Alicej_t #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel sad for her if they have experienced pregnancy loss, its awful and painful.

But as someone who did have a long journey to parenthood - how long can hers possibly have been? They would only have been together for 18 months when she got pregnant.

I wish she wouldn’t be so disingenuous.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Oh this news makes me nervous. Alice has always bought into fairytales, then reality hits and she absolutely crumbles, just look at the huge messes she’s made the last few years. She’s caught up in a fantasy at the moment- true love, new house, her dream wedding, I’m sure a baby seems like the icing on the cake. But everything we’ve seen from her so far points to the fact that she cannot handle real, hard, normal life. She makes terrible choices and so far it seems her children have suffered the most. I’m honestly still shocked that she moved her kids in with the conman Dan after barely knowing him. Her children could have suffered long-lasting harm from that decision.

Having a baby is vulnerable and strips you down to your core in a lot of ways. For someone like Alice, who is constantly performing for others, I don’t see it going well. She is the kind of person that convinces herself “with THIS guy and THIS situation” everything will be different. She has no idea that she is the problem, not her circumstances. So far she’s been a pretty unreliable parent, will things really be different with this baby?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I must say I admire her ability to cope with so much stuff going on. I had a meltdown just moving house so being pregnant and the build up to a wedding would have sent me over the edge.

Reactions: 5
@petitspois I think she thrives off the pressure and should this relationship be plain sailing, I think she’ll be bored. I can’t foresee how she will be happy with stability. I envisage some self sabotaging further down the line. She wants “perfect” but doesn’t know how to handle it.

Reactions: 10
Ohhhh Alice. Yes poor Elfie and Hux. I guess there are many children who are in this position, but it’s usually the dad who buggers off and starts a new family. All sorts of crazy attachment issue with it being the mother.

Also the point about it being planned AND how it was a long and tricky journey…. Did they start trying basically immediately after meeting?! Seems pretty fucked up to me.

That said, I hope it makes her happy because she is obviously always chasing the next thing and it would be good if she stops.

Reactions: 15
Alice’s pregnancy announcement is nauseating. It’s like she lives her life saying and doing what she believes is the proper way to be an adult, but she’s actually on the outside looking in and ticking off boxes.

- Pregnancy announcement (don’t forget to empathise with infertile women) ✔

I absolutely don’t believe this relationship will last. It is just too rushed. She never allowed herself time to recover from what sounded like two abusive relationships; three if you count the boyfriend who got married behind her back. 😳

Any therapist worth their salt would shake their head and say this is a rebound relationship established during a stressful pandemic. Once the excitement wears off, Alice will realise she has married her little brother and has nothing much in common with him.

She’s perpetually dissatisfied because ‘the perfect life’ doesn’t exist.

Hope he insisted on a prenup.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm glad the two kids seem to have a good support network outside of Alice. Her parents seem to have them a lot, and didn't they live with their dad throughout lockdown?

In situations like this I always imagine how they'll feel in years to come, when they're adults themselves and can see her actions through a different lens. It took me until my mid-20s to realise my parents were bad parents and not great people either. The kids suss it out eventually, just takes time.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hardly a bloody surprise. I do think it’s got a chance of working ooh with this bloke. He seems fairly normal and maybe that’s what she needs.

Reactions: 2
Hardly a bloody surprise. I do think it’s got a chance of working ooh with this bloke. He seems fairly normal and maybe that’s what she needs.
Alice really doesn’t want normal. She had that with her first husband who seems utterly normal. She also had perfectly normal as a single mother with two lovely children.

She craves an exciting life and a life that ticks all the boxes. She believes she deserves expensive shoes, bags and dresses, as well as business class trips to NYC with oysters and seafood platters. She also wants the big white second wedding, a house to be renovated and a new baby.

She has a very fixed idea in her mind of what she is entitled to in life.

Reactions: 10
The saddest bit about this is putting it all on the internet. You just know she’s reading here and it can’t feel good.

Alice, get off your phone. Get off Instagram. Go live in your real life. There are real people that need you. Likes or views or whatever are so worthless.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I feel sad for her if they have experienced pregnancy loss, its awful and painful.

But as someone who did have a long journey to parenthood - how long can hers possibly have been? They would only have been together for 18 months when she got pregnant.

I wish she wouldn’t be so disingenuous.
Just what I thought when I saw this. How can she call it a long journey when she’s barely known him a year or two? Unless she started trying the minute she met him, in which case she’s even more irresponsible than I thought.

No wonder her children looked sad and sidelined at the wedding. Thank god for their father.

And yes, the inauthentic box ticking ‘I feel you’ for those struggling to get pregnant honestly made me sick.

Reactions: 6
Just nauseating. Ridiculously fast for all of it and she’s so fake, she just constantly wants attention. Can she keep up the pace? She clearly gets so bored. What next when she’s had the baby? Another one? Move abroad? Swap this latest mug for a new one and start all over again?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.