Alice Liveing #3 Almond alice’s skins on fire, shame her app Is dire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I seem to recall that she was tested and said she had PCOS? She said her skin was way better on the pill but has come off it. Obviously personal choice but if your hormones are out of whack then sometimes they need a balance. I’m double her age and body identical HRT is definitely on my agenda now, we need oestrogen for so many reasons and progesterone as my falling levels turn me into a raging lunatic sometimes. I wonder if she’s had any hormone testing recently - I know now at over 45 it’s wildly unreliable but at her age it might give some pointers.

For sure lots of different foods and alcohol has probably affected it a bit the last week but she does also fiddle with it a LOT, different products and treatments. That’s confusing for any skin.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I know you mean this with best intentions but makeup causing acne is a bit of a myth. I’ve seen over 5 dermatologists for my own skin and they all said the same thing- makeup is fine as long as you remove it properly. Persistent adult acne is usually a hormonal problem.

I can’t understand why she constantly goes to these injectables/ fancy treatment centres to get her skin blitzed thinking that’s going to solve her problem. 8/10 topical acne treatments don’t work because it’s hormone related. Seriously Alice, you have money- get blood work, test for PCOS and don’t touch accutane out of desperation because if you struggle with feeling low now, accutane depression is a whole different ballgame and you don’t want to ruin your joints.
I'm not saying it could clear up the acne but there could be some ingredients in it that her skin reacts to 🤷‍♀️ Or maybe it's the almonds...

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I do feel for her with the skin eruptions but I also don’t think she helps it with the chopping and changing and lasers and peels and that lamp she’s got. 🙄🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
The way Alice goes on about her skin, you'd think she had severe acne. She needs to get a reality check. Does she not realise that her skin seems to flare up the most after treatments? That is when it looks worse to me. The skin woman must be laughing to the bank with Alice going to frequently but then always complaining about her skin. I honestly think something is wrong with her to be so convinced that her skin is bad.

Reactions: 14
That tretinoin cream is potent stuff. My husband had it for a severe skin acne like issue on an area of his lower back (had to check the tube that’s hidden away now!) - combination of factors led to horrific outbreaks. It definitely helped but it created a peeling effect and a very delicate skin texture whilst it did its stuff. Not sure if you can be wearing make up when it’s on, certainly wouldn’t have fancied it on my face if I then had to put make up on top. Wonder how much they charged her for that session and cream?! 😬

Reactions: 3
That tretinoin cream is potent stuff. My husband had it for a severe skin acne like issue on an area of his lower back (had to check the tube that’s hidden away now!) - combination of factors led to horrific outbreaks. It definitely helped but it created a peeling effect and a very delicate skin texture whilst it did its stuff. Not sure if you can be wearing make up when it’s on, certainly wouldn’t have fancied it on my face if I then had to put make up on top. Wonder how much they charged her for that session and cream?! 😬
tret takes some getting used to - you should pretty much stop using everything else whilst on it. Literally cleanser, moisturiser & SPF - nothing more.

I hope that has been properly communicated to her. Also that there’s usually a purge where your skin gets wayyyy worse before it gets better.

she could have just used dermatica or skin+me who would have prescribed her exactly what she needed for less than £20 a month. That would probably be too straight forward for her tho.

tret takes some getting used to - you should pretty much stop using everything else whilst on it. Literally cleanser, moisturiser & SPF - nothing more.

I hope that has been properly communicated to her. Also that there’s usually a purge where your skin gets wayyyy worse before it gets better.

she could have just used dermatica or skin+me who would have prescribed her exactly what she needed for less than £20 a month. That would probably be too straight forward for her tho.
Probably too cheap for her 😅

I get the vibe Alice thinks more expensive = better.

Admittedly true sometimes but not always!

Reactions: 5
I know people say her skin isn’t that bad etc but persistent mild acne really stole my 20s and it’s only after going on roaccutane that I have my life and mental health back! And my physical health because I can sleep more not having to bother to put on makeup and hide away!

Having said that I don’t know why she doesn’t just go to a proper dermatologist when she can clearly afford to which is what I did!

PS roaccutane much harder to get then tretinoin but I got far less severe side effects from roaccutane than from tret which made my skin greasy and peeling

• Heart
She's always complaining about her period and skin, I know she was diagnosed with PCOS so maybe she should go back on some type of birth control. I know people don't always wanna be on hormones but as someone with Endo, sometimes the pros outweigh the cons. I am on the Depo shot and a lot of people hate it but for me it works and makes my life much better quality

Reactions: 3
She's always complaining about her period and skin, I know she was diagnosed with PCOS so maybe she should go back on some type of birth control. I know people don't always wanna be on hormones but as someone with Endo, sometimes the pros outweigh the cons. I am on the Depo shot and a lot of people hate it but for me it works and makes my life much better quality
Yes, we all make a choice for such things but my friend had the implant for similar reasons and it transformed her life. I was always a bit resistant to HRT but the new stuff is body identical and hopefully it’s just balancing out what I should have naturally! I guess it’s up to her but she does flit between so many things without perhaps looking at the bigger picture. I bloody loved being on the pill when I was younger. Felt brilliant, predictable cycle or no periods at all, no unexpected baby! 🤣

Reactions: 2
Am I missing something here, like why exactly does she think her skin is so bad? As someone who was very insecure about sun damage and pigmentation on my skin and spent a lot of $$$ on peels for it I completely understand how it feels to be insecure about your skin even if other people tell you 'it looks fine', but in her case I honestly don't think there's anything wrong with her skin - it's just slightly pink and inflamed. She certainly should NOT be using tretinoin when she doesn't even have any acne or anything. I'm surprised it was even given to her tbh. Complaining so much about her skin is also insensitive to people who ACTUALLY have really severe skin problems like cystic acne who would kill to have skin like hers which is pretty much clear, just a tiny bit pink. I think unfortunately the Instagram beauty standards have made a lot of us feel like we need to have 'perfect' skin even when we aren't wearing makeup, so that's probably making her obsess over it because she wants to be able to have perfect camera ready skin even without makeup, but I hate what an unrealistic bar it's setting for the rest of us. THAT'S WHAT MAKEUP IS FOR!

Reactions: 12
Am I missing something here, like why exactly does she think her skin is so bad? As someone who was very insecure about sun damage and pigmentation on my skin and spent a lot of $$$ on peels for it I completely understand how it feels to be insecure about your skin even if other people tell you 'it looks fine', but in her case I honestly don't think there's anything wrong with her skin - it's just slightly pink and inflamed. She certainly should NOT be using tretinoin when she doesn't even have any acne or anything. I'm surprised it was even given to her tbh. Complaining so much about her skin is also insensitive to people who ACTUALLY have really severe skin problems like cystic acne who would kill to have skin like hers which is pretty much clear, just a tiny bit pink. I think unfortunately the Instagram beauty standards have made a lot of us feel like we need to have 'perfect' skin even when we aren't wearing makeup, so that's probably making her obsess over it because she wants to be able to have perfect camera ready skin even without makeup, but I hate what an unrealistic bar it's setting for the rest of us. THAT'S WHAT MAKEUP IS FOR!
She is an idiot. Perhaps as she gets older she will get wiser and realise how beautiful she is without botox, lasers, treatments etc.
My skin actually looks better the older I am and I think it's cause I wear spf every day and do not wear heavy makeup.

Reactions: 7
I’m relieved she’s clearly been informed and is taking the advice so far on how to use that treatment. Before it was banned I used to have something called Isotrex on repeat prescription and it’s brutal if you do something wrong - I once chopped chillies and itched my face and it was so painful. If you’re taking tattle advice Alice, invest in an aloe plant and use the gel from it if it burns.

So she’s wearing a hat that doesn’t actually shade her chin or half her face. Yep, good work Almonds.

Paging stylist for a freebie!! Paging! Paging! Need some more free stuff!!! Designer only, none of that tatty low rent Primark stuff she used to say was the bees knees. 🙄

Attachments

So she’s wearing a hat that doesn’t actually shade her chin or half her face. Yep, good work Almonds.

Paging stylist for a freebie!! Paging! Paging! Need some more free stuff!!! Designer only, none of that tatty low rent Primark stuff she used to say was the bees knees. 🙄
Maybe she’s listened to us talk about her fashun choices?

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Did I hear her say she’s not going to wear makeup for a few weeks?? Hi Alice, nice to seeing you’re still reading here. Why not start up your own account and join in, seeing as you spend so much time here!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.