 9
I think he is playing you.

Block and move on x
Exactly this. I've this so many times it's untrue. Then I always find I'm making excuses for them. He basically only wanted sex and now he cba. Block and move on.

Agree.

Itā€™s all just verging on being a bit weird.

Why the need to ā€œbubbleā€ together? Youā€™ve known the guy for a few weeks!! Heā€™s a relative stranger!!!!!

All the chat about keeping the stuff in a box..... sorry but thatā€™s kinda..... creepy. What 25 year old guy does that?!

all sorts of alarm bells are ringing here. He sounds like a wrongā€™un
I think he just pretended he did the box thing because he thinks that is what girls love and he thought that would be a way to get you into bed. Some boys have no morals because they only want sex.

Girl chat needed!! Sorry this is so long haha. Iā€™ve given in-depth detail, it looks obsessive but Iā€™ve just done it to give you a clear picture because my mind is just all over the place.

Iā€™ve just started seeing this guy. We met on a dating app. Both 25. Heā€™s not your stereotypical fk boy or anything. Heā€™s not a pretty boy either. Heā€™s intelligent, has a very good job (works in medicine discovery), close family, heā€™s a bit nerdy but I like that etc.

Things had been going really well. Weā€™ve been dating for just over 2 months (he lives alone so we bubbled - our first few dates were walks with my dog in the park. Also Iā€™m in Scotland so we arenā€™t in a major lockdown... yet) which doesnā€™t seem long but weā€™ve already spent a lot of time together. We feel very close already, weā€™ve both told our families about each other but havenā€™t met yet (obviously). When we spend time together he always asks me to stay over etc which is nice to feel like he wants me around (previously Iā€™ve always felt guys canā€™t wait for you to leave lol). He treats me like a princess and Iā€™ve never had someone treat me so well before. He compliments me, is very affectionate etc. Probably even more than me! Which I am not used to, I always feel like Iā€™m the one giving more if that makes sense. So this has been such a wonderful experience to feel so wanted. Heā€™s said multiple times about how he canā€™t wait for future things with me like going on holiday etc. When I have to leave his he usually asks me to stay ā€˜just a bit longerā€™ and then heā€™ll make jokes about me ā€˜just moving inā€™. I know itā€™s way too soon for that but itā€™s nice to know that the idea may be there for the future. Like I said, itā€™s just nice to feel like he really wants me around. He also said for me to just leave things at his place to save me bringing them every time, so I did (the stuff is still there, nothing major). He surprised me with lovely bath bombs from lush, he said he got them because we were talking about how much I love baths. The first few times I stayed over at his I woke up with a really sore back because the pillows were too flat so when we were at IKEA he said that he wanted me to pick a new pillow one for his house. He also had a small box on a shelf in his place, he moved it and was kinda giggly and said I couldnā€™t see in it. We were just joking around so I was begging him to show me. It was a box of things from our dates and time together, receipts, tickets, just random stuff. I thought this was so sweet. He said he was keeping it all because maybe he would make me something for Christmas. The weekend before last, he said he was falling for me, I said the same. Iā€™ve never had someone say this to me OR said it to someone else.

For the most part when we are not together we text sporadically throughout the day, not constantly just a few times then we usually chat more in the evenings (after work) about our day etc. This is how itā€™s been the whole time.

So basically it was all going so well and I was feeling so optimistic.

Rewind to: the beginning of last week -
We werenā€™t due to see each other until possibly Thursday/Friday so we were face timing in the evenings. This was all fine, weā€™d chat for a few hours in the evening then go to bed.

Tuesday (last week) -
We had a sort of weird conversation via FaceTime. He was saying that earlier that day he was ā€˜stressingā€™ a little about doing things that I wouldnā€™t like, then keeping them from me, as that would make him feel really bad. I was so confused about what on earth he meant! He said he wished he met me first, before he dated anyone else (this was the first time Iā€™d heard of him dating anyone else). I asked him why he felt this way, was is because he had to now tell them that he was not interested? (which I know can be a difficult thing to do). He said he had already stopped seeing them. BUT he went on to say that it made him feel bad, like he was lying to me and that he doesnā€™t want to stress about those things. I told him I understood and what mattered most to me was how we proceeded from that point, not what happened in the early days. He then went on to say that IF he ever HAPPENED to go on a dating app when we were together, that is wouldnā€™t mean anything and sometimes he just gets bored. I donā€™t agree with this but itā€™s hard to explain over FaceTime. The point of a dating app is to swipe on who you are attracted to in the hopes that a conversation begins and that leads somewhere, so I donā€™t agree with doing it when in a relationship. There must be some motive there. Basically I was very confused. I think he wasnā€™t explaining himself properly. He gets very flustered and muddled up and I try to calm him and tell him to just be straight but he still gets worked up. He told me heā€™s suffered with anxiety for most of his life and that heā€™s still takes medication to help. I get that, I have anxiety as well but maybe is different ways to him. I think perhaps he meant that he had been on those apps when we were dating and now feels really bad because his anxiety was making him worry. So he then ended the conversation saying ā€˜Iā€™ve already told you Iā€™m falling for you and I am. I really want us to be exclusive but want to ask the right way (ie not over FT) but I just want youā€™. So from that conversation I was very confused but then kind of reassured but still confused... šŸ„“

Wednesday (last week) -
He told me that he was very busy with a report for work that was due at the beginning of this week. He had already mentioned this to me earlier that week so I was aware that he had been working on it. He said that as it was his first report, he was really struggling and that it was taking much longer that he anticipated. This meant that he was going to spend the whole weekend doing the report and therefore couldnā€™t see me Thursday/Friday. He was very apologetic and said that if he was finished by Sunday, we could spend the day together. If not, he said heā€™d be able to see me the beginning of this week. I was understanding and told him not to worry about it, work is obviously very important.

Thursday onwards -
He started texting me way less. I always try to not read too much into these things because, itā€™s only texting!! But if you remember how I said weā€™d text somewhat regularly and now that suddenly stopped you can just feel that something is off (Iā€™m sure you all know what I mean). I told myself that he was busy, I gave him space to work and I didnā€™t pester him. Texting went like this:
- He text me Thursday night, I replied later that evening
- He didnā€™t reply till Friday night, I replied later
- He didnā€™t reply till Saturday night, I replied later
- He didnā€™t reply till Sunday night, I replied later

Our conversations were varied and felt normal (even though they were once a day). He told me about his report and how long it was taking, heā€™d wish me a good sleep or that I had a good day, at one point he said he wished I was there to snuggle him. So the things he was texting me were normal. On Saturday I said I was sorry he had had such a crappy week and weekend. He came back (on Sunday) saying ā€˜No Iā€™m sorry, for being so tit, Iā€™ve just got so much work still to doā€™. So I thought, ā€˜okay heā€™s really busyā€™. I didnā€™t push him to make arrangements with me for the week because I was trying to just give him space and time to do his work. I replied to his message on Sunday night.

We havenā€™t spoken since. I know itā€™s only three days but radio silence all of a sudden is just strange! His last seen on WhatsApp was Sunday at 6:00pm ish (until last night). So he didnā€™t even come online for days, which again is very strange. I know he communicates with other people via WhatsApp so thatā€™s very strange and just made me feel like maybe he was avoiding me?

He came online last night at around 6ish but he hasnā€™t even read my message let alone reply. My head starts to go a bit crazy when things like this happen because I start worrying that something is really wrong. When he hadnā€™t been online in 2 days I genuinely thought ā€˜well something really bad could have happened to him and Iā€™d have no way of knowing!ā€™

I always feel like a ā€˜crazy womanā€™ when I start looking at ā€˜last seenā€™ etc and I feel like guys make us out to be crazy for looking at those things but thatā€™s because they suddenly start acting SO WEIRD. Itā€™s not crazy. I find it weirder that he suddenly wasnā€™t ever online. Thatā€™s crazy. Or the fact that when he finally did come on, he didnā€™t read my message and reply when we were pretty much in a relationship. Itā€™s so out of character. So like I said, I started to worry that something was maybe wrong so I sent a simple ā€˜I hope you are okay?ā€™ I sent this last night at around 8pm but heā€™s still not been back online...

Iā€™m just so confused. Heā€™s fallen off the face of the earth. Part of me is thinking ā€˜is he ghosting me???ā€™ But literally the last time we actually spoke (and not via text) he was saying he was falling for me, wanted to be exclusive etc so what the hell?!?

I donā€™t really have a question, I just wanted to vent. I feel a fool. I told my family about him, something he encouraged me to do! (and Iā€™ve never told my family about a guy before!!!!). So now they keep asking about him and I just mumble something because Iā€™m embarrassed, I donā€™t know what to say. I also told my friends just last week!! So if I come back not even a week later saying this Iā€™ll just look so stupid.

Part of me thinks he wouldnā€™t be ghosting me because why would he have said all that stuff, that he was falling for me, encouraging me to tell my family, having keepsakes from out dates, asking me to keep things at his etc. WHY would he do all that if his intentions werenā€™t serious. I know sometimes guys just say things but thatā€™s all taking it a bit too far. He has my stuff at his house! Surely that would just make things really complicated so why ask me to leave things if he was going to ghost me?

What are your thoughts?

For a second I thought, maybe he had the virus and feels bad and doesnā€™t know how to tell me? I hadnā€™t seen him in person since the 31st so perhaps he caught it after or... I honestly donā€™t know. Iā€™m not sure why he wouldnā€™t tell me though, we could wait a few weeks it wouldnā€™t be a big deal. As you can see, my mind is just wandering to every possibility. Iā€™m so confused.
Totally know how you feel....you aren't crazy. it's weird when people who use WhatsApp regularly just then don't and to not even read your message is just PLAIN RUDE.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3

Oh believe me, when I have fights with my boyfriend, I write what I really think of him in my notes šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ and then compose myself and talk calmly. Anyone who read my notes would think Iā€™m a maniac šŸ˜‚ sometimes I read them back and cringe at myself!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Oh believe me, when I have fights with my boyfriend, I write what I really think of him in my notes šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ and then compose myself and talk calmly. Anyone who read my notes would think Iā€™m a maniac šŸ˜‚ sometimes I read them back and cringe at myself!
Hahaha I darenā€™t read them back, Iā€™d leave him šŸ˜³šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Hahaha I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does this. If I ever lost my phone I'd be more panicked about someone opening my notes pages than my banking app šŸ™ˆšŸ˜…šŸ¤£

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Hahaha I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does this. If I ever lost my phone I'd be more panicked about someone opening my notes pages than my banking app šŸ™ˆšŸ˜…šŸ¤£
This is me. When I can't find my phone this is the first thought that comes into my head šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Thatā€™s some balls to come and tell the girl youā€™re going out with youā€™ve had an amazing date with someone else. Frigging hell!
Thatā€™s some balls to come and tell the girl youā€™re going out with youā€™ve had an amazing date with someone else. Frigging hell!
I know right I was just like ahh thatā€™s nice good night then cried myself to sleep. I did love him by then (it was 3 months in) .. he didnā€™t speak to me for 2 weeks (all this time I could see him on WhatsApp ALL night like he wouldā€™ve been with me if we werenā€™t together and I felt SO sick) whilst that happened and failed and I barely ate, cried all day couldnā€™t think straight, feeling completely worthless etc then he came back like all was great and embarrassingly I said absolutely nothing. Iā€™m not confrontational at all hence when the girl I suspected popped up on his phone I walked out blocked him and never spoke to him again. Since then I have been quite cold towards guys because Iā€™m just waiting for it happen again

This is me. When I can't find my phone this is the first thought that comes into my head šŸ˜‚

SAME! When I was really ill last year I even rang my brother and said Iā€™ve written my will in my notes on my phone incase I die only you know so make sure you get it hahašŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Heart
  • Haha
I also wanted to add I worked in a pub Years ago and a guy in there chased me for weeks, I wasnā€™t interested in dating at all but he was super persistent. Eventually I was flattered and gave in and he took me for a lovely meal and pursued me with real talk of a future. The week of our 3rd date his messages became almost non existent and he cancelled saying he had a ā€œcoldā€. I text back asking if that was an excuse and he sent me a horrible text about me being a clingy possessive freak and how dare I accuse him of lying. The night we were meant to go for our date I was out with friends consoling myself and he walked in hand in hand with another girl. Said it all.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
I also wanted to add I worked in a pub Years ago and a guy in there chased me for weeks, I wasnā€™t interested in dating at all but he was super persistent. Eventually I was flattered and gave in and he took me for a lovely meal and pursued me with real talk of a future. The week of our 3rd date his messages became almost non existent and he cancelled saying he had a ā€œcoldā€. I text back asking if that was an excuse and he sent me a horrible text about me being a clingy possessive freak and how dare I accuse him of lying. The night we were meant to go for our date I was out with friends consoling myself and he walked in hand in hand with another girl. Said it all.
I had something similar happen many years ago. Was seeing a guy - all very intense, we would text literally all day every day, spoke on the phone every night, met up as often as we could (we were 18/19, lived in different towns and this is way before iPhones & social media!!!) I made arrangements to move to his town for college - he was over the moon, lots of plans were made etc. I moved and literally didnā€™t hear from him for about a week despite my texts/calls - I thought he was dead! Then I got drunk one night and sent him a big emotional text telling him I loved him etc and all the rest of it and his response was absolutely horrible! I can still remember one line ā€œduck off - you are not my bleeping girlfriend- I donā€™t have to explain myself to you- donā€™t ever contact me againā€

I was heartbroken. I came completely out of left field. Turned out he had an actual girlfriend in town and he had been somehow playing me along the whole time..... lying little bastard.

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 29
I had something similar happen many years ago. Was seeing a guy - all very intense, we would text literally all day every day, spoke on the phone every night, met up as often as we could (we were 18/19, lived in different towns and this is way before iPhones & social media!!!) I made arrangements to move to his town for college - he was over the moon, lots of plans were made etc. I moved and literally didnā€™t hear from him for about a week despite my texts/calls - I thought he was dead! Then I got drunk one night and sent him a big emotional text telling him I loved him etc and all the rest of it and his response was absolutely horrible! I can still remember one line ā€œduck off - you are not my bleeping girlfriend- I donā€™t have to explain myself to you- donā€™t ever contact me againā€

I was heartbroken. I came completely out of left field. Turned out he had an actual girlfriend in town and he had been somehow playing me along the whole time..... lying little bastard.
Iā€™ve never understood how people have the guts to live a double life. One of my mumā€™s friends was with a man for almost seven years. He worked away in the week, but they did live together and he came home most weekends. Sometimes though he would say he had to stay on for longer. She was always going on about how they had plans to get married and have children, but that he hadnā€™t proposed yet.
Eventually one day she got a weird phone call asking if she was ā€œClaire woodā€(fake name), she confirmed she was and they asked did she have a partner called ā€œste Holmesā€ (fake name) she confirmed she did, but got worried at this point as she thought he had been in an accident, but the line went dead... her partner was away at this point ā€œworkingā€ and she couldnā€™t get hold of him, she rang him and text him for days with no response.

Eventually she rang the number that rang her and this woman answered and explained that she was his wife, she had been his wife for 15 years! My mumā€™s friend didnā€™t hear from her ā€œpartnerā€ again, he didnā€™t even collect his things...it was awful.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
This has happened to me too and I didnā€™t realise how common it was! Itā€™s never happened to any girls I know, so I thought there was something wrong with me.

I had to put myself in therapy because of how much it affected me. He disappeared when I was pregnant so it really messed with me.

Iā€™m literally too scared to date again. Iā€™ve been single for years because of it. And these stories are confirming my fears!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15