Alicej_t #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They got married pretty quick and bought a house in the South West. That’s tens of thousands of pounds of outlay on either his or their families behalves.

Reactions: 4
They got married pretty quick and bought a house in the South West. That’s tens of thousands of pounds of outlay on either his or their families behalves.
I would say likely 100s of thousands, didn't someone say their house was like 700/800k? Gonna need a serious deposit wedge for that to make the mortgage affordable.

Reactions: 2
Her latest grid post bothered me and I couldn’t quite put my finger on why, but I think it’s this - she has complained incessantly about this pregnancy, the kind of complaining designed to make everyone around her feel guilty that she’s suffering and they aren’t.
Pregnancy IS hard. I had horrendous pregnancies. But it wasn’t my kids’ fault or my partner’s (other than the obvious 🤣). What Alice fails to realise is that if pregnancy is hard for her, it’s hard for her whole family. Her kids have a mum that’s not fully functioning. Her husband has to pick up the slack with whatever she can’t do. It’s a whole family effort to get through a tough pregnancy! But all she ever does is focus on herself, no acknowledgement of what her kids have sacrificed, no gratitude for her husband, and it feels terribly sad to me.
I look at that photo of her kids with the scan pic and feel so sorry for them. What must they think? Their mum had a shotgun marriage and an instant baby, she’s clearly been a nightmare through the pregnancy…but they are supposed to be excited and think it’s all really special? Poor kids. And weird that there is no mention of her husband, they don’t really strike me as much of a team?

Reactions: 7
She really thinks she’s the main character. Those kids are going to dislike her when they look back at their childhoods I fear. The stuff with Dan Salmassian - she obviously didn’t check him out before moving in with him. Bad enough he was a conman - but what if he’d been a predator? She simply doesn’t see her kids as real people or how else could she so readily put them in danger and then abandon them? She is a very bad person.

Reactions: 13
I unashamedly love a Toby Carvery, and I love a Wetherspoons too. Pisses me off to no end when bougie middle-class influencers make a big thing of going to these places as though it's some kind of working class safari. Look at us, slumming it with the plebs, sooooo relatable.

For some people a Toby Carvery is one of the few experiences they might have of eating out - maybe for financial reasons, might be out of sheer habit, lots of them have kids play areas which makes it a viable family meal destination. The way she was going on about her husband - "how can a TOBY CARVERY be someone's favourite meal, oh the humanity" - oh duck off, just let people like what they like.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I unashamedly love a Toby Carvery, and I love a Wetherspoons too. Pisses me off to no end when bougie middle-class influencers make a big thing of going to these places as though it's some kind of working class safari. Look at us, slumming it with the plebs, sooooo relatable.

For some people a Toby Carvery is one of the few experiences they might have of eating out - maybe for financial reasons, might be out of sheer habit, lots of them have kids play areas which makes it a viable family meal destination. The way she was going on about her husband - "how can a TOBY CARVERY be someone's favourite meal, oh the humanity" - oh duck off, just let people like what they like.
Wish there was a love button for this 🙌🏻

Reactions: 3
I would say likely 100s of thousands, didn't someone say their house was like 700/800k? Gonna need a serious deposit wedge for that to make the mortgage affordable.
I may have gotten this wrong but I’m sure she was posting over the summer that they were at sandbanks in Dorset which is local to them, which would value a property like the one they bought at £mils

I think the house was located and is in Poole (Lilliput maybe) and cost 8 or 9 hundred k. He’s a software developer and not that old so the money must have come from his parents.

Reactions: 1
I don’t think they live in Lilliput or sandbanks at all, the house seems very ‘ordinary’. I’m guessing parkstone in which case it’s deffo not £700k as houses there are much cheaper.

Sold house prices on Rightmove. It’s easy if you know what the general area is, if the owner has posted a move in date and helpfully posted a house tour video so you can compare interiors.

Reactions: 2
Yep. I can't remember anything about the area but I saw the house on RM at the time (after she posted the floor plan online, obviously...) and it was around the £700k+ mark.

Yes, that took me about 15 seconds to find on Rightmove! Like you say Alice can't help but show off so it makes it very easy to track down.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.