Alice Liveing #9 Monday’s here, spiral time, I ate a roast but promise I'm fine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In other predictable news, the app isn’t working
Shes a mess but it’s her own making.
If I was in that group I’d write something like “the app isn’t working again… I’m thinking of browsing YouTube for 1000 similar FREE VIDEOS that don’t buffer/break/disappear” 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Why is she plugging specsavers?! Maybe she’s a paying customer but what a random business to big up. If she really want to help them she should leave them a review on Google. No follower of hers is going to be like “oh must get down to specsavers”. She just gets weirder and weirder by the minute.

Reactions: 4
Absolutely no self-awareness at all. She needs to watch those stories back and look at how it comes across.

Oh I'm having to rearrange my diary so that I can go on a last-minute trip to Paris tomorrow. In the next breath, I'm so anxious I can hardly get through the day, it's debilitating and I'm trying to push on through it.

How can she not see that these two things are linked? She needs to clear her diary completely and take some time for herself. I don't mean a fancy holiday booked by her travel agent pal, or a bougie trip to some weekend retreat. She needs a social media blackout, she needs to change therapists and put the work in, maybe do some mindful meditation or yoga. No press trips or posh nights out, no showing off DP's legs on the sofa. She needs to go right back to basics. She is in such a fortunate position that she can clear her diary to do that if she chooses!

She's always going on about how exercise is so good for her mentally but I think what she means is that doing exercise makes her feel good. Two different things. I think she feels better mentally when she's exercised because she's done something to control her weight or her image, rather than feeling good because she's active and healthy and taking care of her body.

Also - walking around talking into her phone in the early hours, visibly emotional, broadcasting recognisable locations. Might as well have a neon sign saying MUG ME.
Spot on. She seems to be very much a creature of habit who seems to get thrown whenever she does anything out of the ordinary. Honestly not meaning to be harsh but her ups and downs are soo extreme. It’s been said before but the manic highs/lows really do remind me of people I know with bipolar. I hope she gets the right help/meds soon because as annoying as she is, she’s wasting the best years of her life as a yo-yo!!

Reactions: 5
Bingo, story about her anxiety and dissolving into tears at the end… dear god she needs a better counsellor!
Listening again to her anxiety chat and aside from the fact she is as unaware of her privilege as ever she mentions that she said to Paddy 'she wished she could click her fingers and just be fine' and then gets really tearful again. It is of course impossible to know what goes on in any relationship but she really doesn't give off the vibes of someone who is supported and loved and that makes me sad. ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Listening again to her anxiety chat and aside from the fact she is as unaware of her privilege as ever she mentions that she said to Paddy 'she wished she could click her fingers and just be fine' and then gets really tearful again. It is of course impossible to know what goes on in any relationship but she really doesn't give off the vibes of someone who is supported and loved and that makes me sad. ☹
So let’s play devils advocate. What if Paddy IS being supportive but Alice is being a help rejecting complainer? Her dopamine hits are gotten when she puts her poor me scenarios out in the internet and her little followers rush to make her feel better.
I think she’s probably a handful. Stubborn and a bit depressed. I might be feeling sorry for DP😂

Reactions: 11
I genuinely think all Alice’s problems stem from being on social media. She bases her self worth on her appearance (and clearly compares herself to others all the time) and the amount of engagement her posts do/don’t get. Yes, social media has furthered her career and got her lots of sponsorships and freebies, but I genuinely believe she’d be happier if she drastically reduced her social media presence and focused on PT-ing. I also think she knows this but doesn’t want to make the change.

Reactions: 8
So let’s play devils advocate. What if Paddy IS being supportive but Alice is being a help rejecting complainer? Her dopamine hits are gotten when she puts her poor me scenarios out in the internet and her little followers rush to make her feel better.
I think she’s probably a handful. Stubborn and a bit depressed. I might be feeling sorry for DP😂
I expect you are right and it probably is all for the validation she gets from her followers. I just struggle to understand how friends and family haven't called her out!? My friends and family would be the best support network if I needed them but in the same breath, they would have none of that performative nonsense. None of it.

I genuinely think all Alice’s problems stem from being on social media. She bases her self worth on her appearance (and clearly compares herself to others all the time) and the amount of engagement her posts do/don’t get. Yes, social media has furthered her career and got her lots of sponsorships and freebies, but I genuinely believe she’d be happier if she drastically reduced her social media presence and focused on PT-ing. I also think she knows this but doesn’t want to make the change.
That's the thing though isn't it a low/no profile job would then be all about the day in day-out hard work and effort and I think that like a lot of influencers Alice has long forgotten what a full day of hard work is like - I very much doubt that she could hack it!

Is she still using roaccutane?....I'd be mentioning any mood swings to my prescribing clinician!

Reactions: 3
I’m going to play devils advocate here and say I don’t think she’s really feeling down, suffering from anxiety, struggling etc. I think she’s creating a ‘journey’ for herself ahead of her book coming out next year. That’s why she hasn’t announced it widely. She wants to be able to say ‘I was struggling, I’ve learned how to cope and I’m releasing a book to help you too.’ I genuinely think she’s full of tit. This may or may not be conscious behaviour though. I just see some of her regular behaviours and don’t believe she’s struggling - the smug selfies and the constant filming herself from behind and talking about food going to her ‘peach’. She loves herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m going to play devils advocate here and say I don’t think she’s really feeling down, suffering from anxiety, struggling etc. I think she’s creating a ‘journey’ for herself ahead of her book coming out next year. That’s why she hasn’t announced it widely. She wants to be able to say ‘I was struggling, I’ve learned how to cope and I’m releasing a book to help you too.’ I genuinely think she’s full of tit. This may or may not be conscious behaviour though. I just see some of her regular behaviours and don’t believe she’s struggling - the smug selfies and the constant filming herself from behind and talking about food going to her ‘peach’. She loves herself.
This is a good point but on the other hand I don't think she is bright enough/able to control her emotions.

• Haha
I don’t think she’s capable of playing any long game. She literally verbally vomits out all the inner workings of her head. This big project that she can’t name is eating her up. Funny how it’s already out there.
Her publisher is also massively overestimating the worth of her following. That book is not going to sell 600k copies.

Come on now, everyone, spare a thought for poor Alice... Had to completely rearrange her whole "work" schedule to go to Paris! Fancy brunches and lunches in favour of a trip to a popular city destination!

#prayforalice

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Is she still using roaccutane?....I'd be mentioning any mood swings to my prescribing clinician!
Yes she is and everytime she asks herself questions on insta she denies roaccutane has had any effect on her mood and psych.
I just don’t ever remember her being this irritating through the pandemic or before.

Reactions: 3
She’s 100% posted that purely to tag the restaurant in the hope they get special “influencer” treatment/freebies - she knows no one cares that they’re going to see the sights, she just wanted an excuse to tell the restaurant they were coming

• Sick
She’s 100% posted that purely to tag the restaurant in the hope they get special “influencer” treatment/freebies - she knows no one cares that they’re going to see the sights, she just wanted an excuse to tell the restaurant they were coming
Number one influencer trick 😂

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.