All things Heavy Metal

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
🙋‍♀️ their music is the perfect blend of goth, doom and thrash metal. (Imo) no other band has come even close to figuring out the T0N sound without sounding cheesy or copycat-ish. Wish we had their 90s gigs in 4k.
That being said, they were (are?) huge edgelords, especially Peter. Now that I'm older whenever I watch their interviews it makes me roll my eyes into the hell and back lol. However, there is no denying that Peter is a rather fine specimen of a man... Are you one of the lucky ones that saw them live?

Btw am I reaching or does Henry Cavil resemble Peter a bit? They have similar features, bar the nose
The thing with TON is that they took sarcasm to a whole new level. Everything in their interviews should be taken with a large pinch of salt. :LOL:

And yes, I did get to see them live! They only ever played one Irish show, back in '97, and they were majestic. Stuck Mojo played support. Years later, I met SM's guitarist, Rich Ward. He's now in Chris Jericho's band, Fozzy. I mentioned that I'd seen him as support on that show, and we ended up talking about Peter and how much we missed him. Also met Johnny Kelly and Sal Abruscato when A Pale Horse Named Death played Dublin. Got my copies of Bloody Kisses and October Rust signed.

Reactions: 2
The thing with TON is that they took sarcasm to a whole new level. Everything in their interviews should be taken with a large pinch of salt. :LOL:

And yes, I did get to see them live! They only ever played one Irish show, back in '97, and they were majestic. Stuck Mojo played support. Years later, I met SM's guitarist, Rich Ward. He's now in Chris Jericho's band, Fozzy. I mentioned that I'd seen him as support on that show, and we ended up talking about Peter and how much we missed him. Also met Johnny Kelly and Sal Abruscato when A Pale Horse Named Death played Dublin. Got my copies of Bloody Kisses and October Rust signed.
Omg that's amazing! So many wonderful memories, how fortunate that you were able to witness the band during their peak. I love reading your posts, mostly because the love you have for music is so evident but also because of all the incredible experiences you have under your belt. Do you mind telling (writing in this case ha) us about your fav gigs, musicians that you've met? Or whatever you think is the most intriguing :D

Omg that's amazing! So many wonderful memories, how fortunate that you were able to witness the band during their peak. I love reading your posts, mostly because the love you have for music is so evident but also because of all the incredible experiences you have under your belt. Do you mind telling (writing in this case ha) us about your fav gigs, musicians that you've met? Or whatever you think is the most intriguing :D
The most memorable gig I was at was Metallica at Milton Keynes in 1993. Not because of the actual gig, but because I'd run full tilt into the pit. I had a blast, went on the ground a few times, and got a huge bruise on my back........and found out a few weeks later that I'd been pregnant at the time. :ROFLMAO: The baby turns 27 tomorrow. And his first show was Metallica when he was 5.

Rammstein, 27th February 2012. Mainly because I'd loved the band since about the time Sehnsucht was released, but A) This was their first time in Ireland, and B) It was the night I looked at Richard Z. Kruspe and went MINE. :love::ROFLMAO:

reeshdublin.jpg

DAAAAAMN. Now I love the band so much I have a Rammstein tattoo, and planning an Emigrate one.

Favourite musician that I've met would have to be Duff McKagan. He's a total sweetheart, so nice and if he's met you once, he'll remember you. If you'd told me when I was 17 and listening to Appetite For Destruction for the first time that I'd meet Duff McKagan and have him remember me at a show, I'd have laughed at you. Close second would be Jason Newsted(Metallica). Jeff Ament from Pearl Jam was lovely, too. Met Ozzy Osbourne at a book signing and he was just the best. Exactly as you see him on TV.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Anyone like 3 inches of blood? They are brilliant, husband had one of their CDs in the car. Not something I'd normally choose myself

Please, I beg you, go check out Foo Fighters on Jo Wiley's 'Sofa Sessions'. They've done a cover of the Bee Gees 'You Should Be Dancing' and it's wonderful!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I have remembered that the best way to make your kids clear off is to blast Metallica's 'Master Of Puppets' full volume.

• Haha
  • Heart
Yay a metal thread. Really missing going to gigs. We have faith no more in June, but I'm not confident it will happen. Then All them witches later on in the year which I'm hoping will happen.
Ah dont, I know we havent heard anything yet but I doubt FNM will happen this year :( I'm gutted as its usually a big meet up with my friends from around the UK.

I saw WASP at Donnington years ago, really good live band. I knew a girl who slept with Blackie and said he was very charismatic.
Did he keep his wig on? :LOL: I love the Last Command album though.

Reactions: 1
It looks like Rammstein might be postponing their European shows until 2022. Apparently they'll be making a decision this month. I am fully prepared to wait until next year to see them if that's the case.

On the up side, they have a new album recorded and a live DVD they made in 2019, so there's that.

Have we got any fans of the wonderful Type O Negative here?

YES!!! Saw them twice, turned down the opportunity to go backstage during the World Coming Down tour, biggest regret ever!!!!!

It looks like Rammstein might be postponing their European shows until 2022. Apparently they'll be making a decision this month. I am fully prepared to wait until next year to see them if that's the case.

On the up side, they have a new album recorded and a live DVD they made in 2019, so there's that.
Kind of bittersweet, i didnt know they have a new album and dvd as I havent followed them for ages. The time i met them came up in my memories the other day, had to watch the In Amerika dvd last night.

• Wow
The heavy metal lovers won’t agree but anyone more pop rock/punk? Good Charlotte etc!

Not exactly metal, but they were really the only rave type band most of the metalheads I know liked.

Blasting The Prodigy today, in memory of Keith Flint.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Any Killing Joke fans on here? Not metal but their more recent output is definitely heavy.

Hello, newbie here and stumbled across this thread. Got all excited with Rammstein tour chat then checked the dates :(

Had tickets to see Slipknot last year but couldn't get a fecking babysitter. DH went with a friend and I haven't quite forgiven him for that yet.

I first saw Rammstein on their Mutter tour c.2001/2? Was about 15/16 and a lot skinnier so managed to squash my way to the front. Absolutely bloody brilliant gig and still left with my eyebrows intact!

According to reports in Germany, they'll make an announcement about the European shows this month. I'm not confident of them going ahead, but hey. I've waited a year for the show, I can hang on until 2022 if I have to.

• Wow
According to reports in Germany, they'll make an announcement about the European shows this month. I'm not confident of them going ahead, but hey. I've waited a year for the show, I can hang on until 2022 if I have to.
That sounds amazing. Although I have gotten grumpy when their "UK tour" only includes England. But feck it, will probably convince OH to go. He talked me into seeing At The Drive In in Dublin a couple of years ago 🤣

I have tickets for Berlin and Belfast, so I'm hoping they only get pushed back to next year and not cancelled. TBH, those shows have been the only things getting me through this total shitshow. :ROFLMAO:

I went on my honeymoon to Berlin a couple of years ago. Would bloody love to see them on their home turf.