Alicej_t #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s teaching the manchild to cook to avoid frozen pizzas after baby arrives. I have no words.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She’s teaching the manchild to cook to avoid frozen pizzas after baby arrives. I have no words.
Lol, we also had toad in the hole tonight, my 21 weeks pregnant self needs stodge and carbs at the moment. My husband made it, like he's made 90% of our meals since I found out I was pregnant! Even before that we split the cooking fairly evenly.

Also, surely if there was ever a time to say 'sod it' and do a frozen pizza it's when you have a newborn! Much less washing up.

Reactions: 2
So little miss Gucci bags now shops at Home Bargains. How the mighty have fallen! (No shade on HB - love it, it’s just not Alice’s usual style)
Also, the whole ‘sneaked them in the basket until I was told no more’ - slaying like the feminist you are, hey Alice!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
So little miss Gucci bags now shops at Home Bargains. How the mighty have fallen! (No shade on HB - love it, it’s just not Alice’s usual style)
Also, the whole ‘sneaked them in the basket until I was told no more’ - slaying like the feminist you are, hey Alice!
“Who runs the world!” “Rich, doormat blokes! Girls, girls! SLAAAYYYYYYYYY”

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Love how she's detailing what a Toby Carvery is like, as though it's some totally novel experience that none of her followers are familiar with 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Love how she's detailing what a Toby Carvery is like, as though it's some totally novel experience that none of her followers are familiar with 😂
Bit of a comedown from Gramps’ lobster dinners!!
Anyone else think it’s creepy that she says manchild and Elfie go to the Toby Carvery just the two of them??

She is so boring 😂 I definitely did not need a deep dive into a toby carvery on a Sunday afternoon 😴. And yes, I find it weird that the man child and her daughter go for regular food throw downs. I’ve never had to blend families, but after all the crap Alice has put those kids through I’d think it wise to take the relationship between her kids and her man slowly and safely. But, Alice has always shown appalling judgment so no surprise that it’s been a free for all.

I think Elfie might have a little crush on step daddy dearest. Also, the Toby carvery, is he just slumming it with the “poors” to “keep it real”?

*please note, I love a TC and do not think people who go there are poor, but seems like an interesting choice for someone like him. 💴

Reactions: 7
I think Elfie might have a little crush on step daddy dearest. Also, the Toby carvery, is he just slumming it with the “poors” to “keep it real”?

*please note, I love a TC and do not think people who go there are poor, but seems like an interesting choice for someone like him. 💴
When you think about the relationship modelling this poor young girl will have witnessed, it’s really not surprising that physical and emotional closeness with this relatively new man will seem extremely desirable.

She’s seen her mum throw herself at any Johnny-come-lately even when it was literally a dangerous and criminal situation. Probably (what with living in London while they were in Dorset) she felt the men were getting more of Alice’s love, attention, affection and closeness and the partners seemed to make Alice happier (in the good times) than her kids were able to.

I think Alice should be super aware of where, how and from whom her precious tween girl is seeking affection and attention. That guy is not her dad but she clearly needs solid, stable and honest affection (ideally not captured and paraded on the ‘gram - your kids are not your career).

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13

‘Someone like him’? I think he is 💯 Mr Toby Carvery!
I really do! He’s bought a suburban house in a retirement town and has a weird little moustache and is entirely lacking in sex appeal.
Toby Carvery all the way through mate!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I didn't like the attitude that a Toby Carvery is somehow slumming it and only common folk go there.

In fairness, I think it's just that the Toby Carvery brand is a bit dated not a criticism of those that go there.

To be fair, I'd rather eat my own eyeballs than go to a Toby Carvery. The idea of queuing (presume that's what you do?) for a selection of meats makes me feel quite queasy.

We have two local TC close to us. One is grim, and the food isn’t nice and one the roast on a Sunday is pretty good and we go occasionally when I can’t be bothered to cook. I think it depends on who’s running the kitchen. It’s definitely not posh though and I’m surprised Alice is tolerating it. She likes the good things in life. It all feels a little patronising to me, how she posted about it.

Adding my Toby Carvery experience! I went there for breakfast once and they had breakfast gravy (can't remember what made it breakfast gravy compared to normal gravy 🤣) it was completely fine, we got a big filling breakfast for a reasonable price.

Keeping it on topic.. not sure if I can! It will be interesting to see if she does go back to the #influencing life because it feels like there's so much of it around for babies.

‘Someone like him’? I think he is 💯 Mr Toby Carvery!
I really do! He’s bought a suburban house in a retirement town and has a weird little moustache and is entirely lacking in sex appeal.
Toby Carvery all the way through mate!

I can’t see Mr and Mrs Bull Sr ever stepping foot in one, maybe it’s a habit he picked up at uni. If AJT was having to teach him to cook he’s probably still eating pot noodles and cereal at midnight 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.