All things Heavy Metal

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went on my honeymoon to Berlin a couple of years ago. Would bloody love to see them on their home turf.
I cannot wait! I'm hoping to spend about five days there with some friends, one of whom is a native Berliner. I want to do some of the touristy tit while I'm there.

Reactions: 1
I cannot wait! I'm hoping to spend about five days there with some friends, one of whom is a native Berliner. I want to do some of the touristy tit while I'm there.
Well don't do what we did which was to assume we could just walk up to most stuff without pre-booking 🤣 Missed out on the Reichstag/parliament tours and going up the TV Tower. Instead we drank *a lot* of beer, read books and enjoyed smoking outside without feeling like a social pariah 🤣 Am sure your friends will keep you right.

Oh just found this thread! I’m a big NIN fan. Seen them twice and they’re fantastic live. Saw Lamb of God too. Seen a number of other bands but more rock or grunge than metal (Avenged Sevenfold back in the day, Pearl Jam, Foos)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Oh just found this thread! I’m a big NIN fan. Seen them twice and they’re fantastic live. Saw Lamb of God too. Seen a number of other bands but more rock or grunge than metal (Avenged Sevenfold back in the day, Pearl Jam, Foos)
I've not been to many big concerts, but I did see NIN twice as well. Those shows were bleeping amazing.

My husband was able to go to Ozzfest a few times and I'm still jealous lol. He was in a band in college so I went to a lot of those gigs, they opened for a few more well known bands. I want to say Alesana and He Is Legend, but that was a long time ago so don't hold me to it lol.

Reactions: 2
My kind of thread...

Went to See Slipknot on their last Uk Tour... Epic.

Got a few shots too

View attachment 472041View attachment 472042
Ive seen them a few times at Download. I'm not a massive fan but they put on an amazing show.
Jealous you got. To see NIN.

I've seen a few bands Pearl Jam, Faith no More, system of a down, mastadon, opeth, Metallica, 22 foot ninja to name a few. Last gig I went to was the Hu, which I wasn't sure if like but had an amazing time. I'm desperate to get to some more gigs

Reactions: 4
Absolutely gutted that Rammstein cancelled the Belfast show! Rather annoyed too, tbh. I wonder why everywhere else could be rescheduled but not here :(

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Hellooo is this thread still active? Any one here off to download festival this year?

I agree the lineup sucks ass.
I was so excited given it’s the anniversary but such a let down and what a cop out having Metallica play twice 🤣🤣

Reactions: 3
I agree the lineup sucks ass.
I was so excited given it’s the anniversary but such a let down and what a cop out having Metallica play twice 🤣🤣
Totally agree - I feel abit cheated lol was expecting to see 4 MainStage headliners especially due to the price of tickets this year. Anyways, we’re still going as we couldn’t last year.. looking forward to seeing parkway drive and slipknot the most I think

I'm a miserable old sod and think Metallica sold out over 20 years ago, so duck them. The only other band I would have considered is Slipknot but I feel like they made their best stuff 3 -4 albums ago.

I thought the line up looked quite good - but can't afford it!

I feel the line up is really similar to the last few years and not enough "bigger" bands doing it?

The two Metallica gigs are a joke - James must be hurting for money from his divorce

Really hoping The Distillers announce a tour 🤞 I'm tempted to go for the day as I can't commit to the weekend.

Watched Metallica at Leeds 2008, they were boss but the double headline is a cop out in my opinion.

Never really listened to Slipknot but Apple Music suggested Nero Forte in my playlist and it’s epic! I’ve clearly got catching up to do.

I’m more into industrial stuff like Killing Joke, Gravity Kills, Stabbing Westward. Plus all the NWOBHM I started listening to over 30 years ago.