Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

majestic26

VIP Member
I unashamedly love a Toby Carvery, and I love a Wetherspoons too. Pisses me off to no end when bougie middle-class influencers make a big thing of going to these places as though it's some kind of working class safari. Look at us, slumming it with the plebs, sooooo relatable.

For some people a Toby Carvery is one of the few experiences they might have of eating out - maybe for financial reasons, might be out of sheer habit, lots of them have kids play areas which makes it a viable family meal destination. The way she was going on about her husband - "how can a TOBY CARVERY be someone's favourite meal, oh the humanity" - oh fuck off, just let people like what they like.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

SharkAttack

VIP Member
I like the dress, hate the belt, dislike the lipstick, wouldn’t mind the shoes except they made no sense with the rest of the wedding colours, so ended up looking garish and out of place IMO.

What really stands out to me though, is her complete lack of including her children. Does that seem odd to anyone else? I mean, maybe it was different in real life, but she has been posting like mad without a mention of her kids.
Her customised jacket really sent my eyes rolling- she included all the special details of their day, including the dog, but nothing about her kids. How did the dog get a special mention before her actual children??!! I get that they are from a previous marriage but it just feels off to me. I would go out of my way to include my kids in a situation like this.
What made me laugh was the 'Once in a lifetime' when I believe this is her second marriage? And let's not even go there on how many engagements she's had!

WTF?
There are no words to describe how hideous this item of clothing is.
It is literally like something you'd get on one of those market stalls where they sell fleece jumpers with wolves on them.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

petitspois

VIP Member
I admire her attitude in many ways. She had a marriage break down at quite a young age (not that unusual I know) but she then dragged her kids into multiple house moves, then into several dodgy relationships, one of which conned her out of money. She's been made redundant and seemed to spend lockdown 1 all on her own but she bounces back.

She's like one of those acquaintances you see every six months or so and ask them how they are and they're like 'oh, I've moved twice, got a new job and am getting married next week!' then they ask me and I'm like 'Oh, I painted my fence'. :ROFLMAO:

So, she's with a manchild who looks like her son but has clearly bagged a rich one so I bet she thinks she's come up smelling of roses.

• Haha
Reactions: 23

skronkywildcat

VIP Member
He is literally the world's least sexual being. I'd rather get jiggy with a carton of off milk or that MP with a wig.

• Haha
Reactions: 23

SharkAttack

VIP Member
I think Elfie might have a little crush on step daddy dearest. Also, the Toby carvery, is he just slumming it with the “poors” to “keep it real”?

*please note, I love a TC and do not think people who go there are poor, but seems like an interesting choice for someone like him. 💴
‘Someone like him’? I think he is 💯 Mr Toby Carvery!
I really do! He’s bought a suburban house in a retirement town and has a weird little moustache and is entirely lacking in sex appeal.
Toby Carvery all the way through mate!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

majestic26

VIP Member
I really liked following her years ago, the small house she lived in before she moved into her mum and dad's garden bungalow was sweet, I liked her parenting content and her blog. She seemed like a single mum (albeit a fairly privileged one) trying to have a career and raise her kids and it was all semi-relatable and interesting to follow.

Then... I don't know WHAT happened. She moved into her parents' garden. There seemed to be a complete sea change in the kind of content she was sharing, mostly on Insta. Suddenly it was designer dresses and the dating scene. Photoshoots for Speedo (which I notice she's had framed in every single living room she's had since, cringe). I think perhaps a little bit of Insta-fame went to her head, and then she obviously got approached to write the divorce book, had a column in a national paper for a bit and it all just went a bit silly from there. The rich abusive boyfriends took it to another level (didn't she used to compare one of them to Mr Big? RED FLAG RED FLAG). The multiple attempts to turn her online presence into something else - selling the t-shirts, starting her own marketing agency, which then morphed into Slay, the weird life-coaching agency. Wasn't there one about being happy too?

Now I just can't even reconcile her social presence with the person she used to be. She seemed like a normal middle-class single mum with a two-bed semi in Milton Keynes. Now she's been living in a flat with no space for her kids to visit for the last year or so, has an obsession with status indicators like living in Shoreditch and going to Soho House, and has a weird fiance who literally looks like her own son in 20 years. Social media is a real trip, we've watched someone's life completely fall apart.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Scunci

Oh this news makes me nervous. Alice has always bought into fairytales, then reality hits and she absolutely crumbles, just look at the huge messes she’s made the last few years. She’s caught up in a fantasy at the moment- true love, new house, her dream wedding, I’m sure a baby seems like the icing on the cake. But everything we’ve seen from her so far points to the fact that she cannot handle real, hard, normal life. She makes terrible choices and so far it seems her children have suffered the most. I’m honestly still shocked that she moved her kids in with the conman Dan after barely knowing him. Her children could have suffered long-lasting harm from that decision.

Having a baby is vulnerable and strips you down to your core in a lot of ways. For someone like Alice, who is constantly performing for others, I don’t see it going well. She is the kind of person that convinces herself “with THIS guy and THIS situation” everything will be different. She has no idea that she is the problem, not her circumstances. So far she’s been a pretty unreliable parent, will things really be different with this baby?

• Heart
Reactions: 21

miagia

She is literally living her old life again. It's insane. Moving from Shoreditch out of London as a newly married pregnant woman. Lots of cooking, swooning over house stuff, showing off her money, shoving her pregnancy down everyones throats despite being SO SORRY to all the women out there who have also suffered with a "long, painful" fertility journey like she has 🙄. She's even restarted the blog. Now will she (after baby is born) 1) quit her job 2) blog her baby's life/her home life 3) become self employed again 4) get divorced 5) talk a lot about feminism. Time will tell. But I literally feel like I've transitioned back 12 years to Nottingham, pregnant, recipe Alice. She is mad!

• Wow
Reactions: 21

LucyLu2

That top table wedding photo is possibly the most tragic thing I've ever seen.

If you're so disinterested in your own wedding that you spend most of the day on your phone then I can tell you now that you're not in love with someone else at all. You're only in love with yourself. And if you're happy for your kids to be so bored that they spend the day on their phones too then you're a crap mum. And if you're prepared to share that photo on social media as if it is totally normal behaviour then you're the absolute worst.

She's learnt absolutely nothing from Grandpa and Dan the con-man has she? She's a tragic child herself and the fact that her parents seem to be happy to encourage this behaviour tells me they're complicit in the whole thing too. The sharing of all the suppliers made me absolutely p*ss myself with laughter. What tragic behaviour for a grown woman.

Reactions: 20

skronkywildcat

VIP Member
What sort of man would get together with a woman who has basically palmed off her kids on her ex? What sort of woman trades being the primary parent for nights out eating cheap Canadian lobster in tragic millennial instagram hotspots? It's baffling.

Reactions: 20

majestic26

VIP Member
I can't be the only one feeling frustrated that someone who makes such bad choices (that affect her family as well as her) always seems to land on her feet.

She moved her kids in with a conman who supposedly duped her out of savings, she then dumped her kids to live the single life at Soho House, she was in an on-off-on-again relationship with Gramps, who I'm sure she hinted was abusive... all these constant bad decisions, and now she's married and expecting, with an expensive house and paid holidays in Cannes.

Reactions: 19

Maria1

Chatty Member
As a single mum (and this was my rules and I'm not expecting people to do the same), no man got near my children. I would date and have relationships but they never met the children, never stayed overnight and certainly didn't move in. I now have a lovely man but he didn't appear until the children were in their teens and he had proved himself.
Like I say, this was the way I wanted to do it, my children's security was my main concern and not melding them into a forced family unit everytime a man was around. Yes, it was hard work and lonely but my kids admire me for it. Alice just cares about Alice and the 'gram.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Maria1

Chatty Member
All the reels of 'quirky' meetings held around pools with wanky, predominately, middle class, white people plotting to make us consume more stuff we don't need are making me angry.
They're about as quirky and alternative and fun loving as the 1922 Commitee.

• Haha

Ellabella

VIP Member
Jesus, that blog resurrection post is the most smug read ever. 2018 (the Gramps years) was apparently a time of "a really difficult set of personal circumstances". But on Instagram it was all business class flights to NY and seafood platters, love you 💕 so much etc. She is a liar, a snob, obsessed with status and full of BULLshit.

• Heart

Scunci

Yikes, I’m already over the smug pregnancy content 😅

The reveal to her kids was so sad…why on earth did she tell them by scrolling through her phone?! They are a blended family who have already experienced a ton of change, be mindful of your kids, Alice!! The least she could have done was look them in the eye and actually be a parent to them. It looked as though she wanted to surprise them and see their shocked reaction more than prepare them for a change in a thoughtful way. Sharing a very private moment with thousands on the internet is not good parenting, it’s shocking how desperate she is for validation.

Then her barefoot, pregnant in the kitchen photo. Not staged at all 😅

And her “woe is me nothing fits” when she’s still in the relatively early stages of pregnancy…this isn’t her first rodeo, I’m guessing she has heard of internet shopping and maternity clothes.

Ugh it’s just pathetic that she went radio silent on social media for ages, but now she thinks she’s got life made she has to let everyone else know. She is the worst kind of person.

Reactions: 17

Baileybob

I feel sad for her if they have experienced pregnancy loss, its awful and painful.

But as someone who did have a long journey to parenthood - how long can hers possibly have been? They would only have been together for 18 months when she got pregnant.

I wish she wouldn’t be so disingenuous.

• Heart
Reactions: 17