Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

NineTails20

Chatty Member
Went to see Metallica at Milton Keynes in 1993. Ended up in the pit, got a bruise on my back in shape of someone's Doc Marten.

Found out I was pregnant two weeks later; he's 26 now!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11

NP

VIP Member
Oh just found this thread! I’m a big NIN fan. Seen them twice and they’re fantastic live. Saw Lamb of God too. Seen a number of other bands but more rock or grunge than metal (Avenged Sevenfold back in the day, Pearl Jam, Foos)

• Heart
Reactions: 8

eyeballs

VIP Member
My favourite band in the world is Avenged Sevenfold. Only seen them once , but that was at the 100 club so super intimate. Anyone else a fan?

Reactions: 7

NineTails20

Chatty Member
Managed to see TON once; OMG. I adore them. Met Johnny Kelly and Sal Abruscato when their band, A Pale Horse Named Death played Dublin, and they were both really nice.

Met James Hetfield and Jason Newsted at a Met Club M&G in 1996.

My all time favourite encounter with a rock star was Duff McKagan. I'll admit to going up to Dublin Airport to see if I could get lucky, and thank the gods, I did. He is just the sweetest guy ever. In the space of about 45 minutes, he'd asked me to write the address of his hotel on his boarding pass because he'd left his reading glasses in his bag, given me stick for being a Duran Duran fan, and signed my copy of his first book. If you'd told me when I was 18 and freaking out to 'Appetite For Destruction' that I would be in a lift with Duff McKagan, talking about why you're not allowed to touch a Cape Penguin, I'd have laughed at you.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

NineTails20

Chatty Member
I'm off to see Rammstein in Belfast and Berlin this summer, so I'm keeping everything crossed that I win a M&G through their fan club. I'm looking forward to the Belfast show, but beyond excited for the hometown show in Berlin.

Reactions: 6

TheWitchIsBack

VIP Member
I’ve hung out with NFG many times in Florida and haven’t ever heard any untoward things about them. Always seemed like nice guys. Pop punk bands sure do have a reputation though and a lot of it is true :/
This would have been around 18 years ago so I’d hope they’d have matured by now. The scene here back then was rife for underage girls in clubs etc. I was drinking in metal clubs and venues from the age of 14 and it was all just the norm then... all of us were all fawning over bands and just older guys in general and it’s only now I’m grown up with a kid of my own that I realise how grim it all was.

Reactions: 5

NineTails20

Chatty Member
I figure that I'm a Classic Metal fan; there's not many bands these days I can say I like.

One band I wish I'd seen live was Pantera. They were majestic in their day.

NineTails20

Chatty Member
I once met Jeff Ament when Pearl Jam first played Ireland. One of my mates dared me to ask him for a kiss. His reply?

"I'm sorry, but I don't kiss on the first date."

It's the nicest refusal I've ever had! 😂

• Haha

NineTails20

Chatty Member
My daughter's 20, and when I think back to even half of the shit I did at her age I shudder. Now she just makes fun of me for going to metal gigs and pro wrestling shows. 😂

• Haha

Meezy

Absolutely gutted that Rammstein cancelled the Belfast show! Rather annoyed too, tbh. I wonder why everywhere else could be rescheduled but not here :(

• Sad

NineTails20

Chatty Member
Not exactly metal, but they were really the only rave type band most of the metalheads I know liked.

Blasting The Prodigy today, in memory of Keith Flint.

• Heart

ETphonehome

Ooh hello! My faves are NIN (have been for years and seen them loads), Soilwork, Killswitch Engage, good old Metallica, Dillinger...