All things Heavy Metal

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Axl Rose and Adriana Smith getting it on and recording it for 'Rocket Queen' on Appetite For Destruction. Some say she was seeing Steven Adler, others say she was seeing Slash.
And according to her, she wasn't seeing either of them! 🤣 who knows what was really going on

• Wow
Reactions: 1
So pleased there's a Metal thread on here! I must have missed it :ROFLMAO:

Big fan of Slipknot - always good value but haven't seen them in years!

Fave bands past and present would include Priest, Maiden, UFO, Sabbs, DragonForce, Whitesnake, Trivium, Atreyu and good old Killswitch Engage

Quite a few others but have really lost touch these last 12 months. Really hope the festivals reopen later this year or 2022 at the latest.

Reactions: 2
I kinda like the fact that both Till Lindemann and Richard Kruspe have a child with the same woman, and they all managed to get along and raise two beautiful daughters.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Yay a metal thread. Really missing going to gigs. We have faith no more in June, but I'm not confident it will happen. Then All them witches later on in the year which I'm hoping will happen.

Rammstein have postponed their US shows again, but I still haven't heard anything about the status of the European tour in June. I'm meant to be going to shows in Berlin and Belfast. I have a feeling they'll be pushed back until next year.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I don’t listen to music as much as I used to but I always come back to Danzig when I need a little metal.

I think I prefer 80s metal. My favourite is WASP. I honestly think they would have been more commercially successful if the singer had been more attractive.

Out of recent stuff , I quite like Mortiis. I think the first song I heard by them was tit , but they have some decent tunes.

Not really metal , but I realised how many good songs Motorhead had after Lemmy died. Like a bit Ozzy era Black Sabbath too.

I've recently discovered Nordic Folk; I really like Heilung and SKÁLD. If you liked some of the music in 'Vikings', then it sounds like that.

• Heart
Seriously though, I am a big fan of old school heavy mental, I have several Black Sabbath albums. I also like White Snake, Deep Purple (not necessarily a heavy metal band) Rainbow, Saxon a little Iron Maiden ect. When I was in my teens, I went through a phase of dressing like a "greaser," leather jackets and graffited denim waistcoat and jeans I have a photo to prove it! I don't do any headbanging anymore though!

TBH, I knew I'd turned into an elder stateswoman of metal fandom when I went to see Slayer and went 'NO bleeping WAY' when asked if I was going to go into the pit. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I think I prefer 80s metal. My favourite is WASP. I honestly think they would have been more commercially successful if the singer had been more attractive.

Out of recent stuff , I quite like Mortiis. I think the first song I heard by them was tit , but they have some decent tunes.

Not really metal , but I realised how many good songs Motorhead had after Lemmy died. Like a bit Ozzy era Black Sabbath too.
I saw WASP at Donnington years ago, really good live band. I knew a girl who slept with Blackie and said he was very charismatic.

TBH, I knew I'd turned into an elder stateswoman of metal fandom when I went to see Slayer and went 'NO bleeping WAY' when asked if I was going to go into the pit. :ROFLMAO:
Hahaha I like to stand by the pit but not in the pit. I still feel cool but I know I won't be wearing my beer 😆

Seriously though, I am a big fan of old school heavy mental, I have several Black Sabbath albums. I also like White Snake, Deep Purple (not necessarily a heavy metal band) Rainbow, Saxon a little Iron Maiden ect. When I was in my teens, I went through a phase of dressing like a "greaser," leather jackets and graffited denim waistcoat and jeans I have a photo to prove it! I don't do any headbanging anymore though!
I was influenced into listening to metal/rock by my dad, who was well into both during his teen years. He was brought up on bands like April Wine, Nazareth, Zepps, Sabbs, Lynard Skynard, Deep Purple, Priest and Rainbow.

Have seen some of his old photos when he dressed in biker gear, long hair, Motorhead t-shirt, sullen expression, and sticking his two fingers up at the camera - such a radical dude, lol

I never really liked Led Zeppelin, and only have a passing interest in Black Sabbath (Mob Rules, Heaven and Hell, and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, being my faves) But my dad still listens to them despite being in his 50s and pretending his another Jimi Hendrix, Jeff Beck, Tony Iommi or Richie Blackmore as he secretly plays air guitar in his music room :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Love a bit of metal and listening to it has kept me sane over the past year but I am missing live music.
Quiet riot
Motorhead
Iron maiden
Pantera
Deep purple
Metallica
Not metal as such bit alice in chains, eagles of death metal, queens of the stoneage and black veiled brides feature heavy on my playlist

I love metalcore a lot but I feel like it's being over run with SoundCloud rappers. Ugh no thank you. I have a Sirius xm trial in my car and there are so many cover songs and the SoundCloud rapper sound 🤢

Anyone have any suggestions? Some favorites are Lamb of God, Slipknot, FFDP, All shall perish, pre-2017 Asking Alexandria, bmth (pre-2018), killswitch engage, as I lay dying, architects etc
[Not into 80s or hair metal]

Ooh love this thread! Always been a big metal fan, grew up on the classics, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeath, Ozzy/Sabbath, Priest etc as a kid.

Now I'm more into metalcore and I guess just more "modern" metal. Love KSE, Trivium (Matt Heafy is my favourite man on this Earth 😍😅), Slipknot, Lamb of God, Chimaira, Arch Enemy, Devil Driver, Parkway Drive, Architects (LOVE these), While She Sleeps

• Heart
Have we got any fans of the wonderful Type O Negative here?

🙋‍♀️ their music is the perfect blend of goth, doom and thrash metal. (Imo) no other band has come even close to figuring out the T0N sound without sounding cheesy or copycat-ish. Wish we had their 90s gigs in 4k.
That being said, they were (are?) huge edgelords, especially Peter. Now that I'm older whenever I watch their interviews it makes me roll my eyes into the hell and back lol. However, there is no denying that Peter is a rather fine specimen of a man... Are you one of the lucky ones that saw them live?

Btw am I reaching or does Henry Cavil resemble Peter a bit? They have similar features, bar the nose